2017 Yankees Thread | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Romine getting 2 is a flat out joke.

Next time, just stand there and let yourself get pounded on like the slab of beef in Rocky.

Torre is too hard on the Yankees.
Betances getting nothing is a joke and you know it.
Romane got 2 games so Torre could say he gave 2 Yankees suspensions.

Matt Barnes couldn't even hit Manny Machado and got 4 games.
If you get ejected you are way more likely to get a suspension than if you didn't.

As much as I don't think romine deserves a suspension , I'm wondering if he's better off just taking it now. Let Sanchez appeal and then romine will be back once Sanchez appeal is heard. That way they won't be without both catchers. Higashioka is hurt. Don't want to be without both catchers. This assumes the appeal decisions would be handed out at the same time. Idk. Just talking out loud .

As much as I don't think romine deserves a suspension , I'm wondering if he's better off just taking it now. Let Sanchez appeal and then romine will be back once Sanchez appeal is heard. That way they won't be without both catchers. Higashioka is hurt. Don't want to be without both catchers. This assumes the appeal decisions would be handed out at the same time. Idk. Just talking out loud .
MLB won't make both players take their suspensions at the same time.
It's not fair to the team.
I don't think Romine will appeal.
I think Sanchez needs to take his suspension so he doesn't miss Red Sox games.
You got 3 with Seattle and 3 with Cleveland. He has to sit in those games.

8/25 Yankees Lineup Vs SEA:

Gardner LF
Hicks CF
Sanchez C
Judge RF
Gregorius SS
Castro 2B
Austin DH
Headley 1B
Frazier 3B

Sabathia P
So Sanchez is appealing.

MLB won't make both players take their suspensions at the same time.
It's not fair to the team.
I don't think Romine will appeal.
I think Sanchez needs to take his suspension so he doesn't miss Red Sox games.
You got 3 with Seattle and 3 with Cleveland. He has to sit in those games.
Got pregame on now, will let u know.

As of now, the Krakken is in the lineup.

Splitting hairs on Sanchez 4 or 5. 5 gets appealed and maybe dropped to 4. 4 getting appealed will stay 4.

Romine got screwed. Miggy talked them into that one.

Miggy and the hone plate ump should get 10. They instigated the whole thing.

I see Miggy is complaining that Judge wasn't suspended. Getting old, bitter and jealous can't be easy.

Both appealed.

40 man at 39 as Bird is on 60. He was kept in minors on rehab as they figure this out with Higgy a no go.

My guess is they buy an old catcher off someone this weekend because even if Romine's gets thrown out, Sanchez is going down.

Romine will likely still have 1 as well.

You make it seem like no one has ever thrown a cheap shot in a fight.

He got 4 games...that's a lot.

Explain Romine...

Romine threw several punches. Two games seems right. Sanchez getting four for his actions. That seems a tad light.

8/25 Yankees Lineup Vs SEA:

Gardner LF
Hicks CF
Sanchez C
Judge RF
Gregorius SS
Castro 2B
Austin DH
Headley 1B
Frazier 3B

Sabathia P
So Sanchez is appealing.

Nearly everybody appeals suspensions. Why not? Nothing to lose.

Romine threw several punches. Two games seems right. Sanchez getting four for his actions. That seems a tad light.
Threw several punches????!!!!

Who cares??!!!!

It was in retaliation, should he just stand there and get his arse kicked and do nothing???

'I'm sorry you didn't like my answer miggy, go ahead and break my face and end my career now...'

Please...

Threw several punches????!!!!

Who cares??!!!!

It was in retaliation, should he just stand there and get his arse kicked and do nothing???

'I'm sorry you didn't like my answer miggy, go ahead and break my face and end my career now...'

Please...

I don't blame Romine for responding but when have you ever seen two participants in a fight where one skates with no penalty? Never gonna happen. Also, the video clearly shows Romine initially escaping from the pile - as he acknowledged in his interview- and then diving back in to throw, yeah wait for it, several punches. I don't blame him one bit but you're gonna get a suspension when you do that.

I don't blame Romine for responding but when have you ever seen two participants in a fight where one skates with no penalty? Never gonna happen. Also, the video clearly shows Romine initially escaping from the pile - as he acknowledged in his interview- and then diving back in to throw, yeah wait for it, several punches. I don't blame him one bit but you're gonna get a suspension when you do that.
I'll respond in a few, right now I'm going to cages because apparently I'll need to hit in the 8th or 9th.

Good lord...

Nearly everybody appeals suspensions. Why not? Nothing to lose.
Appealing is stupid if the hearing isn't till Monday which is the earliest it can be now.
Sanchez got lucky with only 4 games.

By waiting till Monday unless it gets reduced and Torre better not reduce it anymore then Sanchez will miss atleast 1 Red Sox-Yankees game.

Appealing is stupid if the hearing isn't till Monday which is the earliest it can be now.
Sanchez got lucky with only 4 games.

By waiting till Monday unless it gets reduced and Torre better not reduce it anymore then Sanchez will miss atleast 1 Red Sox-Yankees game.

Does MLB keep bankers' hours? Seems strange that they couldn't render a decision on the weekend.

Eddy Rodriguez will have to come up to catch for a bit.

Romine should take the 2 game hit now while Sanchez appeals. It'll take 2 days for MLB to rule.

Here's the full list:

DIGeQe5W0AAn8Dc.jpg

Eddy Rodriguez will have to come up to catch for a bit.

Romine should take the 2 game hit now while Sanchez appeals. It'll take 2 days for MLB to rule.

The more I think about it, Sanchez shouldn't appeal. There are a lot of folks out there that think he got off a little light. The likelihood of a reduction is very slim. If he doesn't sit in the Seattle series then he'll miss at least one Sox game as Alsacs stated.

If he doesn't appeal, his suspension has to start immediately, as in tonight.

If he appeals, he can play Sat-Sun while Romine sits. MLB rules on his appeal on Monday and he still takes the 4 game rip, but Romine will be clear by then.

If he doesn't appeal, his suspension has to start immediately, as in tonight.

If he appeals, he can play Sat-Sun while Romine sits. MLB rules on his appeal on Monday and he still takes the 4 game rip, but Romine will be clear by then.

It just comes down to whether he (Sanchez) misses the 4th game against Cleveland or Boston. Not that big a deal imo. I'd be very surprised if that suspension were reduced.

One thing MLB could do is fine and automatically suspend anybody that leaves the bullpen during a fracas. Those guys have no business being on the field and are only going to add to the trouble.

But then the Sons of Graeme Lloyd wouldn't exist.

Greatest Bullpen Fighter EVER...
It's true.

I will never forget Graeme Lloyd.

Edit - it really cements it when a guy with no business at all fighting, brawls. It makes for the stuff of legends.

I'm not proud of it or even saying it's right, it just is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom