12-6 (5-2) does not suck | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

12-6 (5-2) does not suck

This team is young and definitely is showing improvement as the season progresses. if Brown continues to step up that leaves the 3 spot battle which to be honest I really liked Taylor a 2 which opens up times for him and Bell to be on the floor if both are playing well.

Honestly, with a young team you are going to get those ebbs and flows like losses to Bryant and Colgate but I do agree the big wins are not on this resume and fortunately for SU some large fish lay ahead. Let's see what happens.

I wonder what the record of sufan44's esteemed panel of coaches is
Let’s chat after the season. A couple of league wins against ND and VT and you’re celebrating?

Our ACC wins - BC (2-5), VT (1-5), ND (1-6), L’Ville (0-7). C’mon.

We are a below average team with some young guys who aren’t bad.

Let’s chat after the season. A couple of league wins against ND and VT and you’re celebrating?

Our ACC wins - BC (2-5), VT (1-5), ND (1-6), L’Ville (0-7). C’mon.

We are a below average team with some young guys who aren’t bad.
I'm not celebrating. I'm just remembering how silly so many of you were.
I'll take your non answer to mean that at least some of them who laugh at boeheim have a worse record than him this year

Last edited:
What were your expectations for this year with 6 freshman? Was it realistic? The preseason ACC ratings put us finishing 8th in the league knowing our schedule etc. Notre Dame was picked 6th, they have 1 freshman starter and 4 grad student starters and 2 grad students coming off the bench. There are fan’s expectations but they may have nothing to do with reality. Below‘s link states the so called expert’s expectations. Of course I hope we have a great season and beat the heck out of their prediction. I may just be simple but I still cheer and am happy, (sometimes just relieved), after every single win. To me, it’s strange for ‘fans’ trying to shame fellow fans for seeing bright spots and being happy after a win.

Look how triggered they get at the statement that we don't suck

I'm not celebrating. I'm just remembering how silly so many of you were.
I'll take your non answer to mean that at least some of them will laugh at boeheim have a worse record than him this year
I know they still believe Syracuse is underachieving and Boeheim is well past his prime. I hope they do better and prove everyone wrong. But you’re absolutely celebrating prematurely.

Duke and UNC are down, which means we should beat them both at home and compete with Virginia for the ACC title. Next time we play Virginia, we shouldn’t try to beat them in a half court game because it won’t happen.

This is Syracuse and these are the expectations. No excuses!

I’m still cracking up at “suck ass brigade”.
The visual alone...:)

Animated GIF

While I agree, the caveat is this is a young team that appears to be improving and figuring out ways to win. I’m optimistic they can find a way to win 8 or 9 games and sneak into the Dance.
That is super fair as well.

I know they still believe Syracuse is underachieving and Boeheim is well past his prime. I hope they do better and prove everyone wrong. But you’re absolutely celebrating prematurely.
Your story is changing. You guys don't just pretend I said something different, you change what you said

"I can assure you that there are many - in fact, a vast majority - in the college basketball ranks that think Syracuse University are idiots for not canning Boeheim"

"I do this for a living, believe it or not. I can list any number of coaches in the Division I ranks that I know for a fact are laughing at us and do not respect SU anymore as a threat."

I told you that your friends/ clients/ whatever we idiots months ago. What are their records? Combine them if you don't want to give away who

If you think we are actually good because we can eke out wins against bad teams more power to you.
Did I say we were good?

You guys just keep doing it!

Either this place struggles to read, thinks there is no space between "does not suck" and"good" , or is just so damn emotional that idea that we don't suck gets your dander up

You won’t find any posts from me that say we suck. Louisville sucks though so again thankfully we didn’t blow that one. I’m hoping to be a lot better than not sucking though. It starts with…. Being better than not sucking, perhaps call it decent, then maybe even good. Eventually I want a title contending team for the first time in a long time.

its all relative to who you are comparing things with.

the ACC has very few good teams and 5-6 that look just like us but the bad losses are the killers to our resume much more than how good or bad we might be.

Did I say we were good?

You guys just keep doing it!

Either this place struggles to read, thinks there is no space between "does not suck" and"good" , or is just so damn emotional that idea that we don't suck gets your dander up

Who cares about the distinction between “doesn’t suck” and good? We want to be good. We haven’t been for a very long time. Anything short of that just isn’t all that interesting.

its all relative to who you are comparing things with.

the ACC has very few good teams and 5-6 that look just like us but the bad losses are the killers to our resume much more than how good or bad we might be.

Yeah, I like grouping teams into tiers and assessing that way. There's only a couple good ACC teams and then a bunch that go into a mediocre tier like us. On a good day, we can beat most of the mediocre teams, but just as likely to lose if we have a bad day.

13 left. 8-5 / 9-4 is a tall order.

Really need to pull upset at Miami.

Next five are tough, could be a 1-4 stretch.
IMHO toughest 5 game stretch of the year.

at Miami
at GTech (I'll be there)
UNC
at VTech
UVA

If Cuse goes 3-2 they should start popping up on Bracketology

My best guess is 2-3.

We will go 4-1 or 5-0.
I want UNC badly. Zero excuse for ever losing to GT. And I don’t care if Miami is supposedly good - they play garbage ball and just run around fast.

OK, but why do you have to do this tonight? Why is there a sense of urgency? You can let the rest of us enjoy the victory and hit us with your reality check tomorrow.
Day2…maybe you are right. Apologies. I was responding to Millhouse and his snark about the “tantrums” people were throwing early in the season. Those tantrums were warranted and nothing has changed that. I’m happy we won too.

on another note, I was digging around my closet today because my daughters friend got into Newhouse and she is throwing a “
Cuse“ themed party tonight here in NJ. I pulled out the big guns for her. I War Otto t shirt for her. She will be the belle of the ball! I can’t get the darn pic to upload!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom