2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread

Honest question what does making the playoffs gain us ? If anything we should be bottoming out this year and next for the draft and Cade Cunningham (Oscar Robertson) draw comparison and Emoni Bates (Lebron) draw comparisons the following year.
It’s been explained to you many times, hulk...including just a few posts up.

Honest question what does making the playoffs gain us ? If anything we should be bottoming out this year and next for the draft and Cade Cunningham (Oscar Robertson) draw comparison and Emoni Bates (Lebron) draw comparisons the following year.
Making the playoffs shows the Knicks organization isn’t a dumpster fire and is headed in a new direction under a new leadership group in Leon Rose and World Wide Wes.

The Knicks have a loser DNA in the NBA right now. Durant and Kyrie went to Brooklyn pver MSG because the organization is a dumpster fire.

Thibs is fixing the culture. So when the next premiere player becomes available they will consider the Knicks.

Like a Bradley Beal.

Cade Cunningham is not Oscar Robertson.
I mean cmon.
Oscar is one of the top 10-12 players of all time.

Cade Cunningham if he develops into Jrue Hollday is a success.

Cade Cunningham is not Oscar Robertson.
I mean cmon.
Oscar is one of the top 10-12 players of all time.

Cade Cunningham if he develops into Jrue Hollday is a success.
What a sentence!

That’s what I love... the kid could end up being a perennial all star, MVP finalist type guy... and still not come close to Oscar Robertson.

This thread delivers.
Hulk is a passionate fan.
He wants the Knicks to follow the 76ers model but the Sixers model was miserable to watch and they got lucky in the lottery and had the Sacramento Kings make a terrible trade to get a horrible contract off their books and cost them draft picks.

Knicks need to follow the model of the Nets.

CuseRunnerHulk

98E2E4CE-260C-4EDD-B20F-5BF817E514DB.gif

I do wish he would bring back his old avatar it was cool.
Completely serious. He had a cool avatar.

Thibs is a washed up out of touch HC who was fired from his last Job. RJ Barrett is becoming a Superstar just a matter of time before Thibs alienate him just like he does every Superstar player aside from Jimmy Butler. Now that we are building a winning culture with young talent core which superstar are we going to get with Thibs as HC ? BTW, Trade deadline we need to trade Julius Randle we could get multiple first round picks and young talent assets.

We're not building anything. Tom Thibs is.

Im sorry to hear that he did something to you personally, hulk.
Quickley goes for 31 last night. Fire Thibs if Quickley is not in the starting lineup over Payton next game.

CR's got me all messed up. Are we supposed to be tanking or trying to win games?
Only try to win games if you can win a championship and if you can't win enough to be a championship contender you need to win enough so you can maybe convince a big time FA to join the team. But in order to win a championship, you need to lose games so that you can draft the next LeBron James and Oscar Robertson in back to back drafts. So you play to win games but if you start to lose some games, make sure to lose plenty of them to get the generational talents. So you want to lose a lot of games because that is considered winning. Again... unless you are good enough to actual WIN, then you want to win games because that is actually winning. But you need generational talents so you want to lose. Unless you can win.

CR's got me all messed up. Are we supposed to be tanking or trying to win games?
We already blew tanking for this season. We just had to tank this year and next year. The next Oscar Robertson and Lebron dont come around all that often. If anything we have our PG in Quickley so need to tank in 2022 for Emoni Bates.

Only try to win games if you can win a championship and if you can't win enough to be a championship contender you need to win enough so you can maybe convince a big time FA to join the team. But in order to win a championship, you need to lose games so that you can draft the next LeBron James and Oscar Robertson in back to back drafts. So you play to win games but if you start to lose some games, make sure to lose plenty of them to get the generational talents. So you want to lose a lot of games because that is considered winning. Again... unless you are good enough to actual WIN, then you want to win games because that is actually winning. But you need generational talents so you want to lose. Unless you can win.

Gotcha. But we have to do all that with a new coach, right? Because Thibs was only respected by guys like Kobe and we’re trying to attract the next T-Mac who doesn’t want to be a dog?

Gotcha. But we have to do all that with a new coach, right? Because Thibs was only respected by guys like Kobe and we’re trying to attract the next T-Mac who doesn’t want to be a dog?
Yes exactly. And only have 1-2 year players on the entire roster. Youth. Anyone who has been around 3 years, get rid of them. Play the young guns. If you can't even fill a roster, that's ok. Play the young talent. And if you can get multiple first round picks and Turner and Sabonis for Randle you do it. But then you get rid of Turner because you need to play the youth.

Yes exactly. And only have 1-2 year players on the entire roster. Youth. Anyone who has been around 3 years, get rid of them. Play the young guns. If you can't even fill a roster, that's ok. Play the young talent. And if you can get multiple first round picks and Turner and Sabonis for Randle you do it. But then you get rid of Turner because you need to play the youth.

I forgot about only entering into extremely lopsided trades that would obviously gut the other team for years to come.

I forgot about only entering into extremely lopsided trades that would obviously gut the other team for years to come.

Another person I'm glad your not an NBA executive. Randle is an all star on verge of superstar player. Knicks are not a contender the Pacers are in the east. Randle for Turner and a 1st round draft pick is fair trade. Pair Robinson and Turner on the Knicks oh my.

He will eventually be the starter.

How about we fire Boeheim if Kadary isn't in the starting lineup next game?

Oohhh... sweating over that one, I bet.

When Thibs has 1/3 of the success JB has had I'll go with it. He hasn't he is a retread HC who is despised by NBA superstars and was fired by his last team. He wants to coach like its 1991 not 2021. This is a players league know their league their style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom