2018 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Boston Red Sox Thread

10 game lead with 42 games left.

Magic number is 33. It is amazing how the Red Sox season has made the Yankees season which is damn good look mediocre and piss off their fanbase.
Pissed off is putting it mildly.

Not able to enjoy it..is more like It.

I’m so pissed to lose to the Mets and ‘drop’ to 30 games over 500.. .I’d light my neighbors house on fire.

Sadly, it wouldn’t burn as we are both basically under water...despite living on hills.

I concede the August Trophy.

Congrats.

Ehhh, what the Fluck...I’ll give you September as well...

1534301683443.gif

I was at tonight's game. The Phils' lineup just doesn't have what it takes to make a deep run. The Bosox spanked quite a few balls tonight that were caught, while the Phils did nothing save Hoskins' dinger.

Far be it from me to shed a tear for the Yankees. But, their season has been incredible, yet dwarfed by what the Sox are doing. One and done vs. the A's?

I hear the A's a coming, they're coming down the tracks, who the fluck are you going to pitch against them?
Happ, Lynn and likely Jose Reyes...

DlOAiy_UwAAYzbE

2019 schedule.
Sox are starting the season on the West Coast as consideration for them giving up 2 home games for the London trip in June.
They get the Rockies as the home/home opponent also to save a road trip.

So after the opening trip they only go West one time.
2 Friday off days is really weird.

What a magical season. I turn 40 in February and the Sox haven’t won 100 games in my lifetime

If David Price can keep this up he could be a candidate to opt-out.
Price leaving after this year would be a win/win for everybody.
Price has the best ERA in the AL since the All-Star break.

If David Price can keep this up he could be a candidate to opt-out.
Price leaving after this year would be a win/win for everybody.
Price has the best ERA in the AL since the All-Star break.
would he leave for say 25 a year for 5 years? It would still be leaving money on the table but it would be closer.

would he leave for say 25 a year for 5 years? It would still be leaving money on the table but it would be closer.
He has 4 years at 24 per year left the first 3 years were front loaded because the Sox knew they had younger guys who would get bumps. So it’s 96 million left for Price after this year. He has made 32 million per year + 2 million a year deferred the first 3 years.

If Price could opt out and get 4-5 years 80-100 million he should do it.
He hates the Boston media and hates the pressure of Boston.
A team like the Cardinals would be a perfect spot for him.
If he can get close to the same money he has now guaranteed I bet he would opt-out.
It’s not like he would be going from 4-96 to 4-50 he would likely get close to the same moneyz like 4-88 or 5-90.

He has 4 years at 24 per year left the first 3 years were front loaded because the Sox knew they had younger guys who would get bumps. So it’s 96 million left for Price after this year. He has made 32 million per year + 2 million a year deferred the first 3 years.

If he can get close to the same money he has now guaranteed I bet he would opt-out.
It’s not like he would be going from 4-96 to 4-50 he would likely get close to the same moneyz like 4-88 or 5-90.
I won't shed a tea if he opts out. But the team is supposed to be very close. And it would be tough to walk away from a team with this kind of talent.

If David Price opts out that would be the ultimate cherry on top of this amazing season. It’s something so great I hadn’t even thought it possible.

What a magical season. I turn 40 in February and the Sox haven’t won 100 games in my lifetime
Didn’t realize they had sucked that bad.

I’ve seen 8.

“Magical” huh???

Interesting...

Have the patsies teach you how to make a really wicked cool regular season banner.

Didn’t realize they had sucked that bad.

I’ve seen 8.

“Magical” huh???

Interesting...

Have the patsies teach you how to make a really wicked cool regular season banner.
Lol don’t even bring up the Patriots they spoiled the region to where the regular season doesn’t matter and the divisional round is taken for granted.
It’s a 2 game season.

Yankees fans were never that spoiled.

Also the Sox have won 98 games 4 times. They haven’t gotten 100 because they haven’t pushed for it.
2013, 2007, 2004 they all had high 90s and shut it down to get healthy and rotate players in.

Just like the Yankees this year could win 100 games if they cared but they won’t and it will shut down once they have HFA for the WC.
By the way you guys need to discuss who gets the ball in the one game playoff Happ or Severino.

Also look out for Houston. If it’s Verlander in the 1 game playoff LOL.

Where do you see those numbers? I quick look at spotrac has the Sox owing him 31M in '19, 32M in '20, 32m in '21 and 32m in '22

Lol don’t even bring up the Patriots they spoiled the region to where the regular season doesn’t matter and the divisional round is taken for granted.
It’s a 2 game season.

Yankees fans were never that spoiled.

Also the Sox have won 98 games 4 times. They haven’t gotten 100 because they haven’t pushed for it.
2013, 2007, 2004 they all had high 90s and shut it down to get healthy and rotate players in.

Just like the Yankees this year could win 100 games if they cared but they won’t and it will shut down once they have HFA for the WC.
By the way you guys need to discuss who gets the ball in the one game playoff Happ or Severino.

Also look out for Houston. If it’s Verlander in the 1 game playoff LOL.
Yankee fans have always been that spoiled.

Recently even.

From ‘96-‘03 they went 4-2 in the World Series.

That was a ‘is it October yet??...yawn’ time for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom