2 wins, really. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2 wins, really.

Exactly. I won't guarantee it by any means, but I hardly see it as an impossible task.

Well now I'm not optimistic at all if we can get by Wake. It's not the 2 days in a row thing. I still think that would have been possible but not vs UNC

Focus on Wake first. I also love UNC in the second game if we win. Cuse needs another Q1 win and easier to get that on the second straight day or playing than third.

Does the fan base really think the team can really win 2 games, in a row, back to back? with 6.5 guys? Sorry I am a fan but this does not seem reslistic to me. The only possible thing on their favor is playing "home" games in NYC.
i'd bet against it because of the opponent, not because of the structure of the team.

win two games in two days? sure , it's certainly plausible. in the abstract, anyway. i don't think the lack of depth would wear on them until the 3rd or 4th in a row.
but concretely, given the fact that the 2nd game is unc & i think we gave them our absolute best shot already . . .

How do you come up with 6.5? Of the two reserves that JB played, we had one guy play 7 min (Sidibe) and one that played 4 min (Moyer). How do you come up with 1.5 between the two? So who is the 1 and who is the 0.5?
Oh I agree but if I had said 5.5, everybody would have laugh.
Watched the Bona game last night and the St Louis announcers were talking about how SL was hurting, a little short handed and 1 guy wss playing soooo many minutes it was like 35 and wow a couple more around 30! But then pointed out how Bona had 2 guys around that. I wanted laugh and reach in there and shake them n tell the look at SU and then complain how long SL guys play!

If we blow out Wake so the starters can get some rest in the second half...maybe.

we would have to be up by so much that walk ons get in..because we literally have no other bodies.

Oh I agree but if I had said 5.5, everybody would have laugh.
Watched the Bona game last night and the St Louis announcers were talking about how SL was hurting, a little short handed and 1 guy wss playing soooo many minutes it was like 35 and wow a couple more around 30! But then pointed out how Bona had 2 guys around that. I wanted laugh and reach in there and shake them n tell the look at SU and then complain how long SL guys play!
SLU has four players suspended.

in the past here i've read posts "poo-pooing" the conference tourneys and saying it best to lose early and save strength for the ncaat . this year that is not an option. i think we need 3 wins still to be safely in. and that will exact a toll physically on such a diminutive rotation. and god forbid we see any overtime games.

"tourney gurdy, tourney gurdy, tourney gurdy, gurdy", he sang

Last edited:
in the past here i've read posts "poo-pooing" the conference tourneys and saying it best to lose early and save strength for the ncaat . this year that is not an option. i think we need 3 wins still to be safely in. and that will exact a toll physically on such a diminutive rotation. and god forbid we see any overtime games.

"tourney gurdy, tourney gurdy, tourney gurdy, gurdy", he sang
Obviously, in the years that we've been safely "in", we had that luxury.
In fact, I'd agree that resting up for the Big dance is better than fighting your way through 4-5 conference games, especially when you already know you're in the tourney. The year that GMac had the OBET run, we were probably on the outside looking in.
All the Conference tournaments do is give you opportunities to work your way in.
We beat Wake, IMO, we're likely in. We beat UNC...we're DEFINITELY in.

we would have to be up by so much that walk ons get in..because we literally have no other bodies.
Precisely why I don’t think we’re beating UNC.

i've never been to an NCAAT game. ever. used to go to the BET in NYC every year . best week of the year.
the conference tourneys do matter when you are competitive. great hoops.

Last edited:
Blow out an opponent? Have you seen this offense this year. Teams go on 8 minute droughts and we cannot pull away.
I think some of you are strugg-a-ling with what I’m actually saying here.

we won 3 in a row earlier this year with the same team

The last time we won three in a row two of those wins came against a team that’s currently 0-18. The other was BC.

Def possible but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom