12-6 (5-2) does not suck | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

12-6 (5-2) does not suck

I think someone should look into developing a competitive annual Big 5 regular season battle in the area that could rival the Philly Big 5

Syracuse
Binghamton
Cornell
Colgate
Lemoyne

We might even win it a few times.

In fairness, 16-11 (9-7) also doesn't suck.

Of course, 16-11 (9-7) isn't good, particularly given the competition.
Yeah def don't think "we suck".

My bump was more I was thinking about the Duke L making the 0-4 vs Duke, UVA, UNC, Miami a reality...and that suggesting stuff like we might go 0-4 vs those teams not being a pessimistic take but more of a "this could definitely happen" take.

Yeah def don't think "we suck".

My bump was more I was thinking about the Duke L making the 0-4 vs Duke, UVA, UNC, Miami a reality...and that suggesting stuff like we might go 0-4 vs those teams not being a pessimistic take but more of a "this could definitely happen" take.
I agree.

Blaming "pessimism" is among the laziest takes on this board.

What sucks is losing 27 games in a row, as we did before Fred Lewis, Dave Bing and Jim Boehiem came here. The problem is not that we've hit bottom but rather that things can, indeed, get worse that this, (see Georgetown and Louisville) and we aren't trending in the right direction, even if we might have a better numerical record this year.

It's important that we get as many players as possible from this team back next year so they can continue their development into a better team than we've seen in recent years and then maybe we can build on that. But that's such a huge gamble in this era of the portal and NIL.

Last edited:
Syracuse and Louisville aren’t carrying their load, year after year now.

UNC and Duke happen to both be having down years this year too.
Football is a lost cause. If SU doesn't get the hoops program straightened out the GOR expiration will be the day the ACC kicks us out.

sLuOGOCYvBV_large.jpg

What sucks is losing 27 games in a row, as we did before Fred Lewis, Dave Bing and Jim Boehiem came here.
You mean before most of us were alive? FFS man, we don’t give a rats azz about what happened before our parents went to college. This isn’t MLB and it’s not the twentieth century anymore.

I'll be happy to see any guys return but I fear that even with everyone returning, our ceiling might be an 8 or 9 seed (unless we portal well). That loss was a kick to my nuts in terms of confidence with our current roster.

Full disclosure: a win tonight and I might be singing a different tune tomorrow. ;)

You mean before most of us were alive? FFS man, we don’t give a rats azz about what happened before our parents went to college. This isn’t MLB and it’s not the twentieth century anymore.

Now you can read the rest of my post.

I'll be happy to see any guys return but I fear that even with everyone returning, our ceiling might be an 8 or 9 seed (unless we portal well). That loss was a kick to my nuts in terms of confidence with our current roster.

Full disclosure: a win tonight and I might be singing a different tune tomorrow. ;)

Nice use of portal as a verb.

What sucks is losing 27 games in a row, as we did before Fred Lewis, Dave Bing and Jim Boehiem came here. The problem is not that we've hit bottom but rather that things can, indeed, get worse that this, (see Georgetown and Louisville) and we aren't trending in the right direction, even if we might have a better numerical record this year.

It's important that we get as many players as possible from this team back next year so they can continue their development into a better team than we've seen in recent years and then maybe we can build on that. But that's such a huge gamble in this era of the portal and NIL.
UGH! I remember those days. And Archbold Gym.

We don’t suck (we sucked tonight), and we aren’t good (we have been at times).

Oh we suck. This team is worse than last years team. We were lucky the ACC was trash this year.
It’s all about how we each define it. As far as I’m concerned any team that isn’t below 0.500 doesn’t “suck”. Plenty of other words you can use though after suck that still are a long way from good. Okay maybe we sort of suck.

Perhaps too much was made of the close losses.

Maybe more should have been made of the fact that we were lucky as ____ to beat a team like Louisville.
Too much was definitely made of close losses. I said repeatedly that more hoops games are close then not. Good teams win those close games, mediocre teams don’t.

We’re mediocre.

Oh we suck. This team is worse than last years team. We were lucky the ACC was trash this year.
I’ll take Judah over Buddy.
I’ll take Maliq over Jimmy.

But Cole >>>>>> Bell/Taylor
Frank > Hima

We’re a little deeper this year though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online