2013 Rankings | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2013 Rankings

Don't really understand how Lawrence can miss almost the entire season, meanwhile Roberson puts up big numbers and wins games but Lawrence is 13 spots ahead. Hving said that i think late 30's is where Grant was and if late 30's for Roberson means were getting another grant i have no problem with that at all.

The class is loaded at the top so Ennis at 22 sounds about right. Most years he'd be a lock for around 15 give or take I think but with all the reclassification and such it pushed him back. I'm pretty sure during the Jordan game Biancardi said he thought Ennis was the third best pg in the class and this has him as fourth behind Black Jesus. It's funny because last year the best pg was Paige from UNC and Ennis would abuse him if they went head to head as seniors in high school. If Ennis was in last years class he's probably even higher than 15.

I have a tough time believing there are 135 players in the country better than BJ. Not sure why he's that low. Maybe they look at numbers to have a big part in dictating rankings once it gets past a certain point and as the OG has said rarely would BJ play heavy minutes because they'd always run teams out of the gym. It's too bad BJ didn't get the recognition rankings wise that he deserved but it sounds like he and his dad feed off that and it will just give more fuel to the fire this off season. Whatever tho looks like BJ will probably join the long list of guys coming to campus without a lofty ranking that prove to be steals and great contributors to the program.
BJ #90 Scout hoops, 102 ESPN, 136 rivals. He was not on any of these top list this time last year. But by all accounts it seems that these particular voters don't get it close to being consistent when rating players. Personally, I don't think that they really do their homework from a data collection and a getting out to see the players on a consistent basis. If they did, they would know the circumstances of why they are rating a player in a certain spot. That being said he has steadily been increasing in the voters eyes across the country because of hard work resulting in the success of his last year. BJ made huge sacrifices for the betterment of the team to win a CHIP instead of his own individual honors. Although he did receive some great individual honors that was not he goal at the end of last season. Remember, he and his team took out 5 nationally ranked teams as well as some good non ranked teams led by BJ's stellar play during various times this season. All I know is that we keep working to leave no questions/doubt to be asked of BJ's ability to play at the highest level that we can. You Gonna Learn Today!!! Francis I need that KH face with this quote. PS he just got in from lifting and will be in the MKC 3pt shooting contest as well.

Personally following the mantra of this post season being the revenge tour for our boys - why not let next season follow that - revenge against the fat bald men... to pay homage to Knight. Let the world understand just how good our ridiculously underrated recruiting class is.
"I say come in hungry and eat everything on the table and we aren't inviting outside guests only family!" Open up a can of WHOOPASS let team feed on that. SUball

BJ #90 hoops, 102 ESPN, 136 . He was not on any of these top list this time last year. But by all accounts it seems that these particular voters don't get it close to being consistent when rating players. Personally, I don't think that they really do their homework from a data collection and a getting out to see the players on a consistent basis. If they did, they would know the circumstances of why they are rating a player in a certain spot. That being said he has steadily been increasing in the voters eyes across the country because of hard work resulting in the success of his last year. BJ made huge sacrifices for the betterment of the team to win a CHIP instead of his own individual honors. Although he did receive some great individual honors that was not he goal at the end of last season. Remember, he and his team took out 5 nationally ranked teams as well as some good non ranked teams led by BJ's stellar play during various times this season. All I know is that we keep working to leave no questions/doubt to be asked of BJ's ability to play at the highest level that we can. You Gonna Learn Today!!! wtf2.png Francis I need that KH face with this quote. PS he just got in from lifting and will be in the MKC 3pt shooting contest as well.
Got ya.

"I say come in hungry and eat everything on the table and we aren't inviting outside guests only family!" Open up a can of WHOOPASS let team feed on that. SUball
Bobby, do you have any insight on where his old teammate Darryl Reynolds will end up?

Bobby, do you have any insight on where his old teammate Darryl Reynolds will end up?
Not sure where he going but I do know that Temple and Nova is in the mix.

"A bunch of short, fat bald guys that have never played Basketball before." Bob Knight on recruiting "experts"

That was our 09/10 team when they were saying none of the guys were ranked in the top100. Knight was giving ESPN the business on their own broadcast, lol.

Rivalshoops final top 150
22.Ennis
39.Roberson
136.BJ

Thoughts???

Per Rivaals

Our most recent and soon to be first round picks:

Jerami Grant 4* #64
CJ Fair 4* #94
MCW 4* #29
Fab Melo 5* #16
Dion Waiters 4* #29
Jonny Flynn 5* #22
Donte Greene 5* #9
Wesley Johnson 2* NR

Our most recent 2nd round picks:

Kris Joseph 3* #113

Possible/probably 2nd rounds:
Brandon Triche 3* 142
James Southerland 3* NR

Toughts are that it's good to play ball at Syracuse and you'll probably end up cashing checks playing professional basketball.

Funny thing is JB gets after most of these guys before anyone else even knows about them and develope's them in a year or 2 of solid PT into solid NBA prospects.

IIRC correctly, when we started recruiting Carmelo he was 185lbs and wasn't supposed to be a 1 and done superstar. By the time he hit campus he was 225 lbs and had NBA scouts drooling.

JB doesn't usually recruit Kentucky type one and done recruits but often times recruits we were after early have Kentucky, etc. try and swoop in late to steal them.

Per Rivaals

Jerami Grant 4* #64
CJ Fair 4* #94
MCW 4* #29
Fab Melo 5* #16
Dion Waiters 4* #29
Jonny Flynn 5* #22
Donte Greene 5* #9
Wesley Johnson 2* NR

Kris Joseph 3* #113

Brandon Triche 3* 142
James Southerland 3* NR

Toughts are that it's good to play ball at Syracuse and you'll probably end up cashing checks playing professional basketball.

Funny thing is JB gets after most of these guys before anyone else even knows about them and develope's them in a year or 2 of solid PT into solid NBA prospects.

IIRC correctly, when we started recruiting Carmelo he was 185lbs and wasn't supposed to be a 1 and done superstar. By the time he hit campus he was 225 lbs and had NBA scouts drooling.

JB doesn't usually recruit Kentucky type one and done recruits but often times recruits we were after early have Kentucky, etc. try and swoop in late to steal them.
Terrific post.

BJ will be in the 3pt contest at the MKC.
Will you be working on his technique? You probably work on him getting lift for his shot, while in a 3 point contest it is better to shoot a bit of a set shot. Are you guys going to work on it, or just go with the flow?

Will you be working on his technique? You probably work on him getting lift for his shot, while in a 3 point contest it is better to shoot a bit of a set shot. Are you guys going to work on it, or just go with the flow?
I don't think that will change too much of the lift on the shot but we will continue to work on the catch and shoot technique. I think he be able to get up the shots quick enough. It will be important for him to physically get to the rack quickly and smoothly when getting up the shots. for the sake of the drills we have been working on shooting and getting ready for the next shot as quickly as possible. It should be fun.

I don't think that will change too much of the lift on the shot but we will continue to work on the catch and shoot technique. I think he be able to get up the shots quick enough. It will be important for him to physically get to the rack quickly and smoothly when getting up the shots. for the sake of the drills we have been working on shooting and getting ready for the next shot as quickly as possible. It should be fun.
I'd like to see him an Ron in the finals of the shootout.

Cool, it drives me nuts when the participants stare their shots into the hoop instead of getting to the next shot, then they don't finish all the racks. There is something to be said for seeing the ball go through the hoop, but you have to get through all the racks.

Per Rivaals

Jerami Grant 4* #64
CJ Fair 4* #94
MCW 4* #29
Fab Melo 5* #16
Dion Waiters 4* #29
Jonny Flynn 5* #22
Donte Greene 5* #9
Wesley Johnson 2* NR

Kris Joseph 3* #113

Brandon Triche 3* 142
James Southerland 3* NR

Since he's rated roughly where they were, I'd happily accept a Fair/Joseph/Triche/James type career for BJ and Buss. Four year kids that didn't play a whole lot to start (except Triche) and got better as their careers progressed. Each will end up earning a nice paycheck playing pro ball for a number of years.

Also kind of odd that the two highest rated guys on their (Fab, Greene) were probably the least impactful and least liked. I guess with expectations comes all the negativity when things don't go right. And rankings aren't all they're supposed to be...

Since he's rated roughly where they were, I'd happily accept a Fair/Joseph/Triche/James type career for BJ and Buss. Four year kids that didn't play a whole lot to start (except Triche) and got better as their careers progressed. Each will end up earning a nice paycheck playing pro ball for a number of years.

Also kind of odd that the two highest rated guys on their (Fab, Greene) were probably the least impactful and least liked. I guess with expectations comes all the negativity when things don't go right. And rankings aren't all they're supposed to be...

By all accounts I've heard Donte was loved. His choice to leave early wasn't easy for him, he loved Cuse, and the feelings were reciprocated by the fans. His reason for going to cash NBA checks wasn't self serving in the least IIRC, and he didn't destroy our APR on the way out the door either.

By all accounts I've heard Donte was loved. His choice to leave early wasn't easy for him, he loved Cuse, and the feelings were reciprocated by the fans. His reason for going to cash NBA checks wasn't self serving in the least IIRC, and he didn't destroy our APR on the way out the door either.
I like Donte and I love that he still visits campus and follows SU. But I remember many SU fans badmouthing him during his one season here, but I think most of that had to do with shot selection and leaving after one year, more than disliking the kid. He is a good dude and it was hard to disagree with him leaving based on need.

Donte was a good kid. Just got bad advice from people looking for a check in his camp. Wasn't really a big fan of his game but no denying that his return the following year would've made us a stronger team. Still to this date, I believe if not mistaken that he's the only SU player to leave early without the staff blessings.

I'm also a Donte fan, kid had a great personality and enjoyed the hell out of his time at SU. Remember he played the drums at a football game or girls bball game. It's not Donte's fault that Andy and Eric git hurt and he bacame the only guy who could stretch the floor. I mean JB even let kOng hoist a few if left wide open out there that season. Donte got chewed up by some fans for shooting to many 3's which I still don't understand because the coaches were telling him to shoot. Kid was a freshman on a team full of freshman and was the only guy who could shoot. I'd have to look it up but I bet he put up 17 and 8 or something. We win it all if he came back though, exactly the peice we were missing on that team. He had his reasons fro leaving and I wish him well.

Donte was a good kid. Just got bad advice from people looking for a check in his camp. Wasn't really a big fan of his game but no denying that his return the following year would've made us a stronger team. Still to this date, I believe if not mistaken that he's the only SU player to leave early without the staff blessings.

Am I correct about him not hurting our APR?

Appreciate all your hoops knowledge and willingness to share BTW. Don't say it enough but really appreciate all that you do.

Don't really understand how Lawrence can miss almost the entire season, meanwhile Roberson puts up big numbers and wins games but Lawrence is 13 spots ahead. Hving said that i think late 30's is where Grant was and if late 30's for Roberson means were getting another grant i have no problem with that at all.

The class is loaded at the top so Ennis at 22 sounds about right. Most years he'd be a lock for around 15 give or take I think but with all the reclassification and such it pushed him back. I'm pretty sure during the Jordan game Biancardi said he thought Ennis was the third best pg in the class and this has him as fourth behind Black Jesus. It's funny because last year the best pg was Paige from UNC and Ennis would abuse him if they went head to head as seniors in high school. If Ennis was in last years class he's probably even higher than 15.

I have a tough time believing there are 135 players in the country better than BJ. Not sure why he's that low. Maybe they look at numbers to have a big part in dictating rankings once it gets past a certain point and as the OG has said rarely would BJ play heavy minutes because they'd always run teams out of the gym. It's too bad BJ didn't get the recognition rankings wise that he deserved but it sounds like he and his dad feed off that and it will just give more fuel to the fire this off season. Whatever tho looks like BJ will probably join the long list of guys coming to campus without a lofty ranking that prove to be steals and great contributors to the program.
There is only one black Jesus: Earl Monroe

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom