2017 Yankees Thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Tyler Austin is beginning his rehab stint today in Tampa. Would be nice if he acclimates back quickly so we can get Carter out of the regular lineup. If he does we could see him by early June. Austin slashed .241/.300/.458 last year in 83 at-bats. Carter is .221/.229/.351 in 77 at-bats.

Tyler Austin is beginning his rehab stint today in Tampa. Would be nice if he acclimates back quickly so we can get Carter out of the regular lineup. If he does we could see him by early June. Austin slashed .241/.300/.458 last year in 83 at-bats. Carter is .221/.229/.351 in 77 at-bats.
true, but Carter has jumped up to that level by 100pts each in the last week.

he may be snapping out of it.

Well it seems that as usual, the NYY biggest need is SP. I am not sure what I want them to do before the trade deadline. Trade for an SP or two, which would be mean giving up some prospects? Or just suck it up and wait for free agency? Although I don't know who is eligible this year. Do you accelerate the plan since they are doing so well so far this year? or stick to the plan and keep cutting payroll and holding onto prospects waiting for 2018?

Well it seems that as usual, the NYY biggest need is SP. I am not sure what I want them to do before the trade deadline. Trade for an SP or two, which would be mean giving up some prospects? Or just suck it up and wait for free agency? Although I don't know who is eligible this year. Do you accelerate the plan since they are doing so well so far this year? or stick to the plan and keep cutting payroll and holding onto prospects waiting for 2018?
reading the tea leaves, the move for Gleyber to Scranton puts Headley on notice. they might be thinking they could move Headley for a SP and bring up Torres to play 3rd with Torreyes.

between now and the deadline, Gleyber could get 200 AAA at-bats.

reading the tea leaves, the move for Gleyber to Scranton puts Headley on notice. they might be thinking they could move Headley for a SP and bring up Torres to play 3rd with Torreyes.

Isn't Headley the defacto on-field, veteran leader? It's hard to tell something like that from this far away. Anyway, he's off to a much better start than last year. If I was another GM, I'd consider he's going to see a lot more strikes with what's around him now than he will most other places, so I'd be reluctant to give up a real quality SP for him. :noidea:

Michael Kay suggested last week that they could have Headley play first and Torres play third.

Isn't Headley a multiple GG playing third?

He won it in 2012. Looking into it, he only has 13 career starts at 1B. Carter had 11 errors last year. Isn't 11 a bit unheard of for a first baseman? Maybe Kay figured that the Yanks would be gaining offensively and not losing anything defensively.

Isn't Headley a multiple GG playing third?
1, but hes been error prone here the last 2 years.

I like Headley and he carries himself as a leader, but they may want to 'get' something for him and let another kid (Gleyber) come up.

this is a bonus year, they weren't supposed to compete.

but yeah, another option is all the B level prospects, cant see them trading the A's...or Gardy...and nobody wants DLsbury.

Also, as someone said above, Tyler Austin is rehabbing and could be back in June. He can also play first.

Also, as someone said above, Tyler Austin is rehabbing and could be back in June. He can also play first.
Judge is apparently quite the athletic Giant, not sure I want him running and diving all over USA Outfields, lets give him a glove and have him start taking some grounders...

Judge is apparently quite the athletic Giant, not sure I want him running and diving all over USA Outfields, lets give him a glove and have him start taking some grounders...
Makes sense, but what a catch yesterday!

Isn't Headley the defacto on-field, veteran leader? It's hard to tell something like that from this far away. Anyway, he's off to a much better start than last year. If I was another GM, I'd consider he's going to see a lot more strikes with what's around him now than he will most other places, so I'd be reluctant to give up a real quality SP for him. :noidea:
I think Gardner and Holliday are the veteran leaders of the position players on this team.

He's a machine.

And no one is going to run on that arm.

Keep working Holliday in at first. It's at least fun to watch. Not quite Knoblauch funny, but a little funny.

Mentally, Bird is probably a mess. I really hope he gets past this ankle issue. I mean, it can't hurt forever, can it?

He's a machine.

And no one is going to run on that arm.

Keep working Holliday in at first. It's at least fun to watch. Not quite Knoblauch funny, but a little funny.

Mentally, Bird is probably a mess. I really hope he gets past this ankle issue. I mean, it can't hurt forever, can it?
He is pain free in the ankle. They were not going to let him run or do anything until he didn't feel any pain.

He is pain free in the ankle. They were not going to let him run or do anything until he didn't feel any pain.

That's good. He could be such an important piece to this team.

Wondering if Judge, with that arm, should just pitch every 5th day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom