12-6 (5-2) does not suck | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

12-6 (5-2) does not suck

This is Syracuse. If you’re not even on the bubble, you suck.

High seed: very good - great.
Not a high seed but clearly in tourney: good
Bubble team: decent

Everything below that: suck.
For 40+ years JB had a remarkably consistent run. As consistent as almost any coach out there. The last five years have been a slow motion car wreck. House needs to be cleaned. Moving forward with JB or any of his assistants (past or current) is the definition of insanity.

But what is Syracuse now? It's been 9 years. You know what Parcells said. We're not in the Big East with no probation, the old transfer rules and no NIL. Is it healthy to judge current and future teams by the standards of another era? The 1959 football team was a one-platoon, (same guys on offense and defense) team playing other one platoon teams. Maybe the old days are the old days.

(I'll be asking JB this on his final show.)

But what is Syracuse now? It's been 9 years. You know what Parcells said. We're not in the Big East with no probation, the old transfer rules and no NIL. Is it healthy to judge current and future teams by the standards of another era? The 1959 football team was a one-platoon, (same guys on offense and defense) team playing other one platoon teams. Maybe the old days are the old days.

(I'll be asking JB this on his final show.)
Do u promise it's his FINAL show?

The only reason you think this sucks is because you're spoiled by the guy you want to fire

The only reason you think this sucks is because you're spoiled by the guy you want to fire
Ok, and??

And I don’t want to fire him, I want him to retire. He’s almost 80 and doesn’t have it anymore. Happens to everybody.

This is competitive, high stakes sports - he’s already got his lifetime achievement awards. The head coaching job is not that.

We suck. If we played a normal Syracuse schedule we would be 11-18. This is JB’s worst team in the KenPom era and Simple Rating System.
This team would be a favorite in three ACC games against our 2016-17 schedule.

I've said it multiple times but JB is reaaaally lucky the ACC is dogchit right now.

We suck. If we played a normal Syracuse schedule we would be 11-18. This is JB’s worst team in the KenPom era and Simple Rating System.
Yes both the non-conference and conference schedules were pretty easy compared to our usual standards.

Ok we suck. No one can argue that. But is the reason not due to coaching, per se, but the fact that we don't have the right players to play the zone. Typically on most of our good teams, we have 2 long athletic guards up top. Right now, it's basically a sieve and everything breaks down. I think recruiting is the issue, more than the scheme. Yes we all know who is responsible for that, but coaching (X's and O's) is not the biggest issue in my mind.

The guy who spoiled us is not the same guy who is working the levers now.
And saying we are/were "spoiled" says we're not entitled to it.
If any program's fans are entitled to it, we are.

JB is like a stock. Not selling it before it craters is kinda stupid, when the rationalization is that you're holding onto it because you were rich on paper for a while.

JB is like a stock. Not selling it before it craters is kinda stupid, when the rationalization is that you're holding onto it because you were rich on paper for a while.
Fans are outperforming the program for sure.

31,000 to watch a mediocre Duke team kick the crap out of us, smh. If the fan support matched the levels of the recent teams, we’d get 6,000 a night and play at OCC.

Ok we suck. No one can argue that. But is the reason not due to coaching, per se, but the fact that we don't have the right players to play the zone. Typically on most of our good teams, we have 2 long athletic guards up top. Right now, it's basically a sieve and everything breaks down. I think recruiting is the issue, more than the scheme. Yes we all know who is responsible for that, but coaching (X's and O's) is not the biggest issue in my mind.
OK but whose job is it to recruit the players. It is the coach's job. And it is his job to recruit the payers who can play in his system. Why did he not recruit players who could play in his system (or according to the coach, in any system, if he is correct that neither can they play man defense)?

OK but whose job is it to recruit the players. It is the coach's job. And it is his job to recruit the payers who can play in his system. Why did he not recruit players who could play in his system (or according to the coach, in any system, if he is correct that neither can they play man defense)?
Oh I agree, and indicated it in my post. Just think "we suck" conflates a bunch of issues, and if we had the talent I think JB's "system" would be a heck of a lot more successful than what we have seen recently.

Sorry, I don't think he's is like a stock

Is the national championship just on paper because we didn't sell high?

Weird analogy

Sorry, I don't think he's is like a stock

Is the national championship just on paper because we didn't sell high?

Weird analogy
Analogies aren't bad just because 100% of every detail isn't correlated 1:1.

Sorry you didn't get/needed to ignore the point.

It's 100% ridiculous
"The only reason you think this sucks is because you're spoiled by the guy you want to fire"

That's the piece of genius in question. You're in no position to assess ridiculousness.

From the guy who can't imagine more than one reason why this all sucks. And who, with this gem, isn't actually contradicting that it does suck. That's quite an argument you got there.

Oh, yeah—and this is what started it all: "Thinking back to earlier this season and laughing at the temper tantrums again"—gloating about a win... In January.

The guy still bailing out the Titanic, when it's already a fathom below.

[Sorry, i know Jim is not a boat.]

"The only reason you think this sucks is because you're spoiled by the guy you want to fire"

That's the piece of genius in question. You're in no position to assess ridiculousness.

From the guy who can't imagine more than one reason why this all sucks. And who, with this gem, isn't actually contradicting that it does suck. That's quite an argument you got there.

Oh, yeah—and this is what started it all: "Thinking back to earlier this season and laughing at the temper tantrums again"—gloating about a win... In January.

The guy still bailing out the Titanic, when it's already a fathom below.

[Sorry, i know Jim is not a boat.]

Not just any win! A home win over 10-19 Notre Dame.

Two (2!) wins in the ACC. TIED FOR LAST
in the conference!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom