2016 Yankees | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

Never has anyone tried harder to be liked, and it utterly hated for it. All because the Yankees are morons who overpaid him. the Yankees on this one, and Girardi continuing the nonsense by not playing him yesterday or today. :(

images

It has only been two weeks so it is not a fair sample size, but I do want to point out that the current big three in bullpen (Warren, Clippard, Betances) have not performed significantly worse than the Betances-Miller-Chapman bullpen. There's no doubt that Miller and Chapman are better pitchers than Clippard and Warren. I have embraced the idea that having a strong bullpen is important, but I don't think that the bullpen necessarily needs to be made-up of elite pitchers. As a general manager, the bullpen would still be the last thing I worry about because it is the easiest part of the team to piece together. I am so glad Cashman recognized this and pulled the trigger on the Miller trade.

im guessing refsnyder is back tomorrow.

edit add:

was just checking the Scranton box to see if he played last night, he didn't. today theyre in Rochester, but I wonder if he even left NYC.

which brings me to...can he be in the Stadium tonight?? is there a rule which says he cant??

im thinking he cant be in the dugout, but maybe work out with the team prior and then must go to a seat. or maybe they don't even allow that??

thoughts?

also, FWIW, saw that Chris Parmalee is back. played the last 5 games, is 4-14 with a HR.

maybe hes the callup??

Last edited:

edit add:

was just checking the Scranton box to see if he played last night, he didn't. today theyre in Rochester, but I wonder if he even left NYC.

which brings me to...can he be in the Stadium tonight?? is there a rule which says he cant??

im thinking he cant be in the dugout, but maybe work out with the team prior and then must go to a seat. or maybe they don't even allow that??

thoughts?

also, FWIW, saw that Chris Parmalee is back. played the last 5 games, is 4-14 with a HR.

maybe hes the callup??
Judge ?

edit add:

thoughts?

maybe hes the callup??
It's got to be Judge. Well not got to be, but in the non-Yankee world it would be.

It's got to be Judge. Well not got to be, but in the non-Yankee world it would be.
Interestingly chance of rain tonight in NYC. If the game got rained out , is AROD done or do they let him play Saturday?

Interestingly chance of rain tonight in NYC. If the game got rained out , is AROD done or do they let him play Saturday?
Have to give him that final farewell. He seemed choked up about it last night when he was being interviewed by Meredith.

edit add:

thoughts?

maybe hes the callup??

Ref can't come back up for 10 days, unless he's an injury replacement (that's why Sevy is back so soon).

Now if ARod pulls a hammy after his 1st AB... :rolleyes:

A player who is optioned to the minors generally must remain on Optional Assignment for at least ten days. (A player optioned to the minors during Spring Training generally must remain on Optional Assignment for the first ten days of the MLB regular season). The only exceptions are if the player is recalled as the "26th man" for a day where a doubleheader was scheduled at least 48 hours in advance (or for the second game of the doubleheader only if the doubleheader was scheduled less than 48 hours in advance), or is recalled to replace a player on the 25-man roster who is placed on an MLB inactive list (Disabled List, Bereavement List, Paternity List, Restricted List, et al), or if the season (including post-season playoffs) of the minor league team to which the player is assigned is over, or if the player is traded.

thanks for the info.

i doubt Judge will be here, think they wait till Scranton ends.

not sure they want to add him to the 40 man.

$$ on Parmalee

maybe Gamel if they plan to use the catchers at 1st.

we could be looking at a lineup with McCann at 1st, Romine C and Sanchez the DH or any combo there-of.

Ref can't come back up for 10 days, unless he's an injury replacement (that's why Sevy is back so soon).

Now if ARod pulls a hammy after his 1st AB... :rolleyes:

A player who is optioned to the minors generally must remain on Optional Assignment for at least ten days. (A player optioned to the minors during Spring Training generally must remain on Optional Assignment for the first ten days of the MLB regular season). The only exceptions are if the player is recalled as the "26th man" for a day where a doubleheader was scheduled at least 48 hours in advance (or for the second game of the doubleheader only if the doubleheader was scheduled less than 48 hours in advance), or is recalled to replace a player on the 25-man roster who is placed on an MLB inactive list (Disabled List, Bereavement List, Paternity List, Restricted List, et al), or if the season (including post-season playoffs) of the minor league team to which the player is assigned is over, or if the player is traded.
Wait, what is the Paternity List?

The real joke in all of this is that the Yankees are still sniffing around the 2nd Wild Card.

Imagine if they didn't sleepwalk through that Tampa series.

A lot of important Yankees for the youngsters to be around this weekend. I'd call Judge up just to soak in in. Honoring the '96 team and Mariano.

That's why Hal is praying the rain holds off. Doesn't want to mix the ARod final with those pre-planned events.

Imagine if they didn't sleepwalk through that Tampa series.

A lot of important Yankees for the youngsters to be around this weekend. I'd call Judge up just to soak in in. Honoring the '96 team and Mariano.

That's why Hal is praying the rain holds off. Doesn't want to mix the ARod final with those pre-planned events.
Yeah, that was a killer. I think the trade rumors that were swirling around the team that weekend really took their toll.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom