2017 Yankees Thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

The year-long retirement tour left me with a sever case of Jeter-fatigue. I wish they would wait a few more years before retiring his number.

I have a feeling you are in the very small minority on this one...

I have a feeling you are in the very small minority on this one...
Yeah, I get what he's saying, but this is the year.

They can't leave a glaring hole out there as people want to see it, and especially if he buys the marlins or whomever, this needs to get done.

Plus, last year was the 20 year anniversary of the 96 team...(good lord, 20??!!! I remember vividly the 20 year anniversary games of the 77 & 78 teams and that felt like Old Timers Day PT II)...and we got 3 straight years of that type of stuff coming next year.

Taking a dip into the world of MLB helmets

6. New York Yankees
for a regular-season game, they're part of the matte helmet trend, they're wearing the annoying New Era logo on the side of their caps like everyone else, they'll be wearing pink for Mother's Day on the day they're retiring Derek Jeter's number, and they let CC Sabathia pitch in no-show socks (or maybe just no socks), so all bets are off. That said, giving their helmet a full pinstripe treatment would be too much. Restricting the pattern to the brim -- the same as on their spring-training cap -- feels about right.

Should they wear it? Sure, if only to hear the screams of anguish coming from Bronx old-schoolers.

Yankees Helmet.jpg

Taking a dip into the world of MLB helmets

6. New York Yankees
for a regular-season game, they're part of the matte helmet trend, they're wearing the annoying New Era logo on the side of their caps like everyone else, they'll be wearing pink for Mother's Day on the day they're retiring Derek Jeter's number, and they let CC Sabathia pitch in no-show socks (or maybe just no socks), so all bets are off. That said, giving their helmet a full pinstripe treatment would be too much. Restricting the pattern to the brim -- the same as on their spring-training cap -- feels about right.

Should they wear it? Sure, if only to hear the screams of anguish coming from Bronx old-schoolers.

View attachment 96656

Why is the New Era logo considered annoying? How is it any different than any other part of the uniform that has a logo on it in baseball and every other sport?

Why is the New Era logo considered annoying? How is it any different than any other part of the uniform that has a logo on it in baseball and every other sport?

I never really noticed it...but I will probably look for it from now on, which will drive me crazy...

Yeah, I get what he's saying, but this is the year.

They can't leave a glaring hole out there as people want to see it, and especially if he buys the marlins or whomever, this needs to get done.

Plus, last year was the 20 year anniversary of the 96 team...(good lord, 20??!!! I remember vividly the 20 year anniversary games of the 77 & 78 teams and that felt like Old Timers Day PT II)...and we got 3 straight years of that type of stuff coming next year.

Plus next year he'll have a kid, the wife won't let him out of the house. We've all seen this movie before.

one yankees note:

there are a shiz load of already successful and aspiring singers in NYC, right?

then why the hell do I gotta listen to an old recording of some broad screaming out God Bless America like a banshee?!?!

scrap that tape and get some live singers!

one yankees note:

then why the hell do I gotta listen to an old recording of some broad screaming out God Bless America like a banshee?!?!

The Boss was a big fan of that old broad Kate Smith.

one yankees note:

Kate Smith used to sing live ... for Babe Ruth.

one yankees note:

I'm going to have to ask you to leave the Yankee Thread.

One simply, does not make fun of Kate Smith here.

What's next, you going to reveal yourself as as the one who asked Freddy to stop banging his pan??

I'm going to have to ask you to leave the Yankee Thread.

One simply, does not make fun of Kate Smith here.

What's next, you going to reveal yourself as as the one who asked Freddy to stop banging his pan??

I also once wore an old Babe Ruth jersey to a board meeting and proceeded to spill juicy strawberries all over it.

Followed up by dragging the World Series trophy behind my car in the parking lot... I feared no reprisal.

I also once wore an old Babe Ruth jersey to a board meeting and proceeded to spill juicy strawberries all over it.

Followed up by dragging the World Series trophy behind my car in the parking lot... I feared no reprisal.

Did you wear a body suit and run around the field?

Rule question. I thought on double header days teams are allowed 26 players for a single day and the extra player is sent down after the day is over . (Sub green for Chapman due to DL). How come they are waiting until game 2 to recall Ref?

Rule question. I thought on double header days teams are allowed 26 players for a single day and the extra player is sent down after the day is over . (Sub green for Chapman due to DL). How come they are waiting until game 2 to recall Ref?

It wasn't a pre-scheduled DH. You can only call up the extra player for the 2nd game.

Beginning on MLB Opening Day up through August 31st, a club can temporarily add (recall or select) a 26th player to its MLB Active List on any day where two games are scheduled, as long as the second game was scheduled at least 48 hours in advance. If the second game was scheduled less than 48 hours in advance, a 26th man can be temporarily added to a club's MLB Active List for the second game of the doubleheader only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom