2016 Yankees | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

Whipped cream on top of horsesheet. Losing like that blows.

I don't trust Kimbrel. People like to ridicule Papelbon but when he had his stuff he came right after you. He never walked guys, you had to beat him, which didn't happen very often. No nibbling like Kimbrel did against Sanchez.

Kimbrell was awful, he looked like the recent version of Betances, with less sweat. It gets painful to watch.

Kelly came right after them (he had little choice), but wasting one wouldn't have killed him. Eventually one of the strikes was right down Broadway and Teixeira didn't miss it.

Do the Sox put Koji back in the closer role for the playoffs? No time to worry about people's feelings.

Next season I will start a 2017 Red Sox thread for some of you boys.

Kimbrell was awful, he looked like the recent version of Betances, with less sweat. It gets painful to watch.

Kelly came right after them (he had little choice), but wasting one wouldn't have killed him. Eventually one of the strikes was right down Broadway and Teixeira didn't miss it.

Do the Sox put Koji back in the closer role for the playoffs? No time to worry about people's feelings.

Tough choice. I'd like to have heard what Farrell was telling Kimbrel b4 he yanked him. You just can't walk people when you're up 3-0. That's one thing that argues for Koji is that he has pinpoint control. I'm not sure but it will be a challenge for Farrell. Btw I don't trust Price either so Sox better have their hitting shoes on in the playoffs.

Hopefully it will be right around the time they're holding a ring ceremony.

If only he could have hit some hrs when the season mattered.
Shouldn't you be whining about your Mets and complaining about Terry Collins in the Mets thread as they overcome a million injuries and march toward the playoffs?

Meh i honestly don't care about the loss the division was the objective. Kimbrel gagged and has had blowups. I hope the Yankees can sneak in as they are less or a threat than the other teams.
The loss helps keep the Yankees within range of Baltimore. I don't want to play the wild card winner. The rangers are tanking and this loss helps keep them in front.
Texas is Losing to a crap Brewers team at home again. Need to play Cleveland as Salazar and Carcasco are out and Kluber is hurt. The Cleveland matchup is the objective. Losing may suck in the moment But for the playoffs it was fine and Kimbrel has been good the last month.

Home field advantage throughout the playoffs wouldn't have been a bad thing, particularly given Texas' record at home.

Shouldn't you be whining about your Mets and complaining about Terry Collins in the Mets thread as they overcome a million injuries and march toward the playoffs?

I am pretty satisfied with the Mets right now, just get in the playoffs, which looks likely, and see what happens.

I am pretty satisfied with the Mets right now, just get in the playoffs, which looks likely, and see what happens.
You should be satisfied, considering all that has happened. Just get in.

Hopefully it will be right around the time they're holding a ring ceremony.
I will be expecting a playoff share for starting that thread.

Seems to be about the time all the Sox fans come out of the woodwork.

I think you can make some very valid criticisms of red sox fans but being front runners is probably not one of them.

I think you can make some very valid criticisms of red sox fans but being front runners is probably not one of them.
theres a TON of newbies.

I cant knock their core, but theres a bunch out there who don't even know who Nomar is.

theres a TON of newbies.

I cant knock their core, but theres a bunch out there who don't even know who Nomar is.
I hate the "Sweet Caroline" portion of the fanbase but Fenway is still packed every game.

Steinbrenner sons have killed attendance at the new Yankee Stadium with stupid pricing. Also, I know plenty of Yankee fans who have forgotten Scott Brosius.

Both teams have a large bandwagon in their fanbase. The Red Sox have become Saturn to the Yankees's Jupiter.

I hate the "Sweet Caroline" portion of the fanbase but Fenway is still packed every game.

Steinbrenner sons have killed attendance at the new Yankee Stadium with stupid pricing. Also, I know plenty of Yankee fans who have forgotten Scott Brosius.

Both teams have a large bandwagon in their fanbase. The Red Sox have become Saturn to the Yankees's Jupiter.
next time you find a Yankee fan who has 'forgotten' Scott Brosius, go ahead and punch them for me. fake fan.

nobody worth, north of a penny, has.

Yankee attendance was hurt more by the product, normalcy and the core retiring.

sure, there is some pricing issues that need to be fixed, but id expect a nice bump next year with all the new kids taking over.

Mussina to me is borderline. Tough call. The rest of them, no. Too bad because Mattingly and Munson were HoF caliber players. I hated to see Munson come to the plate in any big spot. The guy was lethal.

Not sure which part you disagree with because those other players (Colavito et al) cited did not do enough to warrant inclusion.

I acknowledge Cano is certainly on track but he has more to do. You say he's done enough already and I say no way. If he kind of steadily fizzled out from here such that he had 2,700 hits and 320 HRs then he's less than 50/50 to get in.

I struggle with Mussina. Part of me thinks if he spent his prime on the Braves he may have finished with 800 wins. :)

theres a TON of newbies.

The Yankees have plenty of front runners too, the other day I was talking to this guy at the gym with yankees gear on, and he thought Jeter was still on the team.

Go celebrate in the clubhouse, not on the field thankfully. Nice send off Tex.
He really should just not bat again. How much better could you end your career?

I struggle with Mussina. Part of me thinks if he spent his prime on the Braves he may have finished with 800 wins. :)
I don't think Mussina is a HOF but if he got in it wouldn't bother me. I saw him pitch live multiple times and never thought I was watching greatness.

He had an outstanding career but I just think the HOF should be the elite of the elite. I would rather somebody like Mattingly get in over Mussina. He was dominant for a decade clearly the best at his position. Mussina was an ace. He finished top 6 in the Cy Young voting 8 times but never was the ace of aces.

He really should just not bat again. How much better could you end your career?

And keeps his average safely above .200. (he's at .205).

Three 0 for 4s and he dips below.

I doubt he plays again. Tragic # (love that term by the way) is 1.

The Yankees have plenty of front runners too, the other day I was talking to this guy at the gym with yankees gear on, and he thought Jeter was still on the team.

Until you find one more example, I'm calling this an extreme outlier.

This also validates my personal policy of not talking to guys in the gym.

Superb! This way those who worship style over substance will out themselves by posting there.

And keeps his average safely above .200. (he's at .205).

Three 0 for 4s and he dips below.

I doubt he plays again. Tragic # (love that term by the way) is 1.
He has to play on Sunday when he will be honored, just so he can come out of the game to a final ovation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom