2017 Yankees Thread | Page 95 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

The other night I heard David Cone talking about the wild card system in Japan, where the second wild card has to win twice to advance. That seems like a great idea. Mr. Manfred?

At the end of the day, there is nothing wrong with having another playoff team.

I agree with Donnie that it makes the Division all the more important but it also gives more teams insensitive to keep playing as 1 more gets in.

Except when said team beats the Yankees at Yankee Stadium, then I think they should've kept it at 4 and just lined them up for a 5 game series...

In this day and age attendance would just fall off a cliff once teams were out. The romance of the sport is long gone.

I wish they could at least make it a 3 game series, no travel day. Throw a doubleheader in there.

Or throw a scheduled double header or two into the season if you have to make more time.

1 game is only good if the Red Sox are in it, and lose.

I wish they could at least make it a 3 game series, no travel day. Throw a doubleheader in there.

Or throw a scheduled double header or two into the season if you have to make more time.

1 game is only good if the Red Sox are in it, and lose.

BOOOOOO!!!!

It has to be so frustrating for you Yankees fans. Played way beyond your skis for the last month or so, and yet still in 2nd place. Because the Sox basically matched your efforts.

And I'll show myself out.

BOOOOOO!!!!

It has to be so frustrating for you Yankees fans. Played way beyond your skis for the last month or so, and yet still in 2nd place. Because the Sox basically matched your efforts.

As if I didn't have enough reason to hope for an Astros sweep and a Yankee Thu-Sun sweep of the RayJays.

BOOOOOO!!!!

I'll be revisiting this post if the Red Sox somehow choke their lead away and I won't go easy on you like I do with the other interlopers here.

There was an article in Wednesday's NY post sports section floating the idea of the Yankees making the WC game a bullpen game. Start Chad Green and use all the big guns and save Severino for Game 1 of the ALDS. I'd rather see Sevy in the WC game but it's not a horrible idea.

There was an article in Wednesday's NY post sports section floating the idea of the Yankees making the WC game a bullpen game. Start Chad Green and use all the big guns and save Severino for Game 1 of the ALDS. I'd rather see Sevy in the WC game but it's not a horrible idea.

Not a fan of that plan. I don't think you hit the playoffs and start doing things differently from what got you there. So if one game is an absolute must, you must use your best. Period. Just IMHO

Not a fan of that plan. I don't think you hit the playoffs and start doing things differently from what got you there. So if one game is an absolute must, you must use your best. Period. Just IMHO

You have to start Severino.

Yankees learned the hard way in 2004 what happens when you start playing God with pitchers in roles they are not familiar (let’s bring in Vazquez with the bases loaded! Just like he’s used to).

You have to assume Severino is going to pitch as great as he has all year. But if there’s any sign of trouble, yes, there will be a quick hook.

Horrible idea to be asking people to do something unusual for the first time in an elimination game.

Horrible idea to be asking people to do something unusual for the first time in an elimination game.

Like the '81 Expos, bringing in Steve Rogers to pitch the 9th, and giving up an HR to Rick Monday ...:(

With Girardi bringing in Holder last night in a one run game he's cool with the wild card, no matter what he said after the game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom