14 games left. I think we win 10 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

14 games left. I think we win 10

Any other Syracuse team but this one. It’s too bad they didn’t rattle off a bunch of good wins, it wouldn’t make that loss look so awful, unfortunately Colgate sucks.
But they are still going to win their league and tournament and go to the NCAAT, which is all that matters to them after getting a win in the dome.

But they are still going to win their league and tournament and go to the NCAAT, which is all that matters to them after getting a win in the dome.
You as usual are talking out of your behind.
D55B0DA9-FEF5-4256-807D-645AB54E8559.jpeg

Patriot League standings. Colgate isn’t even favored.
Navy is favored to win the Patriot League.
But as usual you just talk without facts.

View attachment 212884

Colgate just beat Navy by 19, 69-50, at Navy.

Since you lack imagination I'll explain how mid-majors grow into a power. First you get a good coach, then you let him have time to get his program fully in hand and he gets the type of players he wants for his style of ball. Then, if he starts winning and better basketball players will come to play for him, then they win league titles and league tournaments and they make the NCAA. Then they get really good players and dominate their league every year and start to be on the radar as a rising mid-major power. That is the point Colgate is at now, if they keep progressing, they could become a serious basketball program.
Sure thing, CuseRunner, I mean, CuseHulk, eh...CousCuse! :rolleyes: #IRestMyCase

View attachment 212884

BU and Colgate were the preseason favorites.

BU and Colgate were the preseason favorites.
Preseason favorites aren’t the current favorites.
The current favorite based on schedule on DK is Navy.
Colgate has the 3rd best odds if you want to make some money.

Preseason favorites aren’t the current favorites.
The current favorite based on schedule on DK is Navy.
Colgate has the 3rd best odds if you want to make some money.
After Colgate lost to Lehigh, their coach gave them both barrels right between the eyes. I don't think they lose again in conference play.

A nice 10-4 finish puts us at 18-13. Even with that you would need to win the ACC tournament to get in unless two of those wins are against Duke.

Home games against Clemson, BC, Duke, Louisville, Wake, Georgia Tech, Miami

Road games: at BC, at Pitt, at NC State, at Va Tech,, at Duke at ND, at UNC

Regardless I will watch to the bitter end!

Cuse!
I’m just hoping we can somehow eke out a winning record.

The Duke "friends of the program" infrastructure is secure and won't miss a beat with Scheyer in charge.
You are probably right and they sure as hell have not missed a beat in recruiting may have improved slightly which is saying something but yeah I have no disagreement with you here

I’m curious, what was everyone saying that season we started 25-0? We won a lot of close games that year. Some folks said it wouldn’t last and we would start losing those types of games. (Which, of course, we did.) How many of you thought our luck would change back then? How many of you said we were as good as our record and expected the run to continue?

I posted many times that we weren't as good as our record and that I thought it would all even out. When you win 7 or 8 games by 4 points or less it becomes more about luck than skill.

I posted many times that we weren't as good as our record and that I thought it would all even out. When you win 7 or 8 games by 4 points or less it becomes more about luck than skill.
As did I. We stole a few games we had no business winning. Does not mean we weren't still a really good team, but it was a "matter of time" type of thing for awhile. And that season ended horribly, with 1 made shot outside the paint for the entire game. Unheard of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom