2016 Yankees | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

That's because he's on the Dead Sux, the team of the true aesthetes of American League baseball. The only other way he gets a pass is to be on the Cubs, the team of the true aesthetes of National League baseball. I've been to Dead Sux games at Oriole Park and Cubs games at Nationals Park, and their fans act, look, and dress alike, all the while worshiping the triumph of style over substance.
Sammy Sosa says hello

That's because he's on the Dead Sux, the team of the true aesthetes of American League baseball. The only other way he gets a pass is to be on the Cubs, the team of the true aesthetes of National League baseball. I've been to Dead Sux games at Oriole Park and Cubs games at Nationals Park, and their fans act, look, and dress alike, all the while worshiping the triumph of style over substance.
So, you don't like them.;)

Alex Rodriguez, NEVER FAILED A DRUG TEST.

He certainly took steroids, but let's not overlook the witch hunt.

I hope he stays with Yankees forever,guy knows baseball.

But his value will be invaluable elsewhere, where he is likely an owner.

Alex Rodriguez, NEVER FAILED A DRUG TEST.

He certainly took steroids, but let's not overlook the witch hunt.
The players association should have fought harder for him, even if they don't like him. The A-Rod suspension was as irresponsible as the Tom Brady suspension.

how fenway treats Arod this week will go a long way towards helping me to decide whether to stand and clap for papi during his last steroid induced at bat this September at the Stadium or not.

how fenway treats Arod this week will go a long way towards helping me to decide whether to stand and clap for papi during his last steroid induced at bat this September at the Stadium or not.

How is that even an issue? I will always boo big sloppa loudly. F Torre and Girardi for throwing at his fat ass.

How is that even an issue? I will always boo big sloppa loudly. F Torre and Girardi for throwing at his fat ass.
trying to pretend I have class.

no worries though, the redsux said they will ignore Arod this week.

I will treat their steroid user the same.

trying to pretend I have class.

no worries though, the redsux said they will ignore Arod this week.

I will treat their steroid user the same.
I hope Girardi plays him all 3 games and he goes bombs away every time he comes up to bat. He should be able to get a couple of cheapies over the Monster, maybe even the 4 he needs to generate his bonus payment.

I hope Girardi plays him all 3 games and he goes bombs away every time he comes up to bat. He should be able to get a couple of cheapies over the Monster, maybe even the 4 he needs to generate his bonus payment.
He's not in the lineup tonight.

He's not in the lineup tonight.
Ahhhh . . . where's the humanity. Even the Babe had 3 homeruns his last game before he hung them up. At least that's what I remember from that William Bendix movie.

ARod only gets paid for 714.

Not 700.

• $30M marketing agreement based on home run milestones, paying $6M each for reaching 660, 714, 755 and tying (762) and breaking (763) major league HR record

Ahhhh . . . where's the humanity. Even the Babe had 3 homeruns his last game before he hung them up. At least that's what I remember from that William Bendix movie.
I don't think it was his last game, but he did hit three in a game for the Boston Braves against the Pirates, including one that cleared the roof at Forbes Field.

And Bendix playing the Babe was one sorry sight.

I would say the Yankee organization and MLB went out of their way to besmirch A-Rod.

To be clear, I don't think the past should be erased.

Not sure about the Yankees, but MLB went out of their way to besmirch A-Rod at the end of Bud Selig's era. Selig was trying to protect his legacy by ensuring the players, and particularly A-Rod were to blame. By coming down on hard A-Rod he wanted to make sure his image was one of being tough on steroids. Nice try Bud.

Let's be clear - the biggest person to blame for the steroid era was Bud Selig. Nut only celebrating the chase, but does anybody remembervthe original Steroid Penalties. The first fail of the program resulted in the player having to go to counselling. The second steroid fail resulted in the player going to the DL for an undisclosed injury. These penalties ENCOURAGED steroid use.

Bud oversaw the entire steroid era and did nothing significant about it until the feds threatened to come down on MLB.

Not sure about the Yankees, but MLB went out of their way to besmirch A-Rod at the end of Bud Selig's era. Selig was trying to protect his legacy by ensuring the players, and particularly A-Rod were to blame. By coming down on hard A-Rod he wanted to make sure his image was one of being tough on steroids. Nice try Bud.

Let's be clear - the biggest person to blame for the steroid era was Bud Selig. Nut only celebrating the chase, but does anybody remembervthe original Steroid Penalties. The first fail of the program resulted in the player having to go to counselling. The second steroid fail resulted in the player going to the DL for an undisclosed injury. These penalties ENCOURAGED steroid use.

Bud oversaw the entire steroid era and did nothing significant about it until the feds threatened to come down on MLB.
You have to admit, there was a lot of excitement around baseball during the steroid era. I believe it ultimately tarnished the game, but it brought many more eyes to a dying game. We all knew these guys were juicing, but watching McGuire, Sosa and Bonds was crazy. Barry Bonds was incredible without taking roids, once he started, he was a freaking monster and you had to watch every at bat.

Let's be clear - the biggest person to blame for the steroid era was Bud Selig.
The commissioner and the players association share blame. If the players wanted a level playing field, they should have demanded it.

I would say the Yankee organization and MLB went out of their way to besmirch A-Rod.

To be clear, I don't think the past should be erased.

Yeah, I HATED ARod most of his career until this steroid nonsense. ARod has publicly failed as many tests as Ortiz, who could do steroids while rounding the bases and everyone would just giggle. I mean, that dude, nobody in history has stacked their career HR numbers at the end of a career like he did. Sosa and he have the same career trajectory...and giant increase in size in their mid-20s.

There is zero doubt in my mind the Yankees went full-tilt after him to get that contract voided - and ARod probably only saved himself in the end because he knew everyone else who did steroids. "Hey, do you want me to go public on Jeter? Then back off." That's my guess.

Never has anyone tried harder to be liked, and it utterly hated for it. All because the Yankees are morons who overpaid him. the Yankees on this one, and Girardi continuing the nonsense by not playing him yesterday or today. :(

You have to admit, there was a lot of excitement around baseball during the steroid era. I believe it ultimately tarnished the game, but it brought many more eyes to a dying game. We all knew these guys were juicing, but watching McGuire, Sosa and Bonds was crazy. Barry Bonds was incredible without taking roids, once he started, he was a freaking monster and you had to watch every at bat.

Bonds was the closest thing MLB had to a wrestling bad guy (heel). I wish he went full heel during the 1998 season after he became the first player to hit 400 HR and steal 400 bases. I think we can all agree he didn't hit the juice until after this season. He could have said "this is an historic accomplishment, but nobody cares because of the juiced up sluggers going for the single season HR record." He was already hated so he had nothing to lose in that regard. Instead of keeping up with the juicers he could have stayed clean and been the hero at the end.

Bonds Homers To Form New 400-400 Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom