2017 Yankees Thread | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

4 Yankee players and 2 coaches gone v 1 tigger.

And they started this.

Impressive

The bonehead plate ump bears a lot of responsibility for doing nothing after Sanchez got plunked. I got a Ben Franklin Joe G told him exactly that. :D

For those of you scoring at home, 1st 3 Yankees to Romine's aid...Didi, Headley and Frazier.

Then with the Skipper and Gilligan both ejected...Gardner goes after Ausmus.

Next time you want a state of the Yankees Cowtown, I'm going to have to put it on the pay side...

Payside? Might as well be Alpha Centauri to me.

And I have no problem with Ausmus. But I'd dearly love to see someone take out that dickhead Ned freaking Yost. :D

Payside? Might as well be Alpha Centauri to me.

And I have no problem with Ausmus. But I'd dearly love to see someone take out that dickhead Ned freaking Yost. :D
Based on posts here, Yost would have to get in line behind all of New England's request...

There's a video of Sanchez punching Cabrera at the bottom of the pile. That is probably going to get him suspended for that.

I bet a bunch of Yankees will get suspended and they will probably take those suspensions before for the Red Sox series next Thursday.

There's a video of Sanchez punching Cabrera at the bottom of the pile. That is probably going to get him suspended for that.

I bet a bunch of Yankees will get suspended and they will probably take those suspensions before for the Red Sox series next Thursday.
It's why I said Sanchez is getting a day off tomorrow.

he got his shots in, after getting his 4 'shots' in this series.

Tigers are pathetic.

Props to the Yankees for going all redsux circa 98-08 on them once Cabrera proved to be a useless loser.

'Why would we throw at Jeter there?? We are trying to win the game and make the playoffs!!?? Are you nuts??!!'

Gary Sanchez deserves 10 games... 5 for each cheap shot while an another guy was on a 1-1 battle on the ground. What a b...

It's why I said Sanchez is getting a day off tomorrow.

he got his shots in, after getting his 4 'shots' in this series.

Tigers are pathetic.

Props to the Yankees for going all redsux circa 98-08 on them once Cabrera proved to be a useless loser.

'Why would we throw at Jeter there?? We are trying to win the game and make the playoffs!!?? Are you nuts??!!'
He is getting more than one game.

It was a real cheap shot by Sanchez.

Fluck the tiggers.

Good for Sanchez.

Wish posada hit the girl papi like that after 1 of the 1000 Jeter HBP's in that era.

Fluck the tiggers.

Good for Sanchez.

Wish posada hit the girl papi like that after 1 of the 1000 Jeter HBP's in that era.

Knowing how MLB players defer to the "code" many MLB players lost quite a bit of respect for Sanchez today. I would have respected Sanchez charging or not charging the mound. But once you decide you will not fight that way, don't come back later and throw cheap shots in another incident against players who can't defend themselves.. Chicken .

Not surprised that you were impressed by something so cheap.

Last edited:
Knowing how MLB players defer to the "code" many MLB players lost quite a bit of respect for Sanchez today. I would have respected Sanchez charging or not charging the mound. But once you decide you will not fight that way, don't come back later and throw cheap shots in another incident against players who can't defend themselves.. Chicken .

Not surprised that a poster of your limited character was impressed by it.

"When you decide to ride the tiger, you don't always choose how to get off." (old Chinese saying). There are no Marquis of Queensbury rules in a brawl. Whether you started it, or joined it, either way you accept what comes. I'm not advocating them, but I don't feel badly when someone gets whupped in one. And when your pitcher plunks a batter like Fulmer did, you invite retaliation. So don't cry when it comes.

Last edited:
"When you decide to ride the tiger, you don't always choose how to get off." There are no Marquis of Queensbury rules in a brawl. Whether you started it, or joined it, either way you accept what comes. I'm not advocating them, but I don't feel badly when someone gets whupped in one. And when your pitcher plunks a batter like Fulmer did, you invite retaliation. So don't cry when it comes.
When I first saw the video I thought - yeah cheap shot and I guess it was a cheap shot. But it's a brawl and you're taking a shot at the guy who threw first. So screw him.

Not surprised that you were impressed by something so cheap.
Miggy broke the code when all was calm and he pushed his teammate's brother, took a few swings and started something just for the sake of starting something.

Sanchez was caught on tape, good for him.

Next time a bench clearing brawl comes, team X better put 20% of their guys on 'Sanchez watch'.

And I wouldn't hit him when he's inevitably destroying you and your season with absolute BOMBS.

Cabrera is now labeled a nobody whose only way back in the print and tv, was that.

Pathetic.

He would've been better off playing it like the big steroid...papi, and just cried when anyone came inside.

What a loser.

Enjoy Detroit.

Clearly Sanchez wanted to get suspended so he'd have to miss "Batting Practice Jersey Weekend". :cool:

Clearly Sanchez wanted to get suspended so he'd have to miss "Batting Practice Jersey Weekend". :cool:
So you're saying the Yankees won't be able to..."Unleash the KRAKKEN!!!"...this weekend??

Bummer, think of the kids...

Yet another reason to hate Miggy.

So you're saying the Yankees won't be able to..."Unleash the KRAKKEN!!!"...this weekend??

Bummer, think of the kids...

Yet another reason to hate Miggy.

The best is Miggy saying that Romine provoked him.

As if he thinks all games are still only broadcast on the radio.

What amuses me is how Cabrera unwittingly played into the Yankees' path for the rest of the season. Cabrera is as big a star as there is in the game. Romine is a back-up, but he didn't back down an inch from him. And good on him for that. So, sort of like the ARob/Varitek spat of a decade or so ago, this is the kind of thing that builds/contributes to team chemistry. NYY sputtered erratically through August, and if they turn it around and make a solid drive to a playoff spot, I'll bet that will be pinned to this week in Detroit.

Speaking of broadcasts, watched the encore last night to 'take it all in' (as Feagles famously said to his wife after 42 when they didn't know they were on camera and she screams...'what do we do now???!!')...Ryan Ruocco made himself a lot of money yesterday. With Kahnle gone and Chapman taking his warmups, he brings up the fact that last month, Cabrera kept screaming at the Yankees from the dugout during that altercation, and right on queue he pushes Romine, then Singleton steps on the call and yells 'here we go right now!!' Or something of the like.

Romine in the post game was awesome, Cabrera...not so much.

Speaking of broadcasts, watched the encore last night to 'take it all in' (as Feagles famously said to his wife after 42 when they didn't know they were on camera and she screams...'what do we do now???!!')...Ryan Ruocco made himself a lot of money yesterday. With Kahnle gone and Chapman taking his warmups, he brings up the fact that last month, Cabrera kept screaming at the Yankees from the dugout during that altercation, and right on queue he pushes Romine, then Singleton steps on the call and yells 'here we go right now!!' Or something of the like.

Romine in the post game was awesome, Cabrera...not so much.

Shocked we didn't get a "LOOKOUT!" from Singleton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom