2017 Yankees Thread | Page 100 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

I live in akron and have gone to Indians games this year. Very good team with incredible starters. We need our starting pitching to be elite.

DLQz6ZtUMAAQ1AM.jpg

Told you all it was free money and obvious how it was going to end up.

What do you guys think about the ALDS? I fully expect cleveland to win, but just curious if you all think we have a shot. What do you think has to happen? Obviously, starting pitching MUST be top notch.

Cleveland had a really, really good season. Historic win streak for Christsake. Great starters, really good bullpen pieces, well balanced lineup with great young talent in Lindor, Ramirez and solid defense. Plus they play great at home. Going to be tough.

What do you guys think about the ALDS? I fully expect cleveland to win, but just curious if you all think we have a shot. What do you think has to happen? Obviously, starting pitching MUST be top notch.

Cleveland had a really, really good season. Historic win streak for Christsake. Great starters, really good bullpen pieces, well balanced lineup with great young talent in Lindor, Ramirez and solid defense. Plus they play great at home. Going to be tough.
I agree with your analysis of Indians. But Yanks have to be the most undesired team in playoffs because if they get a lead (and they have the offense to do it) that bullpen is lights out. I think the WS winner comes out of this series.

I agree with your analysis of Indians. But Yanks have to be the most undesired team in playoffs because if they get a lead (and they have the offense to do it) that bullpen is lights out. I think the WS winner comes out of this series.
I'm hopeful that the chemistry on the team is something that culturally those guys are going to carry through for years. They genuinely seem to like being a team together.

That'll help down the road as they incorporate other new guys.

Book it.

The starters for the Yankees are not important. Last night proved that.

The starters for the Yankees are not important. Last night proved that.

In a one game elimination. In a series you aren't throwing your bullpen out to get 8 and 2/3 innings. And my point is giving up even just 2 runs from a starter going against kluber or carrasco could be all they need.

Told you all it was free money and obvious how it was going to end up.
Congrats on your win. Still seems like a crappy proposition to me, having to be right about 75% of the time just to grind out a modest profit. There have to be easier ways to make money.

If Yankees fans feel good about beating Cleveland there is good value to bet it.

New York is +240.
That is kinda higher than I thought. Vegas thinks Cleveland is a buzzsaw.

The flipside is the Cleveland Indians had the lowest bullpen ERA in MLB. Also gave up the fewest walks and HRs plus also by far had the fewest blown saves. And that's without Miller for about six weeks.

I live in akron and have gone to Indians games this year. Very good team with incredible starters. We need our starting pitching to be elite.

I don't think they need elite pitching. Average 5 innings a start and keep the ERA at 4.00 or below, and the bullpen might be good enough to bring you home.

With all these days off, teams with deep pens can really ride them. Now the Indians also have a great bullpen, but since they have great starters they might make the opposite mistake and that is keeping them into too long.

In the regular season with only a few off days a month, its important to get 7 innings from your starters fairly regularly. But that is not necessarily the case for teams with deep bullpen. Unless your starter is dynamite, there may be no reason to keep them much longer than 6 in this series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom