2019 NHL playoffs | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2019 NHL playoffs

Hockey any team can win any series.
It’s not like I don’t think the Bruins could lose.
They played the game you cited with Pastarnik out injured. Pasta is one of their best players.
Blues could beat the Bruins.
I just think the Bruins are the best team left and the Sharks have the second most talent of the 4 left.
And the Blues were without Schenn. But this was right in the middle of the Bruins’ best stretch of the season.

The Sharks have better top line talent. The Blues have better goaltending and defense, and they’re just as deep, if not deeper. And they’re great on the road.

The Blues have killed themselves so far this series with turnovers. The Sharks counter is ridiculous. If the Blues clean up the unforced errors, you’ll get your wish.

Be careful what you wish for.

Anyone but Boston.

- The Whole NHL
I guess the refs in Toronto agree with you.
That goalie interference was bad. If that was a Carolina goal it is allowed.

I guess the refs in Toronto agree with you.
That goalie interference was bad. If that was a Carolina goal it is allowed.
I mean sure but fans of all teams not named Boston will be cheering against the Bruins in the final and I am actually not being hyperbolic. But who people cheer for doesn’t win a series.

I mean embrace it isn’t a bad thing, I guess, your a pats fan nothing much different right. Sometimes it’s fun to be the most hated can usually mean your doing something right (more so in the pats case then the bruins but I digress).

Anyways, Canes are done.

Binnington would be the 3rd best goalie the Bruins would have faced behind Anderson and Bobrovsky.
BTW, what are you basing this off of? Name recognition? Sure, Anderson and Bobrovsky have been great year after year, but this year Binnington finished with the lowest GAA and 4th in save percentage. Right now he’s better.

I mean sure but fans of all teams not named Boston will be cheering against the Bruins in the final and I am actually not being hyperbolic. But who people cheer for doesn’t win a series.

I mean embrace it isn’t a bad thing, I guess, your a pats fan nothing much different right. Sometimes it’s fun to be the most hated can usually mean your doing something right (more so in the pats case then the bruins but I digress).

Anyways, Canes are done.
Yeah the country hating Boston sports teams doesn’t bother me at all. When you win people hate you.
Damn the Celtics for melting down and preventing a Boston slam.

BTW, what are you basing this off of? Name recognition? Sure, Anderson and Bobrovsky have been great year after year, but this year Binnington finished with the lowest GAA and 4th in save percentage. Right now he’s better.
Nobody in the NHL takes Binnington over Bobrovsky. Nobody. You can argue Anderson but still I would say one year doesn’t make him better.

Bruins will be favored against either Western team.

Nobody in the NHL takes Binnington over Bobrovsky. Nobody. You can argue Anderson but still I would say one year doesn’t make him better.

Bruins will be favored against either Western team.
The stats don’t lie.

You’re trying to move the goalposts again. I never said the Bruins wouldn’t be favored.

The Bruins are the one Boston team that doesn't bother me if they win, so

Image result for dennis green crown their ass

The Blues were robbed.

Could be worse - could have lost the Stanley Cup on a BS goal, or lost a playoff game on a goal that went through the side of the net...

#NoGoal #NoGoal2

I mean, that was obvious in live action...Nyquist didn't immediately touch the puck for a reason.

What were the refs watching?

I know it’s not reviewable but how do FOUR on ice officials miss it ? Even if you didn’t see it directly , you could see an obvious batting motion to the puck .. so he clearly makes a batting motion and lo and behold the puck goes directly in the direction of the bat.. the guy gets an assist right ? How do you see the assist but not the hand pass ?

I know it’s not reviewable but how do FOUR on ice officials miss it ? Even if you didn’t see it directly , you could see an obvious batting motion to the puck .. so he clearly makes a batting motion and lo and behold the puck goes directly in the direction of the bat.. the guy gets an assist right ? How do you see the assist but not the hand pass ?

Part of the problem is the lead ref was screened off by the net and a few bodies around it. The other one (trail) was out near the blue line and he was straight-lined on the play by the body of the guy who made the hand pass. (It's been all over the sports channels up here). And the two linesmen (read: different responsibilities) were out at the blue (he was also screened) and red lines (too far away), where they're supposed to be.

I know you'd think one would have gotten it, but it was just a miss at a bad time. A couple of things - these playoffs have been notable for bad misses - Pavelski, McAvoy, at least two blatantly obvious pucks over the glass, the puck in the netting that was missed and then shot into the goal. Another point is that no one can ever recall a similar play where a hand pass lead to a goal in the playoffs, let alone in OT. So there's the question of why change something based on an exceedingly rare incident?

The talent on this Carolina roster is so mediocre.
I mean they could comeback here in the 3rd but my goodness this team is miles behind the Toronto Maple Leafs and even the Columbus Blue Jackets.

This is suppose to be the Eastern Conference Finals.

Go Blues! I don’t root for 90’s or later expansion/relocated teams. And I don’t root for Boston.

The talent on this Carolina roster is so mediocre.
I mean they could comeback here in the 3rd but my goodness this team is miles behind the Toronto Maple Leafs and even the Columbus Blue Jackets.

This is suppose to be the Eastern Conference Finals.
Most of the guys are younger that’s why. They’re not a conference final team but they’ll continue on an upward trend.

Part of the problem is the lead ref was screened off by the net and a few bodies around it. The other one (trail) was out near the blue line and he was straight-lined on the play by the body of the guy who made the hand pass. (It's been all over the sports channels up here). And the two linesmen (read: different responsibilities) were out at the blue (he was also screened) and red lines (too far away), where they're supposed to be.

I know you'd think one would have gotten it, but it was just a miss at a bad time. A couple of things - these playoffs have been notable for bad misses - Pavelski, McAvoy, at least two blatantly obvious pucks over the glass, the puck in the netting that was missed and then shot into the goal. Another point is that no one can ever recall a similar play where a hand pass lead to a goal in the playoffs, let alone in OT. So there's the question of why change something based on an exceedingly rare incident?
It’s the playoffs, everything should be reviewable. Or, at the very least, all scoring plays. Like Steve said, they gave Meier the assist. That’s just absurd.

All four officials are done for the playoffs. Sent home. That says a lot. So does FanDuel returning the money for anyone who bet on the Blues.

Problem is, I don’t think the Blues will recover. This will be the thing that finally gets to Binnington.

I expect a blowout tonight, probably for the Sharks. If the Blues get the blowout, though, they’ll win the series. I’m just not confident they’ll overcome this type of adversity.

It’s the playoffs, everything should be reviewable. Or, at the very least, all scoring plays. Like Steve said, they gave Meier the assist. That’s just absurd.

All four officials are done for the playoffs. Sent home. That says a lot. So does FanDuel returning the money for anyone who bet on the Blues.

Problem is, I don’t think the Blues will recover. This will be the thing that finally gets to Binnington.

I expect a blowout tonight, probably for the Sharks. If the Blues get the blowout, though, they’ll win the series. I’m just not confident they’ll overcome this type of adversity.

They're going to run out of officials at this rate. :) But truthfully they're being scapegoated because the job has grown closer to impossible. First, NHL officials are like all others, in that no one wants the right call more than they do. But the speed of the players and thus the game has increased so dramatically they officials can't catch it all. They need to move to the international ice surface so there's better separation between the players, which also allows for better play, but also helps the refs to better see the play.

Beyond that is the inverted snobbery that says, "This is a man's game and real men don't need rules and refs!" That's something that has been a problem for a long time. I think the playoffs should be played with the same rules as the regular season, or otherwise the regular season means nothing. But this is why I think the refs are being scapegoated: They're told to "let the players decide the game" which means they're reluctant to blow the whistle for only blatant infractions. And when it's all over, they have no voice with which to respond.

I don't mind seeing all this blow up in Bettman's face. He's been a smug jackwad for far too long. But the owners are making more $$$ than ever, so they all support him almost implicitly. Or at least they have up to now.

Here's a good article here about the whole affair:

The Sharks have benefitted from the refs 3 times now.
Game 7 against Vegas
Game 7 against Colorado
Game 3 against St. Louis

Refs need to screw them on a call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online