2016 Yankees | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

I thought there was a new rule intended to speed up the game that allowed a team to skip the pitches and put the guy at 1st. Is that in effect yet?

I thought there was a new rule intended to speed up the game that allowed a team to skip the pitches and put the guy at 1st. Is that in effect yet?

Apparently not. :)

Apparently not. :)
theres no rule.

the Sanchino...works.

I don't like it when you guys step all over the awesomeness that is a John & Suzyn broadcast.

Do you mean "awesomeness" like, they are so bad they are good?

They are the "Roadhouse" of MLB radio announcers

images

theres no rule.

the Sanchino...works.

I don't like it when you guys step all over the awesomeness that is a John & Suzyn broadcast.

Yeah, looks like it goes into effect in 2017.

Horrible rule. There are hundreds of better ways to speed up the game.

I don't know about "hundreds" but I'm sure there are at least a few. Most would involve time between innings (which would cut into TV ad revenues) or time between pitches. When Mike Hargrove was still playing, he was known as The Human Rain Delay, because he would step out of the box and take 45 seconds with his "tug and tighten" routine, even if he hadn't swung. He made Nomar Garciaparra look like The Flash, LOL! And who was that ridiculous Japanese pitcher the Yankees had a few years ago? He used to go for a walk around the mound between pitches, then begin his protracted little dance on the mound before each pitch. By the time he was done, even the Yankee fans hated him. :cool:

Last edited:
The umpire doesn't have to give timeout to the batter. All he has to do is give that "It's OK to pitch" finger waggle to the pitcher and call the resulting pitch a strike (wherever it goes) and the batters will learn to stay in the box. And when the manager comes out to scream about what happened, he's gone for arguing over balls and strikes.

I don't know about "hundreds" but I'm sure there are at least a few. Most would involve time between innings (which would cut into TV ad revenues) or time between pitches. When Mike Hargrove was still playing, he was known as The Human Rain Delay, because he would step out of the box and take 45 seconds with his "tug and tighten" routine, even if he hadn't swung. He made Nomar Garciaparra look like The Flash, LOL! And who was that ridiculous Japanese pitcher the Yankees had a few years ago? He used to go for a walk around the mound between pitches, then begin his protracted little dance on the mound before each pitch. By the time he was done, even the Yankee fans hated him. :cool:
the Yankees have had 3 Japanese pitchers.

2 have been greatly hated.

1. Hideki Irabu
2. Kei Igawa

Tanaka has been a mild success, but we are all waiting for Tommy John...

1. Hideki Irabu
2. Kei Igawa

Wasn't Kuroda Japanese?

1. Hideki Irabu
2. Kei Igawa

I'd hate think where they'd be without the "mild success" of Tanaka.

At any rate, time to right the ship before heading to Boston.

1. Hideki Irabu
2. Kei Igawa

It was Igawa, thanks. What a monstrous rectal persecution that guy was. And I just discovered, sadly, Irabu committed suicide in 2011 at the age of 42.

Wasn't Kuroda Japanese?
Almost typed...I think I'm forgetting g someone, but didn't.

He wasn't a 'purchase' so different catagory, but yes, Japanese.

If tanaka is a bonifide ace, then I can't wait for Pettitte's 1st ballot HOF Induction Day.

If tanaka is a bonifide ace, then I can't wait for Pettitte's 1st ballot HOF Induction Day.
Tanaka is 38 - 16 with a 3.11 ERA. His advanced statistics are even more impressive. He might not be the best in the league, but he is pretty damn good.

Igawa was like a cold sore that wouldn't heal. I can't remember the millions it cost the Yankees for that guy but he got paid most of it pitching in Scranton

Sweeny Murti @YankeesWFAN
Mason Williams is being called up from AAA. Aaron Judge likely done for season with the oblique strain suffered last night.
sucks for Judge, was thinking it might be the case. October??

whats Hicks story? can he make it back??

I imagine its just Austin and Ref in right for the rest of the year with Mason spelling them and Gardy & DLs.

Hicksy went on the DL on the 1st. If his hammy cooperates, he could be back next week.

A minor oblique strain takes maybe 3 weeks. I wouldn't count on Judge until the ALCS.

Jack Curry ‏@JackCurryYES
2017 Yankees: 4/3 Opener at Tampa Bay. 4/10 Home opener vs TB. 8/14-5 Mets at Stadium. 8/16-7 Yankees at Citi. Yanks play NL Central teams.

More 2017 Yankees: 1st Red Sox visit to Stadium (June 6-7-8). 1st Yankee visit to Fenway (July 14-15-16). Yanks end season at home vs Jays.

Some more 2017 Yankees schedule: They play Cubs at Wrigley May 5, 6, 7. Cardinals visit Stadium April 14, 15, 16.

More 2017 Yankees: 4/14-6 Cards at NY. 4/21-23 Yanks at Pitt. 5/5-7 Yanks at Cubs. 5/8-9 Yanks at Cin. 7/7-9 Milw at NY. 7/25-26 Cin at NY.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom