12-6 (5-2) does not suck | Syracusefan.com

12-6 (5-2) does not suck

Thinking back to earlier this season and laughing at the temper tantrums again
What makes me laugh are posts like this when we have a triple digit RPI coming into this game and this home win (over a bad ND team) will barely move the needle. Our “signature” win right now is over #62 in the RPI Va Tech.

I enjoyed watching the freshman lead us back tonight as much as anyone but jeez louise. Get a grip on reality. This 12-6 is not the same as 12-6 when we played in the Big East or even a marginal league.

What makes me laugh are posts like this when we have a triple digit RPI coming into this game and this home win (over a bad ND team) will barely move the needle. Our “signature” win right now is over #62 in the RPI Va Tech.

I enjoyed watching the freshman lead us back tonight as much as anyone but jeez louise. Get a grip on reality. This 12-6 is not the same as 12-6 when we played in the Big East or even a marginal league.
tbf millhouse has been clear he’s ok with bubble/below bubble. He’s not changing his opinion here. He think JB deserves to ride it out. I disagree. But I get his point

tbf millhouse has been clear he’s ok with bubble/below bubble. He’s not changing his opinion here. He think JB deserves to ride it out. I disagree. But I get his point
He original statement is that 12-6 does not suck…but if your wins are against almost all weak sisters and you losses are against all weak sisters… I would argue 12-6 does kind suck. Each to their own though

Just hope we can get a quad 1 win this year. Not 1 last year, and none this year. NET has not been around too long, but I bet you'd have to go back quite a ways to find a longer stretch without a quality win. And there are not a lot of opportunities either considering how down some teams are this year.

And just like the beginning of the year, the emotional basket cases will pretend I said things I didn't. For instance I'm aware that the acc is down but nugget (butt nugget?) pretends that I am not

The toughest part of the schedule (by a mile) is still ahead

And just like the beginning of the year, the emotional basket cases will pretend I said things I didn't. For instance I'm aware that the acc is down but nugget (butt nugget?) pretends that I am not
Resorting to an ad hominem attack seems to be the MO of the old school Boeheim suck ass brigade. Truly sad… just like this program, he has managed to destroy the last 10 years.

13 left. 8-5 / 9-4 is a tall order.

Really need to pull upset at Miami.

Next five are tough, could be a 1-4 stretch.

We are a slightly better than bad teams beating mostly bad teams

Perhaps. However, 3 of our 5 conference wins literally came down to the very last minute in each. And, their conference record currently is a combined 1-13. 4 of our conference wins are against opponents combined record of 3-18.

13 left. 8-5 / 9-4 is a tall order.

Really need to pull upset at Miami.

Next five are tough, could be a 1-4 stretch.

Miami is the one we can get but gotta be ready to turn around after this one. Miami, like ND is not a good defensive team but also like ND can get red hot from 3.

Problem is our quality of win is just horrid right now and we have two bad losses to boot (one extremely bad) We have 1 Q2 win ... that is it. The average bubble team tend to end up with 1 bad \loss on average, so we will be high in that regard to especially the Q4 loss. So our bad losses and bad NET means we need to have some quality wins on our resume.

The positive is that seven of our next 11 games are Q1 games. A few teams are on the edges of Q1-Q2, and the ACC teams will probably have a slow backwards drag as a hole in NET due to OOC play and the 3 dogs in our conference - but it should not be too much. We probably need to win 4 of the highlighted games to be in the discussion entering the ACC tournament -- and of course take the 4 bad games as well.

The next 5 game stretch will tell us quite a bit if this team is building positively towards being a potential bubble team. Or it will just finish us off. 3-2 has to be the target for those games.

As a reminder Notre Dame won 14 ACC games last year and was a play in. Wake won 13 games last year and missed in large part because of a terrible loss to BC to start the ACC tourney. And the ACC Conference NET is actually lower than last year -- although that is largely due to the abnormally high number of really bad teams for a P5+BE league (FSU, Louisville, BC). There may be a few more "quality win" chances this year in the ACC vs last year though so that is a good thing - hard to confirm as of now.

1673752699383.png

Last edited:
Problem is our quality of win is just horrid right now and we have two bad losses to boot (one extremely bad) We have 1 Q2 win ... that is it. The average bubble team tend to end up with 1 bad loss on average, so we will be high in that regard to especially the Q4 loss.

The positive is that seven of our next 11 games are Q1 games. A few teams are on the edges of Q1-Q2, and the ACC teams will probably have a slow backwards drag as a hole in NET due to OOC play - but it should not be too much. We probably need to win 4 of the highlighted games to be in the discussion entering the ACC tournament -- and of course take the 4 bad games as well.

The next 5 game stretch will tell us quite a bit if this team is building positively towards being a potential bubble team. Or it will just finish us off. 3-2 has to be the target for those games.

View attachment 224167
Nice work.

Problem is our quality of win is just horrid right now and we have two bad losses to boot (one extremely bad) We have 1 Q2 win ... that is it. The average bubble team tend to end up with 1 bad loss on average, so we will be high in that regard to especially the Q4 loss.

The positive is that seven of our next 11 games are Q1 games. A few teams are on the edges of Q1-Q2, and the ACC teams will probably have a slow backwards drag as a hole in NET due to OOC play - but it should not be too much. We probably need to win 4 of the highlighted games to be in the discussion entering the ACC tournament -- and of course take the 4 bad games as well.

View attachment 224167
The season will be determined in the next 3 weeks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom