2019 MLB Playoffs thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2019 MLB Playoffs thread

Roberts sucks in the playoffs. Moronic not to start Ryu game 2

It was a tough choice with Beuhler, Kershaw, Ryu.

Almost unreasonable to expect a coach to be ballsy enough not to give Kershaw a shot at 2 starts, even with his October mediocrity.

But I could see Ryu over WB.

Bidding starts at 8/250?

Too high, too low? Too long?
I see that as the ballpark.
Dodgers, Angels, Padres, Giants all will have interest and I see one of those CA teams signing him.

Almost unreasonable to expect a coach to be ballsy enough not to give Kershaw a shot at 2 starts, even with his October mediocrity.

Ryu is lights out at Dodger Stadium. Watching Kershaw without a curveball was painful last night. Love Kershaw. And if I want to beat the Padres in July he’s my guy. But his playoff performances speak for themselves.

I’m wrong all the time but I’ve got bad vibes with this team. Bellinger has vanished. Pollock is flailing away and batting 3rd for some unknown reason.

I'm talking about their playoff record and their track record against the yankees.
Again, their payroll is a little over 1/2 that of the Yankees.
They shouldn't even make the postseason and, when they do, they should have no shot at beating the Yankees.

Yankees-Twins is like Chiefs-Dolphins or Clemson-SU. On paper, it is a total mismatch. The big surprise would be if the Twins were actually able to beat the Yankees.

Again, their payroll is a little over 1/2 that of the Yankees.
They shouldn't even make the postseason and, when they do, they should have no shot at beating the Yankees.

Yankees-Twins is like Chiefs-Dolphins or Clemson-SU. On paper, it is a total mismatch. The big surprise would be if the Twins were actually able to beat the Yankees.
Can they beat the yankees once?

what made it risky are ryu's home/road splits. he has often struggled on the road this year. roberts was banking on kersh winning, willing to risk a game 3 loss, so he could have clayton available out of the pen in game 5 if necessary.

Reporting back late but I had quite an experience at the Wild Card game Wednesday. Took the BART into Oakland Coliseum, the crowd management on the train was decent there but it took about 30 minutes to get into the game. Attendance was 54,000. I had purchased my tickets directly from the A's website but found a man with his kid in my seat when I got to the game. He had been sold fakes off of Vividseats but insisted that I had the fakes. I told security about the situation but they said their hands were tied since both of our tickets scanned. It took 3 innings to get an "official" event representative to closely examine the barcodes. I was finally able to sit in my seats in the 5th inning after watching the previous innings from the space in the tunnel. By then, the game was 5-1... The game was completely sold out except for some seats on "Mount Davis" (the large bleacher way out in the outfield) the nosebleeds of all nosebleeds so I was not about to go find other seats. Anyways, the A's atmosphere is pretty cool, people are allowed to bring in drums and horns so there's a number of crazy characters there. Leaving the game was a disaster- here's a pic of everyone trying to get on BART after the game.
9tg2bq22geq31.jpg
DId u get that arsehole, who was too stupid to realize that he was on an unofficial site to buy his tickets, thrown out?

what made it risky are ryu's home/road splits. he has often struggled on the road this year. roberts was banking on kersh winning, willing to risk a game 3 loss, so he could have clayton available out of the pen in game 5 if necessary.

The game 2 starter is available as a game 5 starter on FULL rest. Due to the extra days off -- so it's just not about having him available as a reliever.

The game 2 starter is available as a game 5 starter on FULL rest. Due to the extra days off -- so it's just not about having him available as a reliever.
yeah, but that was not roberts' plan. he discussed on the dodgers radio station when he announced buehler would start game 1

What a game! Pitcher's duels can be fun and entertaining too. Glad my Braves got the win. Neither Soroka or Wainwright deserved to lose.

GOOOO NATS!!

Why do teams with crappy bullpens, or even good bullpens, rush to pull out a starter who is pitching well.

Yes, the analytics that a pitcher will do worse the third turn around. But if the pitcher is going strong, even if he loses it a bit he will still likely pitch well.

Sanchez had only thrown 87 pitches. 4 hits in 5 innings, and 1 earned run.

But teams rush to the pen for the mystery round and also burn out the bullpen and turn starters out of rhythm by making them pitch a few innings in refief.
Saw the same mistake multiple times in the playoffs last season.

Why do teams with crappy bullpens, or even good bullpens, rush to pull out a starter who is pitching well.

Yes, the analytics that a pitcher will do worse the third turn around. But if the pitcher is going strong, even if he loses it a bit he will still likely pitch well.

But teams rush to the pen for the mystery round and also burn out the bullpen and turn starters out of rhythm by making them pitch a few innings in refief.
madison bumgarner effect

Especially when if the Nationals studied the analytics they would see Corbin’s worst inning as a pitcher is his first inning.
That type of SP isn’t a pitcher to use as a rover.

This sixth inning is turning into a crazy inning.

Not quite game 5, 7th inning, Jays vs Rangers in 2015, but still crazy stuff.

Especially when if the Nationals studied the analytics they would see Corbin’s worst inning as a pitcher is his first inning.
That type of SP isn’t a pitcher to use as a rover.

2 outs and 2 strikes to Russell Martin. Gimme that any day.

Fernando Rodney's hat bugged me when he pitched here, and it still does. Also, get off my lawn.

That is true for most starting pitchers because it is the only inning where one is guaranteed to be facing the top of the lineup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom