2018 SU vs Notre Dame at Yankee Stadium | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2018 SU vs Notre Dame at Yankee Stadium

I may be in for this one. ESPECIALLY if it matches up with NYC basketball. My biggest issue will be flights back to AZ over Thanksgiving week. Maybe hit a women's game up in Syracuse first, and then go down to NYC. We shall see.
Will Dungey be in one piece for this game? In November? But of course we have Tommy DeVito, who may be our starter anyways, and if not, will be ready to step in at any time...
Hmmmm. Giving this some serious thought.

Are you hoping for that? Not a good look on your part.
lol of course I'm not hoping, i'm joking. But if you have any confidence Dungey is lasting a full season I sure would love to hear why.

The entire freakin team & season fell apart AGAIN, when he went down for the 3rd year in a row. At least next year when we lose our best player & leader at the most critical part of the season the Tommy Devito era will begin instead of us meekly turning to Mahoney or AJ Long (God Love 'em both)

Since I’ve been to south bend, which is nothing special, this is a great thing. Wish it were MetLife though. 10x better in every way. And I hope this doesn’t impact our future home game with them. Doubt it will.

Last edited:
Since I’ve been to south bend, which is nothing special, this is a great thing. Wish it were MetLife though. 10x better in every way. And I hope this doesn’t impact our future home game with them. Doubt it will.

Agreed...Tix will be hard to get. YS holds what about 47k for football? ND will control 42k of them. YS has about 15-20k decent seats for football. Weather will be a crapshoot.

Thought of that too. Still a better ratio than south bend. Any idea if ND is still officially the home team and gets the majority of ticket allotments?
ND is the home team and controls tickets as such.

True, but who mass transits to a football game??

This is great news, but there will not be real Tailgating, this will all be done in the bars.

Still fun, just different.

See u all at The Dugout or Billy’s
The dugout better be open

It's not hard. But coming from Brooklyn, I'd rather take the D to Yankee Stadium and be done with it as opposed to taking whichever train to Penn Station, then the NJT train to Secaucus, then a cab to MetLife.
theres actualy a connecting train from seacaucus to the stadium now

I was really looking forward to traveling to SB. Guess it has to wait for another time. Anyway, the logistics for this are easier for me. See y’all there!

PS where we tailgating?
Ohhh... Jeremy, Mike, Mark C. and I just nominated you to plan the tailgate.

Just kidding...we will be drinking in bars with Kaiser, King Otto, nycfan and the rest of Cuse NYC mafia.

Tailgating at YS isn't realistic to do something large scale.

Edit update: game will be televised on NBC at 2:30pm ET

Last edited:
The dugout better be open
It will.

Stan’s closes up shop after the Yankees end and is a little out of the way now anyway. I’m not sure if they ever opened with a cabaret license for Pinstripe Bowl or not.

You can get beer right now at the Dugout or Billy’s.

It will.

Stan’s closes up shop after the Yankees end and is a little out of the way now anyway. I’m not sure if they ever opened with a cabaret license for Pinstripe Bowl or not.

Drink in Manhattan and take a cab over...

It will.

Was it Stan's or Billy's where folks meet for the Pinstripe Bowl? All I remember was the place was skinny as hell and packed.

Stan's on their website said they open for special events.

Stan's Sports Bar – The Bronx's Best Bar For All The Home Games

Drink in Manhattan and take a cab over...
On a Saturday from the UES...5mins.

But stopping in Manhattan for anyone coming from LI, CT, Westchester or Jersey, is not really worth it. Interrupted traveling, sucks...I’ll be going straight to the Bronx.

Was it Stan's or Billy's where folks meet for the Pinstripe Bowl? All I remember was the place was skinny as hell and packed.

Stan's on their website said they open for special events.

Stan's Sports Bar – The Bronx's Best Bar For All The Home Games
Which 1?

The 1st one a bunch went to East End on the UES and then went up to the Bronx, I went there and then to the Dugout once up. The bar is narrow at the street entrance but opens up in back...it’s an L, on its head.

2nd 1, I went to Billy’s, which is huge, but also narrow at the street entrance.

Stan’s is small in general. Bar is in center, and elbow room on all sides is tough real estate to find and hold.

It will.

A block is out of the way? Jeez, I thought you New Yorkers didn't mind walking. Or in your case, your limo driver could just drop you off there.

A block is out of the way? Jeez, I thought you New Yorkers didn't mind walking. Or in your case, your limo driver could just drop you off there.
yes.

When you have to walk by 2 or 3 bars to get to the last 1 on the strip, only to find out there is a line to get in, then a 10-15 minute wait before u can get a beer, then be nose to nose with your buddies, so you decide to walk back to the pubs you passed and they have room, yes...out of the way.

yes.

When you have to walk by 2 or 3 bars to get to the last 1 on the strip, only to find out there is a line to get in, then a 10-15 minute wait before u can get a beer, then be nose to nose with your buddies, so you decide to walk back to the pubs you passed and they have room, yes...out of the way.

The situation you described seems more like you have a problem with the bar itself, and not the location, per se.

Last edited:
The situation you described seems more like you have a problem with the bar itself, and not the location, per se.
Sorta, I mean why go out of your way to subject yourself to that?

Been to Stan’s a gazillion times, maybe 5x since new stadium was built.

I understand why tourists would do it, but...

Out of the way.

lol of course I'm not hoping, i'm joking. But if you have any confidence Dungey is lasting a full season I sure would love to hear why.

The entire freakin team & season fell apart AGAIN, when he went down for the 3rd year in a row. At least next year when we lose our best player & leader at the most critical part of the season the Tommy Devito era will begin instead of us meekly turning to Mahoney or AJ Long (God Love 'em both)

Would people stop with this Dungey nonsense?

After this season, I am convinced he is crafted from steel. I'm not sure there's another QB in college football who could have taken the abuse he did and still been playing by the FSU game.

He's plenty durable. Give us an OL. Give us a run game. Give us some alternative to ED having to take over the game himself.

Sorry for the rant but the myth of Eric Dungey's fragility does not deserve support at this point.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom