2017 Yankees Thread | Page 99 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Bringing Robertson in the 3rd. Smart move to keep the hammer down, and what a sick bullpen.

if there is a next game, sevy will be good to go

the whole bullpen however will be burned out from each going 2 innings this game

They haven't played since Sunday, and then don't have to play again until Thursday. No real damage by using any reliever for 2 innings this game. They will be rested by Thursday.

So many days off in playoff baseball, that you can ride relievers more often than the regular season. A big advantage for the Yanks in the playoffs.

I look at all these home run totals. Not for Judge or Sanchez... but the guys with 20+ like Didi, Gardner, Rosario and Escobar, How can MLB still claim the ball is not juiced.

I look at all these home run totals. Not for Judge or Sanchez... but the guys with 20+ like Didi, Gardner, Rosario and Escobar, How can MLB still claim the ball is not juiced.
It is simple to prove.

Take a ball from the previous season and cut it open and cut a ball from this year.

I could do it myself as I have balls from the last 5 years and could just find out.

It's beyond obvious the Ball is juiced though.
All time most HR hit in a single season was this year.

I think the Twins should have kept Santana in a little longer. He had retired 5 of the prior 6 batters... of course the one hit was a HR but it was a fairly cheap one to right. Now they are forced to ride Berrios, and are forced to see if he can settle down (Molitor just used those exact words). Santana had already shown he was possibly settling down.

And I love Paul Molitor. If we don't get this done. I'd happily cheer for the Twins.

And I love Paul Molitor. If we don't get this done. I'd happily cheer for the Twins.

He is one of those hard to hate guys.

What a stretch. Reminds me of the Big Cat, Andres Gallaraga when he was younger with the Expos.

Birdman with a great stretch. I was not unhappy with Frazier and Headley switching in and out at first, but he gets that play done because he's a.) a real first baseman, and b.) about 6"-5".

I get a kick out of seeing Judge smile. Baseball is supposed to be fun. :)

I love those in game manager interviews. There is no better time to gain in-depth insight than in the middle of a guy trying to do his job during the most important games of the year.

Geez, Robertson has been terrific. I was sorry when they traded him, and really pleased when they got him back.

Need to avoid walks, plenty of power in the lineup still for Minnesota.

It is simple to prove.

Take a ball from the previous season and cut it open and cut a ball from this year.

I could do it myself as I have balls from the last 5 years and could just find out.

It's beyond obvious the Ball is juiced though.
All time most HR hit in a single season was this year.
On NPR two Saturdays ago, they said the stitches are lower making it harder for the pitchers to get the grip they want. That was, in the speakers' minds part of juicing the ball.

I heard earlier today that the Twins had the most runs in MLB after all star game. It seems like a fairly innocent lineup on paper. And without Sano and Buxton it's hard to fathom making a run. But this is baseball.

Great performance by Robertson. Maybe Girardi left him in one batter too many, but I would have also kept him in for Dozier.

Alright, outa beer. Heading for the pub! Keep the faith!

I live in Minneapolis, and was out with the family for dinner at the time the game began.

Minnesota fans were whooping it up in the top of the first, but fell silent in the bottom half.

Was nice to see the Yanks grind them into dust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom