2017 Yankees Thread | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

When things were humming along the way they were for the first two months of the season, sure. That wasn't a mirage, that was 50+ games. They were bludgeoning teams, and merely needed to get to the seventh inning with a lead. A lot has gone wrong since, but it could be reproduced.

They had a nice stretch of baseball, they have been awful since then, Judge is having a superhuman first half and you guys are 4 games over 500, so many things have to go right the Yankees to win 90 games.

so many things have to go right the Yankees to win 90 games.
Indeed, they will have to play much better to get the wild card. The Yankees are undoubtedly not as good as several of the other contenders (e.g., Houston, Los Angeles, Boston). The postseason is pretty random in baseball. Any team that gets there does have a chance to win the World Series.

They had a nice stretch of baseball, they have been awful since then, Judge is having a superhuman first half and you guys are 4 games over 500, so many things have to go right the Yankees to win 90 games.
Yankees have the best lineup 1-9 in the AL outside of Houston.

They can win 90 games as that offense will score games. The entire AL outside of Houston/Boston/Cleveland range from garbage to mediocre teams.

They will make the wild card. They need a pitcher to win in the playoffs.

If they get the wild card, random luck will determine if they play in the divisional round.
Yeah really the only teams that would scare me in a one off would be Boston because they would be throwing Sale.
Royals- Duffy
Minnesota-Santana
Tampa- Archer
Angels/Orioles pitching sucks
Maybe Texas- Darvish

None of these guys except Sale would scare me.

I don't think the Yankees rotation currently though is good enough to win 3 playoff series. Maybe 1.

Yeah really the only teams that would scare me in a one off would be Boston because they would be throwing Sale.
Royals- Duffy
Minnesota-Santana
Tampa- Archer
Angels/Orioles pitching sucks
Maybe Texas- Darvish

None of these guys except Sale would scare me.

I don't think the Yankees rotation currently though is good enough to win 3 playoff series. Maybe 1.
A one game scenario should scare you no matter who is pitching for either team.

"This is baseball Suzyn"

Yankees have the best lineup 1-9 in the AL outside of Houston.

They can win 90 games as that offense will score games. The entire AL outside of Houston/Boston/Cleveland range from garbage to mediocre teams.

They will make the wild card. They need a pitcher to win in the playoffs.

Their lineup is good, not sure its the best, and at some point you have to think Judge hits somewhat of a wall. The Yankees don't have the pitching to make a run if they make the playoffs. Houston, Boston, Cleveland are better, The Royals have won a world series, they are battle tested, they might be better.

Their lineup is good, not sure its the best, and at some point you have to think Judge hits somewhat of a wall. The Yankees don't have the pitching to make a run if they make the playoffs. Houston, Boston, Cleveland are better, The Royals have won a world series, they are battle tested, they might be better.
Before Holliday, Hicks and Castro went down, it was a circular lineup scoring about 6 runs per game. Even now, their Pythagorean record is 7 games better than their actual record. It would foolish write off this team with almost half a season to play.

Before Holliday, Hicks and Castro went down, it was a circular lineup scoring about 6 runs per game. Even now, their Pythagorean record is 7 games better than their actual record. It would foolish write off this team with almost half a season to play.

Its a very good lineup, I think they also played over their heads for a long period of time. I think they could very well get a wild card spot, but they aren't good enough to go deep into October, just don't have the horses.

Unfortunately, not even close. People here are obsessed with Rutgers for some reason.

Good point...the mets aren't interesting or relevant enough for non-mets fans to even talk about them enough to even get to 1% of that thread...

Unfortunately, not even close. People here are obsessed with Rutgers for some reason.
Never understood that. I remember their nice, even likable, Final Four team in 1976, but that was many moons of sports irrelevance ago.

those guys coming back, will be like getting 3 big bats at the trade deadline, Suzyn.

those guys coming back, will be like getting 3 big bats at the trade deadline, Suzyn.
Oh my goodness gracious! Of all the dramatic things, of all the dramatic things I've ever seen, Matt Holliday, Starlin Castro and Aaron Hicks standing right in George Steinbrenner's box, announcing they are back.

So basically Quintana would never cost all these top prospects. It would've cost one good prospect and other decent ones.

Good deal for the Cubs. I'm glad the Yankees didn't get him he's exactly what they needed. Quintana is a solid number two starter.

So basically Quintana would never cost all these top prospects. It would've cost one good prospect and other decent ones.

Good deal for the Cubs. I'm glad the Yankees didn't get him he's exactly what they needed. Quintana is a solid number two starter.
that was too steep a price for the Yanks.

no need to put a top prospect and some B's to get another 4.50 era pitcher.

there will be cheaper options.

still want a 1B...

that was too steep a price for the Yanks.

no need to put a top prospect and some B's to get another 4.50 era pitcher.

there will be cheaper options.

still want a 1B...
I understand the mindset but Quintana is a lot better than his numbers right now and he is under control for the foreseeable future.
Yankees are ahead of schedule so I get the need not to rush. They still got a decent shot at the division even though I do believe Boston will win it.

Tampa/Minnesota/Seattle/Angels don't scare you so I see the Yankees making the playoffs.

The only real decent pitcher out there left is Sonny Gray but I wouldn't give up anything close to Quintana level stuff for.
Verlander isn't getting traded.
Zimmerman isn't worth inheriting that contract.

I doubt DeGrom is available even though the Mets won't pay him when he is a FA and they could get good pieces for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom