2016 Yankees | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

Severino was awful today. I hope they dropped him off at the Port Authority and made him take the bus to Scranton.

dude seems to be getting worse since he first started last year.

Severino was awful today. I hope they dropped him off at the Port Authority and made him take the bus to Scranton.
he catch his bus by taking the 4 and transfer to the 7, like the rest of the unwashed.

Yankees PR Dept. ‏@YankeesPR
Roster Move: Following today's game, RHP Luis Severino was optioned to @swbrailriders

Chad Green will start against Toronto tomorrow.

Cessa to start in Sevy's spot next week.
We'll see him in September. Use him out of the pen, where he was effective earlier this year, and worry about getting him back on track as a starter next spring.

well that escalated quickly and with no rest, should have todays lineup in about an hour.

wow.

thought we had that.
Wow, that was ugly. Already had it in the win column in my mind.

The Sanchez 3-run shot was Mantle-esque though.

Wow, that was ugly. Already had it in the win column in my mind.

The Sanchez 3-run shot was Mantle-esque though.
all true.

that Sanchez shot, and actually all of his to a degree, have not been cheapies.

same with Judge.

those 2 at the 4-5 for 10 years could be really fun.

if next Septembers pennant push looks like

Gardner
Castro
Didi
Judge
Sanchez
DH TBD
Headley
Bird
Frazier

ill pray we have the arms because that looks good.

all true.

that Sanchez shot, and actually all of his to a degree, have not been cheapies.

same with Judge.

those 2 at the 4-5 for 10 years could be really fun.

if next Septembers pennant push looks like

Gardner
Castro
Didi
Judge
Sanchez
DH TBD
Headley
Bird
Frazier

ill pray we have the arms because that looks good.
So the following year Gardner is replaced by Bryce Harper and Headley is gone? SS seems to be a strong position in the minor leagues, infield in general. Does someone get converted to 3rd base?

So the following year Gardner is replaced by Bryce Harper and Headley is gone? SS seems to be a strong position in the minor leagues, infield in general. Does someone get converted to 3rd base?
Castro is a stop gap too.

that's my long term outlook.

2 SS's are getting converted, 1 to 2nd & 1 to 3rd.

Sounds reasonable, plus they have a 3rd baseman already developing in the minors in Andujar. Do you convert Torres? Or do you package him and get a good LHP? Obviously something has to give on the SS front, but it is good to have assets to deal with finally.

Yesterday was the first game where not having Miller really hurt. Warren was god awful and Shreve was somehow worse. Yankees really need an upper level left reliever for next season with Miller and Chapman gone they don't have even a mediocre one at this point.

Gardner
Headley
Castro
Sanchez DH
Judge
Gregorius
Austin
Romine
Hicks CF

CC

Castro is pretty damn good for a stop gag. I hope they don't give the money Harper is asking for, and invest some of that money in starting pitching. If the young guys pan out, that starting line up is awfully impressive even w/o Harper. Would also like to see them re sign Chapman.

Yesterday was the first game where not having Miller really hurt. Warren was god awful and Shreve was somehow worse. Yankees really need an upper level left reliever for next season with Miller and Chapman gone they don't have even a mediocre one at this point.

It could have been just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic as far as yesterday went, but I'd rather see Clippard get the 8th instead of Warren. Clippard has been in a closer role before, there's a mental aspect.

I also don't think there has to be a robot 7/8/9 setup. I get why it went down that path this year because of the 3 man knockout punch, but that's not there anymore, so just mix and match as need be.

Of course, it would help if there were any good lefties in the bullpen.

It could have been just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic as far as yesterday went, but I'd rather see Clippard get the 8th instead of Warren. Clippard has been in a closer role before, there's a mental aspect.

I also don't think there has to be a robot 7/8/9 setup. I get why it went down that path this year because of the 3 man knockout punch, but that's not there anymore, so just mix and match as need be.

Of course, it would help if there were any good lefties in the bullpen.
absolutely.

I was thinking that while watching the debacle, I even pulled up his stats.

the saves were lower than I had thought 54, but the years were there 10.

and Warren, while not a babe in the woods, was still starting 17 games for the Yanks last year, his 4th.

We Play Today, We Win Today...Dats it.

absolutely.

I was thinking that while watching the debacle, I even pulled up his stats.

the saves were lower than I had thought 54, but the years were there 10.

and Warren, while not a babe in the woods, was still starting 17 games for the Yanks last year, his 4th.

We Play Today, We Win Today...Dats it.

When I pulled up Clippard's stats, I saw the one year he was 1 for 10 in save opportunities. Even though it happened near my house, I don't know what happened that year, nor do I want to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom