2018 NY Football Giants Off Season Title Quest Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2018 NY Football Giants Off Season Title Quest Thread

I knew somebody called it!!

I wa just going through hundreds of texts when I said...the SU board?? Checked and BOOM.

That said, I’m not a real big fan of it, but that gives us 2 guys to complete to be the heir.

You’ll learn to like the pick. Doesn’t have a big arm but has everything else. Arm strength can be developed. MVP of the senior bowl I think.

You’ll learn to like the pick. Doesn’t have a big arm but has everything else. Arm strength can be developed. MVP of the senior bowl I think.
I’m sure.

I just hate 3 QBs on the 53 when only 1 ever plays.

Hoping with the 5th round pick there’s a DE still on the board they like. Otherwise they may just go best available.

Wonder why that Crosby kid from Oregon is slipping? Graded as a 2nd round OT. Has to be injury related or off the field stuff.

What a waste. You have to be kidding me. Skip QB at #2 and draft one in the 4th?

Either go all in on Manning being the guy for the next 3-4 years or so or don't. But don't hedge with a fourth round pick.

Come on.

There are algorithms done by college kids that could have done a better job with this pick

Damn, Eagles just took the DE i was hoping would slide 10 more picks. Sweat from FSU.

Boom. Giants are killing it. Shurmur loves this kid. Perfect fit for his offense and has a chance to be as good as some of the higher rated QBs. Makes the Barkley pick even better.

With all of the teams that need either starting QBs or backup QBs the fact that this guy lasted to the 4th round should lead to curbing your enthusiasm a bit.

You know there’s a new front office?

Big whoop. So that assures that all of these guys are gonna be stars? They all look great on draft day.

Damn, Eagles just took the DE i was hoping would slide 10 more picks. Sweat from FSU.

Combine warrior that never did much in college. You may be able to get him off waivers cuz he's gonna have a hard time making that roster.

Big whoop. So that assures that all of these guys are gonna be stars? They all look great on draft day.

I’m sorry the Giants had a GREAT draft. Pretty much each player was graded better than where the Giants got them AND they all fulfilled a need. Can’t do better than that.

With all of the teams that need either starting QBs or backup QBs the fact that this guy lasted to the 4th round should lead to curbing your enthusiasm a bit.

He’s 2 years down the road. Not every team can/wants to do that even in the 5th. Pats were very interested too. I’m sure you think the ESPN guys are blah but they’ve been gushing about him. We’ll take him. You don’t have too.

I’m sorry the Giants had a GREAT draft. Pretty much each player was graded better than where the Giants got them AND they all fulfilled a need. Can’t do better than that.

Are you new to this draft thing? EVERY team will tell you how they were shocked their guy fell to them. Like I said, they all look great on draft day. It's ok to be geeked up about your team's draft but let's face it a lot of this is a crap shoot. It's a big transition from college to pro. There are can't miss guys that miss all of the time.

He’s 2 years down the road. Not every team can/wants to do that even in the 5th. Pats were very interested too. I’m sure you think the ESPN guys are blah but they’ve been gushing about him. We’ll take him. You don’t have too.

Hey he may be great, who knows? We'll see.

One interesting stat I read today - of the 44 starters in this year's SB - 18 of them were drafted in the 4th round or later.

Are you new to this draft thing? EVERY team will tell you how they were shocked their guy fell to them. Like I said, they all look great on draft day. It's ok to be geeked up about your team's draft but let's face it a lot of this is a crap shoot. It's a big transition from college to pro. There are can't miss guys that miss all of the time.

Really? Tell me something I don’t know.

One interesting stat I read today - of the 44 starters in this year's SB - 18 of them were drafted in the 4th round or later.

Happens all the time. But the only thing you can go by right now today is the quality of the player drafted and the need.

Hey he may be great, who knows? We'll see.

We will see. But he was a great pick at the spot. There’s a difference between teams needing a backup and a team needing a backup who could become a starter down the road. These teams looking for a back up will find one on free agency, the waiver wire or a trade. A team looking for a back up to be groomed to potentially be a starter in time will go the draft route.

We will see. But he was a great pick at the spot. There’s a difference between teams needing a backup and a team needing a backup who could become a starter down the road. These teams looking for a back up will find one on free agency, the waiver wire or a trade. A team looking for a back up to be groomed to potentially be a starter in time will go the draft route.

I agree with that but to be taken with the 108th pick it is obvious he has some limitations. Lots of teams in dire need of a QB now or in the near future and they passed on him.

Really? Tell me something I don’t know.

You're the one that used that as your rationale for why the NYG had a great draft. I'm waiting for the day a GM says "yeah not surprised he fell to us cuz he's just not that great."

UDFA signings by the NYFG:

Sean Chandler S - Temple
Aaron Davis CB - Georgia
Davon Grayson WR - ECU
Jawill Davis WR - Bethune-Cookman
Nick Gate OL - Nebraska
Grant Haley CB - PSU
Tae Davis OLB - Chattanooga
Evan Brown C - SMU
Charlie Callinan TE - BC
James Clark WR - VT

Last edited:
Good call on the Richmond qb.

If Baker Mayfield didn’t go first the Patriots media is reporting Belichick and Gettleman discussed the Pats trading 2 first round picks, 2 second round picks and next year’s one for the 2nd pick.
The trade fell apart after Mayfield went first.
Apparently he was the top rated QB by New England.