1- KC
3- TB
3- Toronto

Red Sox schedule
2- @ Baltimore
3- @ Cincinnati
3- Toronto
4- Houston

Yankees need to go 10-2 to feel they can catch Boston.

Yankees schedule
2- Minnesota
3- at Toronto
1- KC
3- TB
3- Toronto

Red Sox schedule
2- @ Baltimore
3- @ Cincinnati
3- Toronto
4- Houston

Yankees need to go 10-2 to feel they can catch Boston.
It's just the opposite. It's how hard the Red Sox are making it for the Yankees. Twice in the last week, the Yankees had wins and were looking at sure Red Sox losses only to see the Red Sox win. That has to be wearing on the yanks. You can hear it in Kay's voice.

It's just the opposite. It's how hard the Red Sox are making it for the Yankees. Twice in the last week, the Yankees had wins and were looking at sure Red Sox losses only to see the Red Sox win. That has to be wearing on the yanks. You can hear it in Kay's voice.
It's wearing me out that's for sure.

2x I've gone to bed thinking we gained a game, only to learn of a big sux comeback.

So frustrating.

I think the yanks realize what's happening, it's why Sevy was skipped tomorrow.

The team itself seems to still be in good spirits. And Kay is a clown; it's not wearing on him. He seems to enjoy it when the team struggles, as he likely thinks it makes for better radio for his crappy show.

It's wearing me out that's for sure.

2x I've gone to bed thinking we gained a game, only to learn of a big sux comeback.

So frustrating.

I think the yanks realize what's happening, it's why Sevy was skipped tomorrow.
and just like that, Girardi announces Sevy to start tomorrow and they're going for the Division.

and just like that, Girardi announces Sevy to start tomorrow and they're going for the Division.
As they should be.

Betances was really good for a long stretch when Chapman was lost. He'll get it back.

I certainly hope you're right on that, and soon. I feel badly for the guy. Maybe Chapman's reawakening will pull him up along with him.

Wild Card race is over.

I think the Angels are a tougher than the Twins.
Trout-Pujols-Simmons and good manager.

The Yankees are killing the Twins today and if they met in a one game playoff.

The team nobody wants slipping in is KC but they have tanked.

It's Minnesota or the Angels.

The Red Sox are so mediocre that I am not giving them the division either.

A 1-0 11 inning game where the starters are Pomerantz and Gausman should be used as torture.

Wild Card race is over.

A 1-0 11 inning game where the starters are Pomerantz and Gausman should be used as torture.
I don't want to piss off the baseball gods, so I'll tread lightly here, but California and Scioscia...always have the Yankees #.

So...

Wild Card race is over.

Will you please just stop. The Red Sox are mediocre? They will win at least 94 games. That is with one of their aces, and one of the best pitchers in the game, making 11 starts. Baseball is a lot more than hitting HR's. They have not good, but great outfield defense. Their relief pitching is great. Their starters are solid. And they are mentally rock hard tough. You don't go 15-3 in extra inning games and not be tough. The Red Sox aren't as good as Houston or Cleveland. That is their weakness. I hear Micheal Kay last night how young the Yanks are with Judge and Sanchez. The Red Sox start 4 players younger than Judge. 94 or 95 wins isn't mediocre.

Will you please just stop. The Red Sox are mediocre? They will win at least 94 games. That is with one of their aces, and one of the best pitchers in the game, making 11 starts. Baseball is a lot more than hitting HR's. They have not good, but great outfield defense. Their relief pitching is great. Their starters are solid. And they are mentally rock hard tough. You don't go 15-3 in extra inning games and not be tough. The Red Sox aren't as good as Houston or Cleveland. That is their weakness. I hear Micheal Kay last night how young the Yanks are with Judge and Sanchez. The Red Sox start 4 players younger than Judge. 94 or 95 wins isn't mediocre.
What position player is having an above average offensive season?

Maybe Bientiendi and Vazquez that is it.
Xander is hurt.
Betts has underachieved.
Bradley can't hit consistently.
Pedroia is hurt.

The Red Sox have the fewest home runs in MLB the season the alltime HR in all of baseball have been hit.

The team is an ungodly 15-3 in extra innings. That is luck.

They have 2 of the top 4 in this year's Cy Young pitchers in the rotation and the best closer this year.

This team is so lucky and going to get smoked in the playoffs.

The Yankees have a way better team and are going to run into Cleveland and lose.

Xander is hurt.
Betts has underachieved.
Pedroia is hurt.

The Red Sox have the fewest home runs in MLB the season the alltime HR in all of baseball have been hit.

They have 2 of the top 4 in this year's Cy Young pitchers in the rotation and the best closer this year.

The Yankees have a way better team and are going to run into Cleveland and lose.
What? This is how baseball works. You judge a team on how many wins they have. That is the judgment. It isn't about HR's. If it was, the Red Sox would have won numerous titles during the 60's and 70's. Your point is nonsensical. And winning in extra innings isn't luck. that is plain stupid. It is having great relief pitching. One guy after another throwing zeros. The good news is that there is a way to judge who is better than just an opinion. It's called your record. As for the playoffs, the Red Sox, despite having a winning record head to head against both Cleveland and Houston, aren't as good as either and will probably lose because of that. Down the stretch, the Red Sox have won tough games and the Yankess have blown a few games. Luck has nothing to do with any of that. 94 or 95 wins is mediocre. Got it.

Xander is hurt.
Betts has underachieved.
Pedroia is hurt.

Oh, and the fact that the Red Sox have no position players other than Vasquez having a up year, says good things about them, not bad. The may match last years win total. Without Ortiz. Without HR's.

What? This is how baseball works. You judge a team on how many wins they have. That is the judgment. It isn't about HR's. If it was, the Red Sox would have won numerous titles during the 60's and 70's. Your point is nonsensical. And winning in extra innings isn't luck. that is plain stupid. It is having great relief pitching. One guy after another throwing zeros. The good news is that there is a way to judge who is better than just an opinion. It's called your record. As for the playoffs, the Red Sox, despite having a winning record head to head against both Cleveland and Houston, aren't as good as either and will probably lose because of that. Down the stretch, the Red Sox have won tough games and the Yankess have blown a few games. Luck has nothing to do with any of that. 94 or 95 wins is mediocre. Got it.
The Red Sox have overachieved.

They have won games. The team is better than mediocre so you got me on the words I used. I should have said they aren't a top tier team.

They have written Sale, Pomerantz, Kimbrel.
It won't win in October.
The lineup is a national league lineup with little power and makes too many mistakes on the bases.

The Red Sox have overachieved.

They have won games. The team is better than mediocre so you got me on the words I used. I should have said they aren't a top tier team.

They have written Sale, Pomerantz, Kimbrel.
It won't win in October.
The lineup is a national league lineup with little power and makes too many mistakes on the bases.
First you say that they have under achieved, no one having good seasons, and now you are saying they have over achieved. Which is it? And you won't find me predicting the Sox to win anything this year. They aren't quite as good as Houston or Cleveland. plus, those teams will have the home field advantage. And they make way too many foolish mistakes on the bases. You are correct about that. But they are tough mentally. They battle and don't quit. Ask the Yankee fans on this board how many times they thought they had picked up a game only to see Boston battle back and win. That is toughness. I have thought all year that Boston brass were really aiming at next year. They will be able to add payroll, something they couldn't do this year because of the luxury tax. Plus, their young players will have added another year. There will be four super teams heading in to next year in the A.L. But to recap, this Boston team is very good. because there record says it is.

Wild Card race is over.

The last time the Twins beat the NYY I think Harmon Killebrew was batting clean-up for the Twinkies.

If it weren't for Drew Pomeranz, Boston would be scuffling for the last playoff spot.

I agree with all of that. And I might add that maybe, just maybe, John Farrell deserves a little credit too. Won 19 one run games and are 15-3 in extras. Not too shabby.

Xander is hurt.
Betts has underachieved.
Pedroia is hurt.

I think you stumbled upon the answer, kinda. Pitching and defense can take you a long way. KC Royals have been proof of that.

I agree with all of that. And I might add that maybe, just maybe, John Farrell deserves a little credit too. Won 19 one run games and are 15-3 in extras. Not too shabby.
Farrell blows.
He is awful in game.
He will use Matt Barnes in a bad spot in the playoffs and blow a game.

If he uses Kelly, Smith, Workman, Reed, Kimbrel it's going to workout.

1103387bb60cfe096751a65f3d1e5395cd468c353f0cd46c13a5d6f4ec407a5a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom