2013 Rankings | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2013 Rankings

Am I correct about him not hurting our APR?

Appreciate all your hoops knowledge and willingness to share BTW. Don't say it enough but really appreciate all that you do.
Thanks for the kind words. Not 100% sure on Greene and the APR. I always thought he finished out because I never heard his name mentioned when we had those issues a few years ago.

Since he's rated roughly where they were, I'd happily accept a Fair/Joseph/Triche/James type career for BJ and Buss. Four year kids that didn't play a whole lot to start (except Triche) and got better as their careers progressed. Each will end up earning a nice paycheck playing pro ball for a number of years.

Also kind of odd that the two highest rated guys on their (Fab, Greene) were probably the least impactful and least liked. I guess with expectations comes all the negativity when things don't go right. And rankings aren't all they're supposed to be...

To me, that is how you win championships, or have top 10 teams. You have several guys you bring in that are 3-4 year players, like CJ, Kris Jo, Brandon, Scoop, etc (the 50-100 ranked guys??), throw in one or two guys that bust their butts because they have to (Baye, Kristof, etc) and mix it with one or two elite level guys (Melo, Wes (elite college for sure) Dion, etc).

I think the foundation is built for that now, esp 14/15.

I know exactly what you mean, my friend.
Baby girl, time for you to shine.
Jennifer+Love+Hewitt+01.jpg

Good god how can one look away

Donte was a good kid. Just got bad advice from people looking for a check in his camp. Wasn't really a big fan of his game but no denying that his return the following year would've made us a stronger team. Still to this date, I believe if not mistaken that he's the only SU player to leave early without the staff blessings.

I disagree, Francis...I think he was a great kid :)

Seriously, he always had a smile on his face and to this day, still loves the Orange - despite some jerks being unpleasant to him.

He was forced to take on more than he was ready for his frosh year, people forget that. If he had the last 4-5 year's talent surrounding him (or stayed for soph) and was allowed to mature more organically, he would've been a huge favorite. However, people and the team in general relied too much on him, or I should say expected too much.

If he had stayed, the next year's team would've been top-notch. Imagine the improvement upon the below and interesting comparison to Gerry.

SeasonGP PPG FG%3FG% APGRPGBPG
2007-08 35 17.7 41.8 34.5 2.0 7.2 1.6

Also, for comparison's sake, Gerry:
2002-03 35 13.3 .401 .357 4.4 2.23 .1

Good god how can one look away
Why, why on that fateful day....

A little story: Lived in California for a year. In the beginning, stayed at my aunt and uncle's house. Btw, both girl cousins can flat out ball, got the tall gene from my uncle, not aunt. It's not in my side of the family's blood. Uncle was a beach volleyball player, freakin awesome dude, love him.

Anyway, they closed down their block in Brentwood, did a Party of Five shoot. Literally across from their house, yay!
Bumped into Neve Campbell and she seemed rather rude, but maybe in a young teen sort of way, not so much a terribly snotty Hollywood actress way. I had a crush, but kept it together, didn't say hi, etc out of respect. After all, she was working, and I somewhat knew the biz' protocol.

Either way, I honestly don't remember seeing JLH, but not sure if she had those samolians rocking that large back then anyway.
Still, why didn't I venture on to look for the kid?
Why?

I hate beat a dead horse since I always bring this up in any 07-08 discussion but that must have been JB's least expereiced team ever. Once Devo went down these were the guys we played.

Flynn freshman (all 4omin most of the time)
Scoop freshman
Paul sophmore (didn't start most his freshman season but had the most game experience of the group)
Donte freshman
AO sophmore (RS but very little in game experience)
Rick freshman
kOng JC junior
CatRescuer Freshman (didn't play any meaningfull minutes)

of the 7 that played 4 freshman, 2 sophmores and JC

A little story: Lived in California for a year. In the beginning, stayed at my aunt and uncle's house. Btw, both girl cousins can flat out ball, got the tall gene from my uncle, not aunt. It's not in my side of the family's blood. Uncle was a beach volleyball player, freakin awesome dude, love him.

Anyway, they closed down their block in Brentwood, did a Party of Five shoot. Literally across from their house, yay!
Bumped into Neve Campbell and she seemed rather rude, but maybe in a young teen sort of way, not so much a terribly snotty Hollywood actress way. I had a crush, but kept it together, didn't say hi, etc out of respect. After all, she was working, and I somewhat knew the biz' protocol.

Either way, I honestly don't remember seeing JLH, but not sure if she had those samolians rocking that large back then anyway.
Why?
You do realize that you would be the GOD of this board if you were even able to talk or flirt with her? Anything else would likely put half the board in the hospital.

tee its the curse of life man, you aren't allowed to know what you should do until your to old to do it.

edit: Oh and all the cool hot chicks that you could never get don't express any interest in you until you are happily married.

You do realize that you would be the GOD of this board if you were even able to talk or flirt with her? Anything else would likely put half the board in the hospital.
Exactly man.
Ah, if I could take back that day.

Pretty sure this is how it would have went down, if I thought it out.
Great success.
Btw, cusetown, this resolution's for you! Extra blurry, I love when they video record straight from their couch.

Exactly man.

Great success.

Except you wouldn't get TB.

Seriously, I would have been an uber stud in college if I only knew what I know now.
Damn!

college? if you could wait that long your a better man than me . . . .I mean my mom had this one friend that always thought I was cute and . . .

Now you guys are really going to hate me. I remember she was walking with another girl, brown hair, maybe similar height. I thought they were both really cute irl, but I can't positively say it was JLH. Was there another girl of similar height on that show?
Fudge. I might have to bring in the LA posse on this one to help me remember, but I'd be asking girls that were also pretty young to recollect which hotties were there that day. Btw, could have been Neve's assistant, friend, etc.
F my life.

Why?
LMAOOOOOOO!!!!!
Russy2.png
I love you Tee. I think I'm gonna call them that now lol.

college? if you could wait that long your a better man than me . . . .I mean my mom had this one friend that always thought I was cute and . . .
Tell me you pulled a Graduate? A buddy of mine did in high school = he got laid much in college, tee, not so much.
Hot damn!

tee its the curse of life man, you aren't allowed to know what you should do until your to old to do it.

edit: Oh and all the cool hot chicks that you could never get don't express any interest in you until you are happily married.
This. Spot on.

Tell me you pulled a Graduate? A buddy of mine did in high school = he got laid much in college, tee, not so much.
Hot damn!

Sadly no but now that I'm older and wiser I know I could have. I did alright but man did I miss a million opertunities looking back.

Samolians! Board favorites but should only relate to JLH's fine pair.

Exactly man.

Great success.
Btw, cusetown, this resolution's for you! Extra blurry, I love when they video record straight from their couch.
Lol! Let me guess you carry around a Polaroid also.

Did you?

Sadly no but now that I'm older and wiser I know I could have. I did alright but man did I miss a million opertunities looking back.
Yeah, me too. Opportunities that stared me in the face, yet I was too chicken, foolish, etc.
You don't understand how slick you would be by now if you pulled it off (sorry to say it).
My buddy went through with it, his mom's colleague.

Kid runs a mortgage underwriting firm, last time I checked, with bonuses 400K plus, and worked on the national economic counsel with Obama!
I asked him, "when you're in the white house, do you see Obama?".
He says, "sure, almost every day".

Anyway, he was slick to being with, so not 100% sure on my theory.

Still, I take the wifey and the boy any day over the pay.
Word.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom