2016 Yankees | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

Castro is pretty damn good for a stop gag. I hope they don't give the money Harper is asking for, and invest some of that money in starting pitching. If the young guys pan out, that starting line up is awfully impressive even w/o Harper. Would also like to see them re sign Chapman.
Castro is a very nice player -- just 26 years old and closing in on 1200 hits; to me, he's a keeper.

I agree with you on Harper, too. If the young power guys are what they seem to be, throwing big dollars at him probably isn't the greatest idea.

Chapman will command huge dollars in the off-season and I hope they don't get involved. Based on their track record of developing and/or acquiring solid short men, I think the Yankees can piece together a nice bullpen around Betances.

Castro is a very nice player -- just 26 years old and closing in on 1200 hits; to me, he's a keeper.

I agree with you on Harper, too. If the young power guys are what they seem to be, throwing big dollars at him probably isn't the greatest idea.

Chapman will command huge dollars in the off-season and I hope they don't get involved. Based on their track record of developing and/or acquiring solid short men, I think the Yankees can piece together a nice bullpen around Betances.
they wont go after chapman, not with all the SP problems.

I think that this stretch run will be Betances 'closer coming out party'...granted if he fails miserably, then they will need a closer, but I think its his job.

hell, Id even be willing to be the 7th & 8th are Warrens and Clippards next year too.

they wont go after chapman, not with all the SP problems.

I think that this stretch run will be Betances 'closer coming out party'...granted if he fails miserably, then they will need a closer, but I think its his job.

hell, Id even be willing to be the 7th & 8th are Warrens and Clippards next year too.
I could see that. But, I see that as their final audition, as I think the team is gearing up for a major run in 2018, and if Warren and Clippard can't solidify those positions, Cashman will start making moves by the trading deadline next year and in the following offseason.

all true.

that Sanchez shot, and actually all of his to a degree, have not been cheapies.

same with Judge.

those 2 at the 4-5 for 10 years could be really fun.

if next Septembers pennant push looks like

Gardner
Castro
Didi
Judge
Sanchez
DH TBD
Headley
Bird
Frazier

ill pray we have the arms because that looks good.
Bird's pretty nasty as an 8th hitter. I like rolling the dice with young bats like that.

Need some pitching.

I definitely want to see what he can do, but I am not sold yet. He is still near the bottom of the AL in all offensive categories for second basemen.

I definitely want to see what he can do, but I am not sold yet. He is still near the bottom of the AL in all offensive categories for second basemen.
It would be nice to see him walk more, but the guy can hit and he won't hurt you in the field. He'll never be Robby Cano, but once he settles into a stable lineup surrounded by productive hitters, I could see him him producing like he did in his early years with the Cubs. He's on a reasonable contract too, with a club option in 2020.

Last edited:
Bird's pretty nasty as an 8th hitter. I like rolling the dice with young bats like that.

Need some pitching.
scary.

Tanaka: arm injury waiting to happen
Pineda: demons in his head
CC: old man, what will he have?

and that's it. oomph.

waiting is just:

Green: can he really be counted on?
Cessa: please
Severino: AAAA pitcher??

people...vets/prospects...are getting traded this winter.

scary.

Tanaka: arm injury waiting to happen
Pineda: demons in his head
CC: old man, what will he have?

and that's it. oomph.

waiting is just:

Green: can he really be counted on?
Cessa: please
Severino: AAAA pitcher??

people...vets/prospects...are getting traded this winter.
I love Tanaka though.

Screw it, let's bring back Pettitte. He can teach the kids.

Every time I think this team is about to drop out entirely, they surprise me with some good baseball. What a tremendous job Girardi is doing piecing this thing together through injuries and tremendous roster turnover.

I know is early but Cessa really looked good last night. Green going today. Imagine the possibility of getting two starting pitchers for Justin Wilson. What a steal and by the way Chapman has two blown saves with the Cubs.

Every time I think this team is about to drop out entirely, they surprise me with some good baseball. What a tremendous job Girardi is doing piecing this thing together through injuries and tremendous roster turnover.

It's so much more enjoyable to watch. I'm even trying to stay up for west coast games (as much as I can).

Order of preference.

1. Great players in their prime.
2. Legit young prospects on their way up.
3. Former stars past their prime struggling to hit .200

I love listening to Sterling.
My latest peeve with John and Suzyn is their selective perception when it comes to infield shifts. They go crazy when an infield-shift results in a hit, but they completely ignore all of the times that shifts prevent hits.

My latest peeve with John and Suzyn is their selective perception when it comes to infield shifts. They go crazy when an infield-shift results in a hit, but they completely ignore all of the times that shifts prevent hits.
Just because they have watched countless games, doesn't make them experts. And that is clear. John goes off on the same crap every game. No real incite at all. They really should have a former player doing commentary during games. All they do well is get all their promos in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom