2019 NHL playoffs | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2019 NHL playoffs

If you have several elite young talents , you’re hosed .leafs have marner, Matthews , nylander ...this makes it difficult to even have one not so good contract with the cap .. the margins shouldn’t be so razor thin .. owners def owned the players after the last work stoppage
Leafs will be fine you can’t keep everyone in any sport but baseball because of the cap.
Leafs did pay Tavares a lot of money this past offseason and that is probably Marner’s money.
They would be smart to trade Marner for a top 10 pick in this draft and get a young cheap defensemen as the Leafs have enough speed on their two lines even without Marner.
The forward depth for Toronto is elite.
They just don’t even have a defenseman as good as Brandon Carlo and he is the Bruins 2nd best young defensemen behind McAvoy.
Reilly is a good offensive defensemen but his defense wasn’t that great and he was probably the best Toronto D men in that series just now.

Leafs will be fine you can’t keep everyone in any sport but baseball because of the cap.
Leafs did pay Tavares a lot of money this past offseason and that is probably Marner’s money.
They would be smart to trade Marner for a top 10 pick in this draft and get a young cheap defensemen as the Leafs have enough speed on their two lines even without Marner.
The forward depth for Toronto is elite.
They just don’t even have a defenseman as good as Brandon Carlo and he is the Bruins 2nd best young defensemen behind McAvoy.
Reilly is a good offensive defensemen but his defense wasn’t that great and he was probably the best Toronto D men in that series just now.
Marleau will retire or be traded back to San Jose for one last swan song season.
Gardiner is gone.
Boom, 10 million in salary freed up. There is Marners money.
Leafs are deep in the minors with D.
Salary cap going up next year.
All is well in Leaf nation

Marleau will retire or be traded back to San Jose for one last swan song season.
Gardiner is gone.

Jake Gardner is the darling of stat heads yet he’s freaking terrible in my opinion

Jake Gardner is the darling of stat heads yet he’s freaking terrible in my opinion

Of course you know, according to the Toronto media the sun doesn't shine until the Leafs get up.

‘Canes sweep the Islanders. Huge coming off a tough 7 game series with the Caps.

“Bunch of Jerks” headed to the Eastern Conference Finals.

NHL playoffs: buy a ticket, everybody has a chance.

The NHL sucks.
If that is goalie interference this sport deserves the chit ratings.
My god.

My Rangers didn't make it, but did get the #2 pick tonight. Rooting against Isles and Pittsburgh. Good that they're playing each other. Once the other one loses I don't care who wins.

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Need the Stars to win tomorrow night. If they get to the Western Conference Finals, the Rangers get a 1st round pick from them. Go Stars!

The NHL sucks.
If that is goalie interference this sport deserves the chit ratings.
My god.

And McAvoy should've gotten 5 and a game.

Let's see if he's suspended. My guess is that he won't be.

And McAvoy should've gotten 5 and a game.

Let's see if he's suspended. My guess is that he won't be.
D57O1KxWAAUYx3b

The ref called it correct unless he believes McAvoy intended to deliberately hurt the Columbus player.
Which he clearly didn’t intend to injury Anderson there.

It was a shoulder to the head - pretty clear intent to injure, IMO.

It was a shoulder to the head - pretty clear intent to injure, IMO.
I can’t tell you what to think but if that was deliberate intent to injury then pretty much every check is intent to injury.
McAvoy has no history with Anderson he committed text book illegal check to head which is a minor.

I can’t tell you what to think but if that was deliberate intent to injury then pretty much every check is intent to injury.
McAvoy has no history with Anderson he committed text book illegal check to head which is a minor.

Did McAvoy target Anderson's head? Sure looked like it to me.

I think McAvoy got properly called for a penalty an illegal check to the head.
It can’t be a major penalty by the rule.
It can only be a game misconduct if the ref believed McAvoy deliberately was trying to take out Anderson.
That wasn’t a clear deliberate elbow to the head thus it was properly called.
McAvoy clearly was guilty of the illegal hit but he wasn’t trying to take Anderson out it was a mistake and he got the penalty he deserved.
Columbus got all of the rest of the breaks in this game from the refs.
Boston was able to outgrind the Jackets this series.

The NHL didn’t want a Columbus-Carolina ECF. Boston gives them atleast one original 6 team in the final 4 for fans to root against.

"Principal point of contact" was the head. It's been 5 and the game all year, but this year's playoffs have been ridiculous in what they have suddenly stopped calling.

"Principal point of contact" was the head. It's been 5 and the game all year, but this year's playoffs have been ridiculous in what they have suddenly stopped calling.
It can’t be 5 by the rule. Illegal check to the head isn’t a major penalty. I posted the rule already.
The only way it’s a game if McAvoy was deliberately trying to take out Anderson which is pretty obvious he wasn’t.

Unless it was deemed to be an intent to injure...
It was an illegal check to the head. The ref called it correctly.
The refs called the same penalty on the Jackets game 3 when they took a run on Backes
That was called a minor as well.

so you can get a bigger penalty for an unintentional high stick to the head than you can for an intentional check to the head.. nice rule..

if he didnt want to hit him in the head then he leads with the hip..

now i have to reread the college rule on this.. i saw multiple guys tossed for accidental hits to the head this year.

The problem comes from the inconsistency with how that situation is handled. In the first place, the rule is poorly written, for no referee can know what's in a player's mind, nor can he determine a player's intent with any degree of consistency or accuracy. It's absurd to write intent into the rules. Intent means nothing, it's the result that's ruled on. If a player accidentally shoots the puck over the glass from his own end, he gets a minor penalty. It does not matter that he didn't intend to do so. Same with offsides. If a player unintentionally goes offside, it's a violation of the rule, period. If a player unintentionally directs the puck into his own net, it's a goal, period.

Many identical situations this year have been penalized with a match penalty - that is, 5 minutes and the game. Last year Drew Doughty was suspended for a game after an almost identical hit on William Carrier (Google it) although there was no penalty on the play. However in its medieval wisdom, the league has decided to suspend the entire rule book for the playoffs this year. There is almost no consistency in NHL officiating. The league wants as much violence as they can get away with because that's what sells tickets.

I think everyone in the NHL outside of Boston is going full Carolina.

Gardiner is gone.
I will applaud you if you can move Marleau and sign Marner under 10.

I will applaud you if you can move Marleau and sign Marner under 10.
Also, the Leafs are currently 3.8 Million under the salary cap. Plus, the 5.3 million they have been paying Nathan Horton for the last 6 yrs not to play , comes off the books

1 game suspension for McAvoy.

Is that an admission on the part of the NHL that their refs screwed up the on-ice call?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom