2016-17 Coaching Carousel | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2016-17 Coaching Carousel

The fact that Briles is lobbying for a hc job so soon cements my opinion of him as pure sleaze...

The fact that Briles is lobbying for a hc job so soon cements my opinion of him as pure sleaze...

And Houston's Athletic Director was totally for it. That press release was serious CYA stuff. How tone def can people be?

I am both pleased and surprised that someone in University Houston administration or their Board of Trustees actually came to the rationalization that hiring someone who turned a blind to sexual assault is not acceptable for a publicly funded university (any school for that matter) - even if he can win some games.

Someone will rationalize it, take the heat and hire him. He's too brilliant to remain unemployed for much longer.

You're right. Won't be long before some football factory that's had a few down years will do it. "Look at Penn State" they'll say. :vomit:

Our old buddy Dana Holgerson got a new 5. Year deal
upload_2016-12-3_16-57-10.jpeg

To step away from the college coaching moves for a minutes. Story out this morning that Jacksonville is going to reach out to Tom Coughlin once they fire Gus Bradley soon. People from Coughlin's camp are saying he is very interested in that job. CBS has the report this morning that the two sides are interested in making that happen

Be interesting to see how he does there. It's a Big Ten job but not sure it's a very good one. From what I have read, they are badly behind the rest of the Big 10 schools in facilities. They are just now installing lights for their stadium to have night games.

Be interesting to see how he does there. It's a Big Ten job but not sure it's a very good one. From what I have read, they are badly behind the rest of the Big 10 schools in facilities. They are just now installing lights for their stadium to have night games.

far too much recruiting competition in Indiana and at school where it's going to be hard to attract the type of athletes he needs to run his system and compete there. Hope he does well though, I like Brohm.

far too much recruiting competition in Indiana and at school where it's going to be hard to attract the type of athletes he needs to run his system and compete there. Hope he does well though, I like Brohm.
Lets hope he doesn't come back after a particular RB recruit, now that he has a power 5 job.

Wow. DC at LSU.

LSU: Dave Aranda’s new deal will pay him between $1.8 and $1.9 million annually, the richest deal for an assistant coach in college football, according to Bruce Feldman of Fox Sports.

Last edited:

Willie Taggart and Greg Schiano have interviewed and now the Oregon Ducks search for its next football coach advances to the "search firm" stage. UO athletic director Rob Mullens has plans to conduct multiple interviews Monday in New York, The Oregonian/OregonLive has learned.

Today's New York-based interviews were scheduled by Parker Executive Search and include sitting head coaches and "wildcards," per a source.

I'm just posting what I see out there.

Wow. DC at LSU.

LSU: Dave Aranda’s new deal will pay him between $1.8 and $1.9 million annually, the richest deal for an assistant coach in college football, according to Bruce Feldman of Fox Sports.

By the end of it, I doubt Ed O is making that much more than his coordinators

Willie Taggart and Greg Schiano have interviewed and now the Oregon Ducks search for its next football coach advances to the "search firm" stage. UO athletic director Rob Mullens has plans to conduct multiple interviews Monday in New York, The Oregonian/OregonLive has learned.

Today's New York-based interviews were scheduled by Parker Executive Search and include sitting head coaches and "wildcards," per a source.

I'm just posting what I see out there.

If DFB shows up at MSG tonight someone should ask him why he's in NYC and not out recruiting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom