2018 SU vs Notre Dame at Yankee Stadium | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2018 SU vs Notre Dame at Yankee Stadium

Hearing several people talk about how Yankee Stadium is better than Metlife. I went to all Metlife games and both Pinstripe Bowls and feel like Metlife was a great place to watch a football game. Why do people feel Yankee Stadium is better?

I obviously don't want to lose any home games to NYC, but am fine with moving an away game.

ND used to move one home game per year to another/neutral site as a "Shamrock Series" game (2009-15).

This is just anther game like that. Not unusual for ND at all.

This might also put in motion moving our home game with ND to a location in NYC too.
We already moved 2 of our home games to MetLife in 2014 and 2016.
The good is ND atleast returning the favor for 1 of their home games.

We better not play another SU home game versus ND anywhere but the Dome.

We ARE DONE MOVING HOME GAMES.
The Dome is our homefield.
We sold home games when we were in the Big East and didn’t have the revenue annually from TV we have now.

ND is finally treating us with some respect. I don’t care if they do this every year they picked their home game with us for it.
We lost 2 home games for MetLife. This is a good thing from ND.

Hearing several people talk about how Yankee Stadium is better than Metlife. I went to all Metlife games and both Pinstripe Bowls and feel like Metlife was a great place to watch a football game. Why do people feel Yankee Stadium is better?

I obviously don't want to lose any home games to NYC, but am fine with moving an away game.

For people who live in NYC, mass transit to Yankee Stadium is better than to MetLife.

We sold home games when we were in the Big East and didn’t have the revenue annually from TV we have now.

ND is finally treating us with some respect. I don’t care if they do this every year they picked their home game with us for it.

Exactly. I'd be shocked if we moved our home game with them; since we already DID that once. I see this as them returning the favor. I'm sure the $$ is real good to.

While winning is tough no matter what, the neutral field is sure better than playing on their home field. The team logistics and travel are easier, any home field intimidation factor is gone and we'll have a good amount of fans there. This is a HUGE win for us, all upside.

M

You think Notre Dame is doing us a favor and treating us with respect?

Sure. Ok.

This might also put in motion moving our home game with ND to a location in NYC too.
Based on recent public comments, Dino Babers would be 100% against this. Pretty sure John Wildhack has indicated he is not interested in moving home games elsewhere either.

I assume this was done because Notre Dame really wanted to play in the NYC area and thought given our location and some past games between the schools in the areas, Syracuse would be a good opponent to play there.

M

You think Notre Dame is doing us a favor and treating us with respect?

Sure. Ok.
Don’t get me started on Notre Dame. I would prefer to never play them ever again in football. They aren’t worth the attention.

Still I would take neutral site at Yankee Stadium for there home game after we played our home games at MetLife.

They would fill Yankee Stadium with any team on there schedule next year. They chose our game thus a true road game is now a neutral field game.
So yes they did us a favor more of our fans can get secondary market tickets to YS over SB.

fwiw with our schedule being so tough, I don't mind losing a good home game if it came to it (not the case here i know) - there are plenty of good games and maybe we get better average attendance with fewer games. in the big east days, i was less enthused

fwiw with our schedule being so tough, I don't mind losing a good home game if it came to it (not the case here i know) - there are plenty of good games and maybe we get better average attendance with fewer games. in the big east days, i was less enthused
Every home game for every college P5 team is a major boost to that cities local economy.

We should never give up any home game for a neutral site game.
If we want to schedule a 2013 Penn State 1 off neutral site game fine.

We should play our home games in the Carrier Dome(unless it’s being renovated and unavailable).

Every home game for every college P5 team is a major boost to that cities local economy.

We should never give up any home game for a neutral site game.
If we want to schedule a 2013 Penn State 1 off neutral site game fine.

We should play our home games in the Carrier Dome(unless it’s being renovated and unavailable).

that may be the conspiracy theory. Maybe the Dome will be under construction at the time of the ND home game. Maybe we do another Shamrock like game with them when that is going on.

I doubt ND did this as some grand gesture. It was to get something back and it may be a neutral game when the Dome is getting redone.

that may be the conspiracy theory. Maybe the Dome will be under construction at the time of the ND home game. Maybe we do another Shamrock like game with them when that is going on.

I doubt ND did this as some grand gesture. It was to get something back and it may be a neutral game when the Dome is getting redone.

It's possible. That'll be 2022

We already gave up home games in 2014 and 2016.
We played those games at MetLife we aren’t moving anymore games.
ND wanted a game at YS. They threw us a bone and chose us to be their opponent as they had us on the schedule next year.

We already gave up home games in 2014 and 2016.
We played those games at MetLife we aren’t moving anymore games.
ND wanted a game at YS. They threw us a bone and chose us to be their opponent as they had us on the schedule next year.

Ok but if the Dome was under construction ... as he suggested...

Ok but if the Dome was under construction ... as he suggested...
Then don’t make the season we play ND at home a season of the construction.

If we needed to play a season on the road.
I would play 3 nonconference games on the road.
Play the 1-AA at Ithaca.
Play Clemson or Florida State at MetLife.
Play the other games between Yankee Stadium, Ralph Wilson.

This is great news. Not only do we move a road game from So Bend to NYC but this will be tremendous experience for Tommy Devito to face a big time program in a big time neutral site.

Nov 18th should be his 3rd or 4th start so hopefully he can work most of the butterflies out by then.

(We all know Dungey's Cuse career will be over by November)

This is great news. Not only do we move a road game from So Bend to NYC but this will be tremendous experience for Tommy Devito to face a big time program in a big time neutral site.

Nov 18th should be his 3rd or 4th start so hopefully he can work most of the butterflies out by then.

(We all know Dungey's Cuse career will be over by November)

That's one reaction to the news lol

Can we stop calling Yankee Stadium a neutral site for ND? It will be 75/25 at best, I'm assuming more of a 85/15. Playing ND in the Dome is damn near neutral.

For people who live in NYC, mass transit to Yankee Stadium is better than to MetLife.
True, but who mass transits to a football game??

This is great news, but there will not be real Tailgating, this will all be done in the bars.

Still fun, just different.

See u all at The Dugout or Billy’s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom