2017 Yankees Thread | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

And our long day's journey into night concludes. :)

26be.png

Donnie Collins‏ @DonnieCollinsTT
Only P the Yanks can (really, should) call up tomorrow from the RailRiders is German. Cessa went THU. Enns went FRI. Herrera/Gio on DL. If they want to make a 40-man move, you're probably looking at Caleb Smith. But, the pitching pickings are slim at the moment at AAA.

Mitchell is already slated as the 26th man tomorrow.

It was pretty important to steal one back, after last night's meltdown. And it was a steal, for certain. Sale was almost brilliant, and they got nothing for it.

depends on the price
I hope they stand pat, but I'm afraid that if Hicks is coming back soon they will dangle Frazier as part of the trade. The Ellsbury signing becomes more and more of an albatross every day.

I'm glad both games of the doubleheader are on national tv today. I've always said the Yankees and Red Sox don't get enough national coverage.
Just an FYI MLB extra innings is free this weekend so every game is pretty much available if you have DirecTV.

I'm glad both games of the doubleheader are on national tv today. I've always said the Yankees and Red Sox don't get enough national coverage.

Two more 5 hour games should help the ratings.

Just an FYI MLB extra innings is free this weekend so every game is pretty much available if you have DirecTV.

I have Time Warner Spectrum and they haven't done the free preview at the beginning of this season or now at midseason, which makes me less than happy. They used to do them and it was a great to get my Braves fix.

depends on the price

Yeah, the worst time to negotiate is when one of the starters you depend on so much goes to Tommy John-ville.

You want Sonny Gray? We'll take Torres, Frazier, Adams, Rutherford and Sheffield. We'll throw in Alonso, if you throw in either Judge or Sanchez along with Severino.

Korean Baseball is too nice.

I saw Mickey Mantle on some talk show once. He said that when the Yankees played the Tigers, there was guaranteed to be at least one bench-clearer during the series. So, Mickey said, he and Norm Cash would always look for each other when things went crazy. Mickey said, "We'd grab each other's elbows and rock our arms back and forth so it would look like we were a part of the fight. So, we're in Detroit and the benches clear, like usual. Cash and I run for each other, and after a couple of minutes Norm says to me, 'Hey, Mick. Do you have any nud e pictures of your wife?' I said, 'No, I don't.' So Norm says, 'Do you want some?'"

I saw Mickey Mantle on some talk show once. He said that when the Yankees played the Tigers, there was guaranteed to be at least one bench-clearer during the series. So, Mickey said, he and Norm Cash would always look for each other when things went crazy. Mickey said, "We'd grab each other's elbows and rock our arms back and forth so it would look like we were a part of the fight. So, we're in Detroit and the benches clear, like usual. Cash and I run for each other, and after a couple of minutes Norm says to me, 'Hey, Mick. Do you have any nud e pictures of your wife?' I said, 'No, I don't.' So Norm says, 'Do you want some?'"

Old school. :)

2 hours and 59 minutes not bad for a Yankees-Red Sox game.

4 game split was the fair outcome. Pitching dominated these last 3 games. Good thing the matchups weren't Sabathia-Price and Porcello-Tanaka or they would still be playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom