2017 Yankees Thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

In lieu of a suspension, how about we have them submit a 250 word essay on Horace Clarke?

Child's play. Why don't you make it Roger Repoz or Doc Edwards? Phil Linz or Jake Gibbs? Remember, I go back to Bill Skowron, Jim Bouton, Whitey Ford and Yogi, et al :D

Besides, we didn't have TV up here back when Willie played. And anyway, it didn't occur to me it might be Randolph because he didn't play on any of the same teams as the rest did. :noidea:

Child's play. Why don't you make it Roger Repoz or Doc Edwards? Phil Linz or Jake Gibbs? Remember, I go back to Bill Skowron, Jim Bouton, Whitey Ford and Yogi, et al :D

Besides, we didn't have TV up here back when Willie played. And anyway, it didn't occur to me it might be Randolph because he didn't play on any of the same teams as the rest did. :noidea:
Bench Coach.

Ha, I actually considered Jake Gibbs.

This kid is going to be a star, Yankees fans are going to love him...seems very humble, good natured...

Aaron Judge said the Tonight Show skit turned out better than he thought because he is not a comedian or an interviewer. He said the NBC crew did a nice job of editing to make him look good. For the record, Judge said he interviewed around 20 fans and at least half recognized him quickly. - Andrew Marchand, ESPN Senior Writer

Yankees fans in NYC still don't recognize Aaron Judge

Bench Coach.
Yeah I know, but he was always inside the dugout. :noidea::p
basically, he coached 3rd.

he was bench coach for only 1 year...2004.

gone and apparently forgotten in the Yankee thread...

zimmer2.jpg

this is a gaff, that an essay just wont cut it...

basically, he coached 3rd.

he was bench coach for only 1 year...2004.

gone and apparently forgotten in the Yankee thread...

zimmer2.jpg

this is a gaff, that an essay just wont cut it...

I didn't know Schwarzkopf was a Yankees fan!

This quite the long Yankee lineup...

The Phil Linz essay writes itself as long as you base it on the concept, "He said to play it louder."

This quite the long Yankee lineup...
Imagine if Bird was in it and hitting like he did when he tore up Spring Training. In the meantime, Carter seems to be hitting his stride now that he's playing everyday.

I go back that far too. I know Mickey Mantle hit 4 into the old left-center field bleachers at Yankee Stadium and I distinctly remember seeing at least one of those. I also know I cried like a baby on October 13, 1960 (I was 8 year old).
the-greatest-home-run-of-all-time-bill-mazeroski-wins-the-1960-world-series.png

Last edited:
I go back that far too. I know Mickey Mantle hit 4 into the old left-center field bleachers at Yankee Stadium and I distinctly remember seeing at least one of those. I also know I cried like a baby on October 13, 1960 (I was 8 year old).
the-greatest-home-run-of-all-time-bill-mazeroski-wins-the-1960-world-series.png
Thank very much for thoroughly ruining my day! It had such promise, too. :(

Went to the Syracuse Chiefs vs Scranton game last Friday. Frazier hit one heck of a shot over the left field fence. His batting average could improve.

His OBP is good though, so no worries...

Just for a moment, this all seems too good to be true. I find myself waiting for the other shoe to fall, some PED scandal or something. Am I too cynical in my advancing decrepitivity?

Okay, I'm better now. I feel the caffeine starting to kick in. :)

Went to the Syracuse Chiefs vs Scranton game last Friday. Frazier hit one heck of a shot over the left field fence. His batting average could improve.
His OBP is good though, so no worries...
its nice to be able to see some young stars on the way up. I remember going to a lot of games at Albany seeing the Williams', Leyritz, Pettitte to name a few.

and I think I read where Frazier was in a big slump, but is pulling out of it (no Arod jokes please), but yes...he was always taking walks, so they liked that.

Some of it is his own doing, but other things like this I kind of feel bad for the guy at times...he tries so hard to get past some of this stuff and things like this tend to follow him. Have no idea what his note meant, and don't care...what are the odds that they happened to take that picture at the exact moment he was on that particular page?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom