2016 Yankees | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

sucks, but other than a Sanchez like hot-streak, it may be best for the team.

Girardi can really mix and match his way now.

worry about a 25 man for October when(if) it comes.
I loved having that power bat in the lineup, even if he was striking out half the time. The outfield cupboard is pretty bare. Hope Hicks can come back soon.

I loved having that power bat in the lineup, even if he was striking out half the time. The outfield cupboard is pretty bare. Hope Hicks can come back soon.
yeah, but the K's were too much of a liability.

for those of you into these types of things, he will still be eligible for ROY next year.

Sanchez qualified for 2016 on Monday.

Jack Curry ‏@JackCurryYES
2017 Yankees: 4/3 Opener at Tampa Bay. 4/10 Home opener vs TB. 8/14-5 Mets at Stadium. 8/16-7 Yankees at Citi. Yanks play NL Central teams.

More 2017 Yankees: 1st Red Sox visit to Stadium (June 6-7-8). 1st Yankee visit to Fenway (July 14-15-16). Yanks end season at home vs Jays.

Some more 2017 Yankees schedule: They play Cubs at Wrigley May 5, 6, 7. Cardinals visit Stadium April 14, 15, 16.

More 2017 Yankees: 4/14-6 Cards at NY. 4/21-23 Yanks at Pitt. 5/5-7 Yanks at Cubs. 5/8-9 Yanks at Cin. 7/7-9 Milw at NY. 7/25-26 Cin at NY.
Does that mean Sanchez, in the finest traditions of the Yankees v. Cubs, will call his shot, too?

Lol you have to make the playoffs to go to the world series.
Did you get Kaiser's permission to post in this thread?

That would work.

In all seriousness, I am impressed what some of your young guys have done, esp Sanchez, but I don't think its going to end in a playoff spot.

In all seriousness, I am impressed what some of your young guys have done, esp Sanchez, but I don't think its going to end in a playoff spot.
Seven games left with Boston, four with Toronto, and three each with Tampa and Baltimore. Probably need to go at least 11-6. A tough road, but not impossible.

Sanchez looks like a young Piazza, but with a better arm. Lots of other talent in the pipeline, with perhaps some to be flipped for a top end starter this winter.

Did you get Kaiser's permission to post in this thread?
we will let him in, but chances are he will end up with his tooth missing and a tysonesque face tattoo.

Seven games left with Boston, four with Toronto, and three each with Tampa and Baltimore. Probably need to go at least 11-6. A tough road, but not impossible.

Sanchez looks like a young Piazza, but with a better arm. Lots of other talent in the pipeline, with perhaps some to be flipped for a top end starter this winter.
couldve used not choking today, but whatever.

its still there...

couldve used not choking today, but whatever.

its still there...
That game pissed me off, but I still believe. Every time this team looks ready to go down, they bounce back.

Am I the only one concerned about Betances? Honestly, he's suddenly turned sh!thouse. Is there something wrong with his arm? Or is the problem a little north of there?

Am I the only one concerned about Betances? Honestly, he's suddenly turned sh!thouse. Is there something wrong with his arm? Or is the problem a little north of there?
I've seen every top closer, including Rivera, experience a rough stretch at one time or another. As Yankee fans, we've also been spoiled by what we've seen from our late inning guys over the years. Take a good look around baseball and you'll see a lot of teams struggling to close out games.

castro catches that, the inning is over. for even with that drunks double, betances goes to 1st instead of his 20" high shotput to Sanchez and its the 3rd out.

castro catches that, the inning is over. for even with that drunks double, betances goes to 1st instead of his 20" high shotput to Sanchez and its the 3rd out.

I get that, but it wasn't just last night. His 40 pitch no decision when he couldn't get his FB within a foot of the strike zone against the Jays wasn't a good sign, either. I'm not down on him, just saying he hasn't looked like he did April-August.

I get that, but it wasn't just last night. His 40 pitch no decision when he couldn't get his FB within a foot of the strike zone against the Jays wasn't a good sign, either. I'm not down on him, just saying he hasn't looked like he did April-August.
maybe, im sure the weight of closing in a playoff race is something that nobody really counted on, but hes done pretty good. id say after this audition, he gets the job for real next year.

that 40pitch night was the 3rd night in a row for him too. Girardi pushed him a little bit there IMO.

maybe, im sure the weight of closing in a playoff race is something that nobody really counted on, but hes done pretty good. id say after this audition, he gets the job for real next year.

that 40pitch night was the 3rd night in a row for him too. Girardi pushed him a little bit there IMO.

I'm sure there's quite a difference between pitching the 7th with Miller and Chapman behind you, and closing the ninth regularly with only September call-ups behind you. :) I knew that TO game was his 3rd night in a row, maybe JG just needed to find out where that line was.

I'm sure there's quite a difference between pitching the 7th with Miller and Chapman behind you, and closing the ninth regularly with only September call-ups behind you. :) I knew that TO game was his 3rd night in a row, maybe JG just needed to find out where the line was.
Girardi was managing like it was a game 7, which is his M.O. And as Kaiser said above, if Castro makes that play, everything is different. Still no guarantee they win, but Betances is likely out of the inning.

As far as Betances as a closer, I've seen enough of him in that role to know he's elite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom