2018 Baseball Hall of Fame | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Baseball Hall of Fame

maybe 1 of you fancy guys can post the ballot and let’s keep HOF discussion out of the Hot Stove thread.

I’ve never, ever heard Thome and steroids, but it doesn’t matter...Piazza is in so the steroid door is open.

Let’s see who you’d vote for and who gets in this year.

Vote up to 10.

Vlad
Hoffman
Chipper
Thome
Bonds
Clemens
Mussina
Kent
Vizquel

And in a tough battle for my 10th...Schilling over Sheffield and McGriff.

I think the top 4 get in.
I’m taking Vizquel off my list and moving everyone up a spot.

Help me out here, are Kent and Sheffield eliminated, based on known ballots??
I think that means they mathematically can't reach 75% this year. I believe you need 5% of the vote to remain on the ballot.

I think that means they mathematically can't reach 75% this year. I believe you need 5% of the vote to remain on the ballot.
Ok.

That makes sense.

On a phone it was tough to read.

Yeah, per the file, Sheffield needs 5 more votes to clinch at least 5%, and Kent needs 2.

Andruw Jones falling off the ballot would be a joke.
Unless he is a steroid guy.

Yeah I'm not sure he deserves to make it, but I'm not sure he doesn't. Which i guess is the point; he should stay on the ballot for a few years

Chipper
Vlad 2nd year in a row
Thome

Bonds just missed.

Full ballots in that tweet...

I think Vlad, Chipper, Thome are locks.
Hoffman a good bet to make it.
Edgar will be really close.
Mussina and Schilling a few years away.

Bonds/Clemens mid to high 50s.

I think Vlad, Chipper, Thome are locks.
Hoffman a good bet to make it.
Edgar will be really close.
Mussina and Schilling a few years away.

Bonds/Clemens mid to high 50s.

I think Edgar falls short and makes it fairly easily next year. I think we get 4 guys this year

Happy to see Vladimir Guerrero getting so much love here.

I think he is one of the most underrated "star" players ever.

It's funny, he's a deserving HOF to me, but I look at his case compared to Larry Walker, and I can't say I see too much of a difference. (Which more speaks to how underrated Walker was). Vlad probably has a better case, his career was a tad longer, but it's not a huge difference.

It's funny, he's a deserving HOF to me, but I look at his case compared to Larry Walker, and I can't say I see too much of a difference. (Which more speaks to how underrated Walker was). Vlad probably has a better case, his career was a tad longer, but it's not a huge difference.
I think Larry played too long in Denver.

Vlad was always a few levels higher on the fear factor for me too.

I think Larry played too long in Denver.

Vlad was always a few levels higher on the fear factor for me too.

The park adjusted stats have them basically dead even as hitters. Vlad had an extra 1,000 PA, there's def value in that. Walker also grades out as a better defender/base runner. My point is less Walker>Vlad and more Walker is pretty close to Vlad and Vlad is gonna waltz in in his second year and Walker isn't gonna make it.

Vlad was terrifying, in part because he could swing at any pitch and hit a rocket somewhere. 99% of players would have no chance to be good trying to hit like him.

The park adjusted stats have them basically dead even as hitters. Vlad had an extra 1,000 PA, there's def value in that. Walker also grades out as a better defender/base runner. My point is less Walker>Vlad and more Walker is pretty close to Vlad and Vlad is gonna waltz in in his second year and Walker isn't gonna make it.

Vlad was terrifying, in part because he could swing at any pitch and hit a rocket somewhere. 99% of players would have no chance to be good trying to hit like him.
“Vlad was terrifying..”

That sums up why he’s going in.

I didn’t look up the numbers and if Larry is close and eventually gets in, I’ll throw less of a hissyfit than when Dawson or Rice got in.

Walker didn’t make my 10 this year, not saying he won’t in the future.

Personally, I’d put Kent in before him.

Baseball is weird, they just snuck Trammell in through the backdoor and next 2b to go in might be Cano...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom