2 wins, really. | Syracusefan.com

2 wins, really.

SBU72

All Conference
Does the fan base really think the team can really win 2 games, in a row, back to back? with 6.5 guys? Sorry I am a fan but this does not seem reslistic to me. The only possible thing on their favor is playing "home" games in NYC.

Wake Forest we should win. Doesn't mean we will but we should. Then we could possibly get Lousiville in round 2 which we already beat. And NCST is another possibility... Not exactly unwinnable. UNC would be tough... We proved we could play with them in the first game but don't see is putting up that much of an effort against them twice

Wake Forest we should win. Doesn't mean we will but we should. Then we could possibly get Lousiville in round 2 which we already beat. And NCST is another possibility... Not exactly unwinnable. UNC would be tough... We proved we could play with them in the first game but don't see is putting up that much of an effort against them twice
We are locked into playing the 6

I don’t think Louisville is an option

Does the fan base really think the team can really win 2 games, in a row, back to back? with 6.5 guys? Sorry I am a fan but this does not seem reslistic to me. The only possible thing on their favor is playing "home" games in NYC.
If we blow out Wake so the starters can get some rest in the second half...maybe.

we won 3 in a row earlier this year with the same team

Good call. I'm guessing the OP may have meant winning 2 days in a row, but not sure.

Heck, we haven't won one ACC tournament game at all yet, so 2 would be a major accomplishment. Yes, the bar has really been lowered considerably since the Big East days. Depending on our draw, it seems quite reasonable we get it done though.

Good call. I'm guessing the OP may have meant winning 2 days in a row, but not sure.

Heck, we haven't won one ACC tournament game at all yet, so 2 would be a major accomplishment. Yes, the bar has really been lowered considerably since the Big East days. Depending on our draw, it seems quite reasonable we get it done though.
Doesn't "back to back" at least imply days in a row? Give me a break, over half this board has been all but screaming how the big 3 play to many miunts, how the whole team is fitagued with only 6 or 7 playing. And people exspect them to win not just 2 days in a row (less than 24 hrs) but 3 days! (48hrs) Wow.

Would Love to party with you cowboy! Really what’s the difference between 6.5 versus 7. We have done it before with our backs against the wall, maybe do it again. I doubt the kids will be sitting around with an NCAA tournament bid on line talking about how tired they are on back to back games. Be like last 6 miles of a marathon after only doing 20 mile training runs

Who are these players that JB would be comfortable playing even with a 20 point lead and 5 minutes remaining?
That’s what it will take, whether he wants to or not.

Moyer, Sidibe, Bayer, Autry, and whomever.

That’s what it will take, whether he wants to or not.

Moyer, Sidibe, Bayer, Autry, and whomever.
That's what it will take for what? To piss away a big lead and have to reinsert his starters? Sidibe can barely jump now as it is.

That's what it will take for what? To piss away a big lead and have to reinsert his starters? Sidibe can barely jump now as it is.
We won today. Go see a movie or something.

tumblr_lf5h51aMmH1qazn6h.gif

How do you come up with 6.5? Of the two reserves that JB played, we had one guy play 7 min (Sidibe) and one that played 4 min (Moyer). How do you come up with 1.5 between the two? So who is the 1 and who is the 0.5?

How do you come up with 6.5? Of the two reserves that JB played, we had one guy play 7 min (Sidibe) and one that played 4 min (Moyer). How do you come up with 1.5 between the two? So who is the 1 and who is the 0.5?
They’re both 0.75.

We should beat Wake 75% of the time and NC State (hopefully we play them) would be a 50/50 game. We can realistically win these next 2

We should beat Wake 75% of the time and NC State (hopefully we play them) would be a 50/50 game. We can realistically win these next 2

Yet, we lost to Wake once already, and also to NCSt - and that wasn’t on short rest like this game will be
(IF we even manage to beat Wake, which is far from a given.)

I’d say our chances of beating both of them are more theoretical than realistic.

And - IF it’s UNC as the potential 2nd game - we’re hosed.

If we blow out Wake so the starters can get some rest in the second half...maybe.
How would they rest? JB playing walk-ons. You expecting 6 OTs.

You must be fun at parties. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom