2017 Yankees Thread | Page 102 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Judge is going to see a lot of really filthy curves the next few days

Hmmm, they're swinging at the pitch they want to hit, rather than the one that's been thrown. I've seen this movie before.

Like I said, even just 2 runs against this team is sometimes all that's needed. Indians starters are ridiculously good. I saw it all year living here.

Sucks. Lots of game left but we can't string anything together so far.

Like I said, even just 2 runs against this team is sometimes all that's needed. Indians starters are ridiculously good. I saw it all year living here.

Sucks. Lots of game left but we can't string anything together so far.
Can't even get a hit so far

Stop pitching to Bruce and tell the ump there should be 1 strike zone for both teams.

Not a big and a small depending on who's up.

Jose Ramirez reminds me so much of Jose Vidro in terms of his swing at the plate (I was one of the last Expo fans)... and his career development and the massive improvement in his 4th year is almost a direct comparison..

Most will say who cares this is a Yankee thread, and why should I care. And that is a fair comment.

Jose Ramirez reminds me so much of Jose Vidro in terms of his swing at the plate (I was one of the only Expo fans)... and his career development and the massive improvement in his 4th year is almost a direct comparison..

Most will say who cares this is a Yankee thread, and why should I care. And that is a fair comment.

Fixed.

Announcer saying exactly what I was saying, have to strike early if you want a chance. Time to do it was against Bauer. You get down against this team and its lights out more often than not. They are too good. Gotta get our bullpen on the field when we can muster the lead.

Indians won 22 straight... Damn good team.

Indians shouldn't throw anything but a curve to judge and Sanchez all series

Are the umps trying to beat the traffic or something?

Way too much pessimism in this thread. That's not the Yankee way.

Eh, didn't say we can't make it interesting. Just stating some facts.

This team, cleveland, has it all.

Eh, didn't say we can't make it interesting. Just stating some facts.

This team, cleveland, has it all.
And I've been around long enough to see teams that have it all get beat.

Way too much pessimism in this thread. That's not the Yankee way.
Yeah, even in the broadcast there's been a lot of Indians love.

They're good, but the Yankees aren't handing them a series. Cleveland's got to show up and handle their business too. That shouldn't just be assumed. Guys can be off and have slump or have a crappy game.

Bauer was good tonight, but we still got homered. It wasn't terrible, but it looked like Cleveland got most of the close calls. That said, when you play better, you get more calls, and Bauer was a lot better than Gray.
upload_2017-10-5_21-18-12.gif
And I haven't seen anything yet from Gray. So far as I can see, he's been a disappointment.

And now for some good news, the Blackhawks are up on Pittsburgh 10-1 late in the third. :)

Bauer was good tonight, but we still got homered. It wasn't terrible, but it looked like Cleveland got most of the close calls. That said, when you play better, you get more calls, and Bauer was a lot better than Gray. And I haven't seen anything yet from Gray. So far as I can see, he's been a disappointment.
Gray has been off in his last few starts, but is very good. Ace level good. You will be happy the Yankees have him under contract for the next few years.

And I'm not concerned about how that loss looked tonight. It's one game. Steal one tomorrow and this series looks entirely different with the pressure shifting back on the Indians.

Yeah, even in the broadcast there's been a lot of Indians love.

They're good, but the Yankees aren't handing them a series. Cleveland's got to show up and handle their business too. That shouldn't just be assumed. Guys can be off and have slump or have a crappy game.
Gray has been off in his last few starts, but is very good. Ace level good. You will be happy the Yankees have him under contract for the next few years.

And I'm not concerned about how that loss looked tonight. It's one game. Steal one tomorrow and this series looks entirely different with the pressure shifting back on the Indians.

I mean sure, it's possible, but very unlikely. In fact, it would be shocking, as kluber should be the cy young winner. This guy is unbelievable, and his go to pitch kills our power hitters.

Look at these numbers
image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom