2017 Yankees Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

What % of existing Giants and Dodgers fans would you estimate still followed those teams after they moved west?
I think a lot did at the time they moved. My guess is most kids started following a team that their parent's did. I grew up in Schenectady so most people followed the New York teams (although the Schenectady Blue Jays Minor League Team was a Philly affiliate). Until the Mets came along in 1962, the only New York team was the Yankees and they were really hated by non Yankee fans so they followed their teams to the west coast as best they could. As time went on and players that made the move with the teams to the west coast retired, interest in those teams waned. People started following the Mets as an alternative, particularly in the late 60's when the Yankees fell apart and the Amazing's won it in 1969. Interestingly, nobody I knew cared for the Red Sox (Yankee fan Red Sox dig).

I only made it to the 14th. I was trying to stay up but my body caved.

I was going to ask for a show of hands to see who saw that to the end, but it appears as enough of us did, so ill let it go. :cool:

wow, what a weekend...10 days.

to go 8-2 v the sux, the O's, what was supposed to be a good Toronto team...and the World Champs, is something to hang your hat on.

lets get at least 1 in cincy and bring on the 'stros and Jeter Week/Day!!...

Every minute.

Just unbelievable.

Ten runs on 13 hits vs. four runs on 11 hits. Four DP's will help do that, I guess. :)

.800 winning percentage over their past 25 games. And now Sanchez is back and at some point they will get production from first base.

.800 winning percentage over their past 25 games. And now Sanchez is back and at some point they will get production from first base.
21-9, outscoring opponents 177-119, or about 6-4 on average. And the schedule to this point hasn't been easy either. Crazy stuff.

Last edited:
21-9, outscoring opponents 177-119, or about 6-4 on average. And the schedule to this point hasn't been easy either. Crazy stuff.

I'm excited about it now because I didn't expect it. Carry it through July 4th and the All-Star break? I'll be bullish about our chances in autumn.

I'm excited about it now because I didn't expect it. Carry it through July 4th and the All-Star break? I'll be bullish about our chances in autumn.

Agreed, it's a pleasant surprise. Pitching always gets better later on, and you can't rely on scoring 8 runs per game. I'm more concerned, however, that the Yankee pitching staff holds up.

Big series against Houston this weekend...starts tonight on MLBN.
MLBN picked up the simulcast?? Nice.

Guess that's 2 games this series the whole country will get to see of the future 2017 World Series Champions.

It would be nice if one of the networks we get here would pick it up. Otherwise I'm anticipating a steady diet of the Boo Jays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom