2017 Yankees Thread | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Yeah, I was looking at that. Before the streak, Cleveland was about a .550 team. Without looking, I'll guess many of those wins in the streak were against teams that won't be in the playoffs. So who is the real Cleveland team?

Included in that streak were three straight wins at Yankee Stadium.

It's too bad that the Rays couldn't pull last night's game out. Three games feels so much bigger than two.
That is so funny. I am a Red Sox fan and feel 4 games is so much bigger than 3. No kidding
Let me mediate this...

4 games is so much bigger than 2.

Grrrr...

That was a tough one, thought we'd be 2 this morning, now it's still an inch from 4...

Let me mediate this...

4 games is so much bigger than 2.

Grrrr...

That was a tough one, thought we'd be 2 this morning, now it's still an inch from 4...
You miss the point. As usual. 4 seems much greater than 3. 4, I watch the game relaxed. 3 not so much.

You miss the point. As usual. 4 seems much greater than 3. 4, I watch the game relaxed. 3 not so much.

With Sale returning to earth and Porcello doing just enough to lose every outing, a three game lead seems like nothing even with just 15 to play. Yanks look like they're going to run roughshod over TB, TOR and Baltimore (has there ever been a more overrated manager than Showalter?). Sox may need to go 10-5 from here to win division outright.

With Sale returning to earth and Porcello doing just enough to lose every outing, a three game lead seems like nothing even with just 15 to play. Yanks look like they're going to run roughshod over TB, TOR and Baltimore (has there ever been a more overrated manager than Showalter?). Sox may need to go 10-5 from here to win division outright.
Showalter showed what kind of manager he was last year when he didn't use his best pitcher in a one and done game.

Showalter showed what kind of manager he was last year when he didn't use his best pitcher in a one and done game.

Agreed yet somehow when you listen to "baseball people" they rave about his astute managerial capabilities and how he's great with a bullpen etc.

He's inscrutable. He can take a poor team and make them competitive, and he can take a good team to the brink, but can't complete the deal.

Shuffling the rotation means that the Twins won't see Luis Severino this week. Could be strategy in case he sees them in a Wild Card game.

Last edited:
I totally got the point, u sir...missed the sarcasm.

He's inscrutable. He can take a poor team and make them competitive, and he can take a good team to the brink, but can't complete the deal.

On his way to his 7th year of being at or below .500 out of 15 years since he left the Yanks. One division win in that 15 year period.

On his way to his 7th year of being at or below .500 out of 15 years since he left the Yanks. One division win in that 15 year period.
Yet, every O's fan I know, loves him.

Good grief, Betances is so lost. It's like he doesn't know who he is anymore.

Last edited:
Chapman looks like he's getting it back. A five-out save, and fans the last batter with 104.

Good grief, Betances is so lost. It's like he doesn't know who he is anymore.
Betances was really good for a long stretch when Chapman was lost. He'll get it back.

any chance the redsux will lose one of these games they are supposed to lose??

enough already...

any chance the redsux will lose one of these games they are supposed to lose??

enough already...
Yankees have the best record in September outside of Cleveland.

It's insane how hard they are making it on Boston.

Toronto will determine who wins the East as the Yankees play them 6 times and Red Sox 3 times.

Red Sox play the astros the last 4 games it will be interesting if they even play their regulars or pitchers with a ALDS series to follow.

Yankees have the best record in September outside of Cleveland.

It's insane how hard they are making it on Boston.

Toronto will determine who wins the East as the Yankees play them 6 times and Red Sox 3 times.

Red Sox play the astros the last 4 games it will be interesting if they even play their regulars or pitchers with a ALDS series to follow.

Re Houston depends on whether they have a shot at overall home field advantage. Very close right now. Not the biggest deal but worth playing for plus most managers like to have their players in a groove and are not much interested in extended time off for regulars.

Boston has won 19 one run games this year and are 14-3 in extra inning games.

Boston has won 19 one run games this year and are 14-3 in extra inning games.
May those trends undergo a correction over the last 12 games and Boston's season crashes and burns.
carnacthemagnificent.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom