2018 Masters | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Masters

Tiger was the only guy that gave the money guys cause for concern. he took too many bets if he won they were taking a bit hit..

the bet was betting him outside the top 20..

One of the Brian Crowell, Mark Immelman announcing duo tried to tell us yesterday that Speith and Johnson had never been paired together in a major *coughUSOpenChambersBaycough*. Don't any of these guys prepare anymore? <SMH>

eh, nothing was proven. he was a stupid immature college kid. many of those, some have played for SU. he proudly went to the Olympics while others didn't. he's done great for the Ryder cup and presidents teams. he's matured.

I don't mind Reed. I did some stupid things when I was young, too. I only know about Reed from what I've seen these last few years, and especially in the Ryder Cup. It was nice to see someone with some compete in him, after too many Ryder Cup teams with passive automatons like Webb Simpson and Keegan Bradley who smile benignly, make pars and go home quietly after yet another loss.

But it was quite obvious after yesterday's interviews (in which Reed was gentlemanly, humble and polite) that McIlroy, who came to Augusta on a mission to begin with, now can't wait to take a chunk out of him. It should be some fun again. :)

Who wins? Reed - I don't like him, but I don't think he will fold under pressure
Who do you want to win? Anyone but Reed, but Fowler or McIlroy would be great

Crazy story on the golf channel this morning which I hadnt heard about Reed and his wife. A few years ago at a hotel during a golf tournament, Reeds wife was taking a bath. Reed heard a thump in the bathroom so he went to check and found his wife having a grand mal seizure and submerged underwater. He pulled her out while still having the seizure and doctors later told him 15 more seconds and her lungs would have been completely full of water and she would have drowned. Scary.

Who wins? Reed - I don't like him, but I don't think he will fold under pressure
Who do you want to win? Anyone but Reed, but Fowler or McIlroy would be great

I'd be pleased with any of the three. The real question is, if McIlroy wins, will Cheeto go on another anti-foreigner twitter spasm, or will he tweet congrats to "my great friend Rory?" :D

Must be a lot of golfers you guys hate for various reasons. Drugs, alcohol, accusations of cheating, insider trading etc. Tiger, Phil, Gary Player, Seve Ballesteros, John Daly, DJ, and many more.

Last edited:
Must be a lot of golfers you guys hate for various reasons. Drugs, alcohol, accusations of cheating, insider trading etc. Tiger, Phil, Gary Player, Seve Ballesteros, John Daly, DJ, and many more.

Is it a surprise? Fans are fans for a reason. We like who we like and hate who we hate. There is not always some great rational for any of it.

Nerves on #1

Rory has the gods with him this weekend.. he could easily have had 4-5 of these drives get into trouble and every one has ended up ok. on top of 2 chips that wouldnt even led to makeable putts go in.

Bubba putting into the bunker was something I had not seen before.

It's been an eventful weekend that way. Sergio tin cups 5 into the water on Thursday, Phil whifs on Saturday, and Bubba putts into the bunker today. All of them remarkable.

edit: And now Paul Casey plays through Amen Corner in 8 strokes. Wow, just wow.

Last edited:
Would love to see 4-5 of these guys be within 1 stroke with 3-4 holes to play. Rahm and Spieth are on a roll and Fowler’s still right there.

This. Guy is a total a-hole. Will be pulling for the field today.
Also not really the best "look" or "ambassador" for the game of golf if you know what I mean...

Also not really the best "look" or "ambassador" for the game of golf if you know what I mean...

I don’t think winning a major makes anyone the ambassador for the game.

Nor do I think anyone gives a rats arse about what he may or may not have done years ago.

LETS GO REED!!!!

Or ANY AMERICAN!!

I like McElroy, but he’s won enough.

Not the word probably .. just would rather have an athlete looking type... I mean if someone like Kiradech Aphibarnrat won it just isn't a great look for the sport.

That's just my opinion though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom