2018 SU vs Notre Dame at Yankee Stadium | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2018 SU vs Notre Dame at Yankee Stadium

I don't know, I mean even Greg Robinson won in South Bend. Least intimidating large stadium I've been to by far...

For all the gray skies, flat land, and strip malls, I have to say, the people were very nice.

Were you describing Syracuse with last sentence? ;)

This is fantastic news!

Absolutely, what's the catch? ND doesn't move home games to the opponents backyard for nothing. Though, at least Yankee stadium might be 40% SU. Does ND get the majority of tix, is it still officially an ND "home " game?

This is great news. Not only do we move a road game from So Bend to NYC but this will be tremendous experience for Tommy Devito to face a big time program in a big time neutral site.

Nov 18th should be his 3rd or 4th start so hopefully he can work most of the butterflies out by then.

(We all know Dungey's Cuse career will be over by November)

Are you hoping for that? Not a good look on your part.

Can we stop calling Yankee Stadium a neutral site for ND? It will be 75/25 at best, I'm assuming more of a 85/15. Playing ND in the Dome is damn near neutral.

Thought of that too. Still a better ratio than south bend. Any idea if ND is still officially the home team and gets the majority of ticket allotments?

Had big plans to make the road trip... now it will just be shorter ... go cuse

Were you describing Syracuse with last sentence? ;)

Next to South Bend, Armory Square looks like Dubai.

I’ll give you the gray sky though.

I will be really surprised if ND releases anywhere close to that many tickets for Syracuse fans. Of course, SU fans can try and buy them from ND, but I am not sure you can get them without being an ND donor, etc. Hoping we at least get 5K of tickets to distribute.
There will be plenty of tickets to be had. I was at the last ND game at Metlife and there were plenty of seats not filled.

Absolutely, what's the catch? ND doesn't move home games to the opponents backyard for nothing. Though, at least Yankee stadium might be 40% SU. Does ND get the majority of tix, is it still officially an ND "home " game?
Yes, it is officially a ND home game and tickets will be allocated as such apparently.

Which I kind of find funny, there were about 25,000 empty seats for the last game at MetLife, there will be plenty to buy on the open market.

They may want to allocate 5K to SU fans but they have to think about the venue making money as well.

Yes, it is officially a ND home game and tickets will be allocated as such apparently.

Which I kind of find funny, there were about 25,000 empty seats for the last game at MetLife, there will be plenty to buy on the open market.

They may want to allocate 5K to SU fans but they have to think about the venue making money as well.

Thanks for the info. With this being a true ND official home game, we might actually have a tough time with tix and only a 5k allotment will hurt our presence, obviously. Remember met like vs Yankee stadium is at least a 20k seat difference, more like 50k for fb at Yankee stadium. Might be a tough ticket for us.

The game was 3/4 full which is 12.5% more than Yankee can handle. And that was when ND was not ND.

The game was 3/4 full which is 12.5% more than Yankee can handle. And that was when ND was not ND.
Great, so it will be at capacity. There will still be tickets to be had cheap.

ND did it with BC at Fenway in 2015. These are Shamrock Series games for ND, meant to be home games transported far from South Bend. It is televised by NBC and ND gives the opponent 5,000 tickets. ND tries to make the field look like ND Stadium, brings its home PA announcer, etc...

It will be interesting to see whether Nike can out fugly Under Armour in that one. :cool:

ND’s UA uniforms have been awesome...and I am a ND hater (though a UA beneficiary).

the basketball team is scheduled to play at msg around the sametime

This has nothing to do with the opponent, or "respect".

It has to do with moving a home game and ND taking the show on the road for its fans in different areas of the country.

This is the same as any other Shamrock Series game against Washington State or Army or Miami in San Antonio, Chicago, Orlando, or anywhere else.
Terryd knows his stuff on ND...

ND basketball has a game scheduled for the 18-19 season already?

Edit: Nevermind, you're talking about Syracuse and the 2K Sports Classic.

If it’s the same as this year we’d play Thursday and Friday right?

I will plan on packing an extra liver for that 4 day weekend.

IF SU has a decent record by this game in late November (even though its not an SU home game) you could see ESPN Gameday at this game at Yankee Stadium or in Manhattan again possibly.

it looks like it

What about the very nice people?
Yeah they really weren't very nice to me as they tried to boot me, sober, no warning, no obnoxious behavior for the tiny bottle of JD. Luckily for me I was able to get the hitler usher who dragged me out to bring me to Capt. Blye the head man in charge where I was able bs him into staying...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Very happy to avoid that place, Yankee stadium here we come.

Last edited:

Please tell me this is happening

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom