2017 Yankees Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Refsnyder is already up. He has played some OF.
Joe said yesterday when he was on with Mike, that he thinks RF is Refsnyders best position.

I think the Yankees have found a RF, but im not sure...

Joe said yesterday when he was on with Mike, that he thinks RF is Refsnyders best position.

I think the Yankees have found a RF, but im not sure...

Please tell me he has a Jesse Barfield arm.

Why do major leaguers insist on trying to pull every ball? It's much more likely to end up as an easy ground out than a homer. Maybe I'm biased because in my fantasies I'm a .300 hitter and not a slugger, but for the love of all that's holy, just take base hit.

Why do major leaguers insist on trying to pull every ball? It's much more likely to end up as an easy ground out than a homer. Maybe I'm biased because in my fantasies I'm a .300 hitter and not a slugger, but for the love of all that's holy, just take base hit.

chicks_dig_the_long_ball_tshirt.jpg

Gardner plants one into the ivy.

How do you like that, Suzyn. :)

Straight out of the Earl Weaver textbook of how to win games. I'd love to know what Earl's record would be if games with multi-run homers in the late innings are subtracted out.

Straight out of the Earl Weaver textbook of how to win games. I'd love to know what Earl's record would be if games with multi-run homers in the late innings are subtracted out.

That would be the "First Inning Lightning" and the three run homer. (I grew up watching those guys: Buford, Blair, both Robinsons, Powell, Blefary ...) Geez, they were a load.:)

Last edited:
Holy crap! Just checked the scores and saw the NYY/CHC box. Wow! What a dramatic win! Good for Gardy, he's long been a favorite of mine. :)

I hate it that a whole bunch of my favorite posters seem to be Yankees fans.
Go Mariners! And Mets, if we need to include a NY team.

I hate it that a whole bunch of my favorite posters seem to be Yankees fans.
Go Mariners! And Mets, if we need to include a NY team.

Gotta tell ya the bad news, old bud, there's a ton of New Yorkers here. It's what we do! :)

edit: for myself, I grew up just down the road from Cooperstown. Baseball, and especially Yankee baseball, is in the blood. Also, I'm coming to the PSGW music camp again this summer, Aug 5-11. We'll try again?

Gotta tell ya the bad news, old bud, there's a ton of New Yorkers here. It's what we do! :)

edit: for myself, I grew up just down the road from Cooperstown. Baseball, and especially Yankee baseball, is in the blood. Also, I'm coming to the PSGW music camp again this summer, Aug 5-11. We'll try again?
Si

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom