2018 SU vs Notre Dame at Yankee Stadium | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2018 SU vs Notre Dame at Yankee Stadium

The tailgating there is so much worse. If NYC Fan can figure out how to use mass transit to get to MetLife it can’t be too hard.

It's not hard. But coming from Brooklyn, I'd rather take the D to Yankee Stadium and be done with it as opposed to taking whichever train to Penn Station, then the NJT train to Secaucus, then a cab to MetLife.

It's not hard. But coming from Brooklyn, I'd rather take the D to Yankee Stadium and be done with it as opposed to taking whichever train to Penn Station, then the NJT train to Secaucus, then a cab to MetLife.

Giants Stadium isn't train friendly. Even coming from DC I've done Yankee Stadium and back in a day, pretty easy.

Giants Stadium isn't train friendly. Even coming from DC I've done Yankee Stadium and back in a day, pretty easy.

DC to Newark to Secaucus to MetLife should be easier than DC to Penn to 145th to YS

DC to Newark to Secaucus to MetLife should be easier than DC to Penn to 145th to YS

Yeah, but there are way more fun stops between Penn and 145th. That alone can be the tailgate.

I guess this is good news. I enjoy going to games at ND's stadium and combining it with a visit to Chicago, one of my favorites cities to visit.

I like the proximity with Yankee Stadium but there are no good seats for football in that stadium. It is a horrendous place to watch a game, especially in late November. The seats close to the field are in the endzones and the seats near the 50 yard line are far from the field. I think they all face towards 2nd base too, which makes it awkward to follow the action most of the time.

The tailgating is not great either.

I made it through the Pinstripe Bowl games though so I will make it through this too. Hopefully we get a decent number of seats reserved for Syracuse fans...

Can we stop calling Yankee Stadium a neutral site for ND? It will be 75/25 at best, I'm assuming more of a 85/15. Playing ND in the Dome is damn near neutral.
Yeah. Although, if it looks like we're going bowling, or have a similar record to ND, it may just bring in another 10% of cuse fans. At least they'll be some noise for orange.

I guess this is good news. I enjoy going to games at ND's stadium and combining it with a visit to Chicago, one of my favorites cities to visit.

I like the proximity with Yankee Stadium but there are no good seats for football in that stadium. It is a horrendous place to watch a game, especially in late November. The seats close to the field are in the endzones and the seats near the 50 yard line are far from the field. I think they all face towards 2nd base too, which makes it awkward to follow the action most of the time.

I made it through the Pinstripe Bowl games though so I will make it through this too. Hopefully we get a decent number of seats reserved for Syracuse fans...

Yeah, the best seats to watch a football game at Yankee stadium might be in the upper deck.

Can we stop calling Yankee Stadium a neutral site for ND? It will be 75/25 at best, I'm assuming more of a 85/15. Playing ND in the Dome is damn near neutral.
I will be really surprised if ND releases anywhere close to that many tickets for Syracuse fans. Of course, SU fans can try and buy them from ND, but I am not sure you can get them without being an ND donor, etc. Hoping we at least get 5K of tickets to distribute.

Don’t get me started on Notre Dame. I would prefer to never play them ever again in football. They aren’t worth the attention.

Still I would take neutral site at Yankee Stadium for there home game after we played our home games at MetLife.

They would fill Yankee Stadium with any team on there schedule next year. They chose our game thus a true road game is now a neutral field game.
So yes they did us a favor more of our fans can get secondary market tickets to YS over SB.

That conclusion seems inescapable. Going from a road game to neutral site is a major win for SU.

Last edited:
I will be really surprised if ND releases anywhere close to that many tickets for Syracuse fans. Of course, SU fans can try and buy them from ND, but I am not sure you can get them without being an ND donor, etc. Hoping we at least get 5K of tickets to distribute.

Normally, ND allocates Shamrock Series "home" game tickets as if it were being played at Notre Dame Stadium.

Just like any other home game, the opponent gets 5,000 tickets and the game is televised by NBC.

We ARE DONE MOVING HOME GAMES.
The Dome is our homefield.
We sold home games when we were in the Big East and didn’t have the revenue annually from TV we have now.

ND is finally treating us with some respect. I don’t care if they do this every year they picked their home game with us for it.
We lost 2 home games for MetLife. This is a good thing from ND.

This has nothing to do with the opponent, or "respect".

It has to do with moving a home game and ND taking the show on the road for its fans in different areas of the country.

This is the same as any other Shamrock Series game against Washington State or Army or Miami in San Antonio, Chicago, Orlando, or anywhere else.

That conclusion seems inescapable. Going from a road game to neutral site is a major win for SU.

I don't know, I mean even Greg Robinson won in South Bend. Least intimidating large stadium I've been to by far...

For all the gray skies, flat land, and strip malls, I have to say, the people were very nice.

Reactions: CIL
Shamrock series = ND wearing really, really ffugly uniforms.

The venues cannot even be debated.

1 is built for football, the other for baseball.

The best seat at Yankee Stadium, view wise, would be the absolute worst at Giants Stadium.

If everyone is gung ho to play at a baseball field, citi would be the better choice so we could all tailgate.

But this is fun, can’t believe it will have been 6 years since the last one.

Just make sure if you are pre-partying in Manhattan, don’t get in a cab with bayside.

I was really looking forward to traveling to SB. Guess it has to wait for another time. Anyway, the logistics for this are easier for me. See y’all there!

PS where we tailgating?

You talking to me? Guess you don’t remember the last game at Met Life. The hotel bar? The tailgate?

I remember half of the hotel bar, and the tailgate was the reason I don't remember the 2nd half of the game. Noon starts kill me.

Edit - I was talking to UEO lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom