2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread

Who was Markelle Fultz the next?
Who was Jahlil Okafor the next?
Who was Lonzo Ball the next?

And that’s if you’re even lucky enough to get number 1 and 2.
I think the best bet is to establish a winning culture and a solid organization. That, along with being New York City will make it a destination for free agents. The draft works great for great talent evaluators, but you still don’t necessarily keep the players in their prime.

I couldn’t watch tonight but the box score says we only had 4 turnovers?!!! Can you only turn it over 4 times and lose? I guess so. Wow

edit: The more I think about it that’s impossible. Have to check another box score. It would be a franchise record.

Knicks appeared set for another comeback at end of Q3, but small ball didn't work and previously deadly "Quivers" arrows missed target -guards in general had a bad game, esp Payton.
Gave up a lot of 2nd half points, though Randle bounced back after foul trouble/bad 1st half.
They sagged-off Randle, but he passed up the open 3's.
Energy appeared down a bit -the young OKC team played with more energy. Unusual for Knicks to get out-hustled this season, but they have played with so much energy not surprised maybe some fatigue.
Obviously teams now had a chance to game plan for the New Knicks, so next week or so may determine whether the promising start continues with some roller-coaster dips, or Knicks fall back to where most projected them this season. OKC was game Knicks need the W -missed opp.
Knicks bounced-back nicely from the Raptors Debacle, so Nuggets game will be interesting.

-Expected to see a post from the Tank Commander after the off game!

Emoni Bates in 2022 is the next Lebron. Cade Cunningham in 2021 is being compared to best case Oscar Robertson worse case Grant Hill.

I'll take my chances. Knicks go out and grab a superstar like Bradley Beal then that changes things.
Emoni might be ‘23.

in no world is Cade Cunningham close to Oscar. None. Zero.

I like Cade, but you’re way way overvaluing him.

it’s too bad we didn’t get Halliburton this year.

Quickley must have been in front of Thibs at the team meal line and taken the last Jello. That's why Thibs is not starting him at this point. Thibs hates young players.

Lineup should be
Robinson
Randle
Toppin
Barrett
Quickley

No reason Peyton should be starting over Quickley, and Bullock starting over Toppin.

Another game and Quickley and Toppin are not starting. Quickley should be starting over Payton and Toppin over Bullock.

What a joke Thibs is.

Another game and Quickley and Toppin are not starting. Quickley should be starting over Payton and Toppin over Bullock.

What a joke Thibs is.
Hulk the Knicks are .500 thru 16 games not many people in the league had them that good.
The only joke is the fact you don’t get Thibs knows what he is doing.
Starting doesn’t matter getting the rookies playing time is all that matter.
Playing them against second units helps their confidence.

Hulk the Knicks are .500 thru 16 games not many people in the league had them that good.
The only joke is the fact you don’t get Thibs knows what he is doing.
Starting doesn’t matter getting the rookies playing time is all that matter.
Playing them against second units helps their confidence.

Thibs is a washed up out of touch HC who was fired from his last Job. RJ Barrett is becoming a Superstar just a matter of time before Thibs alienate him just like he does every Superstar player aside from Jimmy Butler. Now that we are building a winning culture with young talent core which superstar are we going to get with Thibs as HC ? BTW, Trade deadline we need to trade Julius Randle we could get multiple first round picks and young talent assets.

hasnt Toppin been injured much of the last couple weeks?

He has. And there was barely any preseason, no summer league, short camp, etc. And he hasn’t done anything yet.

Hulk doesn’t get it.

Thibs is a washed up out of touch HC who was fired from his last Job. RJ Barrett is becoming a Superstar just a matter of time before Thibs alienate him just like he does every Superstar player aside from Jimmy Butler. Now that we are building a winning culture with young talent core which superstar are we going to get with Thibs as HC ? BTW, Trade deadline we need to trade Julius Randle we could get multiple first round picks and young talent assets.

Thibs is developing Barrett and getting Randle to play the best ball of his career.

Early strong candidate for coach of the year.

You gotta sit this one out, Hulk.

Thibs give your team credibility.
He is building a winning culture like the Nets did the previous years before they got their FAs.
Derrick Rose admits Thibs got the best out of him and helped win a MVP.
You aren’t getting multiple first round picks for Randle.
Cmon Hulk, you know better.

Thibs is developing Barrett and getting Randle to play the best ball of his career.

Early strong candidate for coach of the year.

You gotta sit this one out, Hulk.

I want Thibs gone, cause I know where this is headed and I want to trade Randle at the trade deadline for multiple first round picks and young players. Indiana perfect trade partner multiple first round picks and Domontas Sabonis or Myles Turner and Justin Holiday.

I want Thibs gone, cause I know where this is headed and I want to trade Randle at the trade deadline for multiple first round picks and young players. Indiana perfect trade partner multiple first round picks and Domontas Sabonis or Myles Turner and Justin Holiday.

Take it to trade machine, hulk.

More likely trade Multiple first round picks and Myles Turner for Julius Randle.
Do you understand how teams operate?
What is the upgrade for the Pacers there?
Randle isn’t signed long term and isn’t significantly better than Turner.

Randle could probably fetch a first round pick but it would cost the Knicks taking on a bad contract.

You aren’t getting anything major for the guy.
Try and make the playoffs fix the Knicks losing culture.

Do you understand how teams operate?
What is the upgrade for the Pacers there?
Randle isn’t signed long term and isn’t significantly better than Turner.

Randle could probably fetch a first round pick but it would cost the Knicks taking on a bad contract.

You aren’t getting anything major for the guy.
Try and make the playoffs fix the Knicks losing culture.

Honest question what does making the playoffs gain us ? If anything we should be bottoming out this year and next for the draft and Cade Cunningham (Oscar Robertson) draw comparison and Emoni Bates (Lebron) draw comparisons the following year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom