2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread

No deals. Remember in 2024 Zion and JA will be Unrestricted Free Agents. Luka and Trae in 2023.

Better build a team that is in shape to compete for something if they come, otherwise they won’t be interested.

Better build a team that is in shape to compete for something if they come, otherwise they won’t be interested.

Zion is most def interested. He was unhappy when the Knicks didn't win the number 1 pick. Go look up the video he was not happy. Also we have RJ Barrett so he's going to want to play with him.

Ha- Bulls turn (6/36) to miss 3's tonight!
Obi hit a couple shots but still not there.

Not a beautiful W after giving up the big lead and bumbling to the finish line, but looked good until then -I'll take it.

Thibs needs to be fired. Him not playing Obi Toppin because he is playing to win every game instead of playing for the future is going to make Toppin a bust just like the previous coaches who didnt throw minutes at Frank and Knox. Because they were trying to save their jobs. Well Thibs just got here he should be playing for the future. Get over yourself Thibs. Like I said Thibs wants to be the biggest star on the team. Please fire him.

Thibs needs to be fired. Him not playing Obi Toppin because he is playing to win every game instead of playing for the future is going to make Toppin a bust just like the previous coaches who didnt throw minutes at Frank and Knox. Because they were trying to save their jobs. Well Thibs just got here he should be playing for the future. Get over yourself Thibs. Like I said Thibs wants to be the biggest star on the team. Please fire him.

Yada, yada, yada. Guys don’t become busts because their coaches didn’t “throw them minutes”.

Yada, yada, yada. Guys don’t become busts because their coaches didn’t “throw them minutes”.
I swear to god who plays for the future in February.
If you can’t win a title then you must suck is a miserable mentality for a fan of sports. Sports are an entertainment only one team wins it all.

He is the fan that listens to sports radio and is miserable because sports talk radio is negative and tells him to be angry.

The Knicks aren’t an embarrassment for the first time since Donnie Walsh.
Good win in Chicago last night but fire Thibs.

Hulk is funny now.

Think he knows who this is?
images

If you can’t win a title then you must suck is a miserable mentality for a fan of sports. Sports are an entertainment only one team wins it all.

He is the fan that listens to sports radio and is miserable because sports talk radio is negative and tells him to be angry.

Hulk is funny now.

He’s 100 percent troll.

Zion is most def interested. He was unhappy when the Knicks didn't win the number 1 pick. Go look up the video he was not happy. Also we have RJ Barrett so he's going to want to play with him.
I heard the same thing about Lebron twice, Kyrie, Durant, etc. Unless the Knicks are contenders by then, they won't be Knicks.

He’s 100 percent troll.

No. I want to know why we are not playing our Top 10 draft pick significant minutes. He didn't enter the draft as a freshman he was a RS Soph is 22 years old. He is ready to play.

No. I want to know why we are not playing our Top 10 draft pick significant minutes. He didn't enter the draft as a freshman he was a RS Soph is 22 years old. He is ready to play.

22 is still a young player in the NBA. He’s in the rotation and getting regular minutes on what has been a decent team. Calm down.

You really going to post every single week all season long about how the coach should be fired? Holy repetitive.

Hulk is funny now.

Come on, not fair! Our best season was in 2013, after Walsh had left. (For Indiana. Who beat us in the playoffs)

To be fair, I had to double check to make sure he was gone by then. Time flies

Come on, not fair! Our best season was in 2013, after Walsh had left. (For Indiana. Who beat us in the playoffs)

To be fair, I had to double check to make sure he was gone by then. Time flies
I honestly thought 2013 was Donnie Walsh.
I remember the Knicks finished the Celtics big 3 that postseason in 6 games.

I thought it was Walsh still in charge.
If anything then he built the roster.

It was Donnie. And then he had some health issues and got sick of Dolan and left.

He did contribute a lot, but they also had Glen Grunwald who made some really solid moves as well.

So of course, after their best season in nearly 15 years, Dolan (allegedly) overruled him to get the Bargnani deal done, and then fired him in September (who fires the GM in September??) and replaced him with...Steve Mills. And that was that

Knicks Win. I'm going to start posting stats/mins because Why is Toppin playing 7 mins ?

Also why is Quickley again still not starting 13 points off the bench ?

Thibs will do more long term damage.

Knicks Win. I'm going to start posting stats/mins because Why is Toppin playing 7 mins ?

Also why is Quickley again still not starting 13 points off the bench ?

Thibs will do more long term damage.

You are a broken record. Maybe Obi is “rusty” because he was hurt. Lololol

How are we the 6th seed in the Eastern Conference ?

I'm begging Thibs to start Quickley and give more mins for Thibs.

From Marc Berman's NY Post article after today's W:

He keeps us mentally sharp, prepared,’’ Randle said. “He’s obviously great with his game plans but his intensity, his edge that he brings us every single day is second to none. Coach is doing an amazing job. He’s putting us all in great positions on the court. We’re all extremely comfortable with what he’s having us do out there. And he has us all bought in, which is something you can’t really ask for more than that.”

Thibodeau has rallied behind Payton despite the social-media cries for popular rookie Immanuel Quickley. Now Payton has weaved two straight games of 20-plus points. Before Saturday’s game, Thibodeau said Payton’s too good a defender not to start.

“The big thing is the defense,’’ Thibodeau said. “That’s the biggest tone-setter for us. The defensive component. That’s his strength and helps his team when he starts on the ball. And to keep us organized offensively and be opportunistic on scoring opportunities.”

Even after Quickley burned the Blazers last month for 31 points, Thibodeau kept him on the bench for the entire first quarter Saturday, going the first 12 with Payton. It seemed to be a message, with all the massive hype Quickley is getting. Thibodeau could be seen yelling at Quickley on the sideline. He is still Payton’s backup.

Randle's quote = see no hate for Thibs there.
Payton has kicked it up a notch with IQ breathing down his neck.

From Marc Berman's NY Post article after today's W:

He keeps us mentally sharp, prepared,’’ Randle said. “He’s obviously great with his game plans but his intensity, his edge that he brings us every single day is second to none. Coach is doing an amazing job. He’s putting us all in great positions on the court. We’re all extremely comfortable with what he’s having us do out there. And he has us all bought in, which is something you can’t really ask for more than that.”

Thibodeau has rallied behind Payton despite the social-media cries for popular rookie Immanuel Quickley. Now Payton has weaved two straight games of 20-plus points. Before Saturday’s game, Thibodeau said Payton’s too good a defender not to start.

“The big thing is the defense,’’ Thibodeau said. “That’s the biggest tone-setter for us. The defensive component. That’s his strength and helps his team when he starts on the ball. And to keep us organized offensively and be opportunistic on scoring opportunities.”

Even after Quickley burned the Blazers last month for 31 points, Thibodeau kept him on the bench for the entire first quarter Saturday, going the first 12 with Payton. It seemed to be a message, with all the massive hype Quickley is getting. Thibodeau could be seen yelling at Quickley on the sideline. He is still Payton’s backup.

Randle's quote = see no hate for Thibs there.
Payton has kicked it up a notch with IQ breathing down his neck.

Thing is, Payton is only 26. CR talks like anyone older than 22 is worthless.

You win in the NBA with guys in their primes. Young teams almost never win. Payton’s career has been very uneven so far, but it’s very possible that he plays his best basketball the next 4-5 years. We’ll see. Regardless you need more than 1 guard that can walk and chew gum in the NBA, so all of this spazzing out for Quickley as if he’s going to play 48 mpg is a bit much. He’s a promising rookie who has earned a solid role so far.

Absolutely nobody had the Knicks in the playoffs this year. Thibs is doing a masterful job so far.

* Again, I’m not even a Knicks fan so I have zero bias or investment here. I’m a Lakers fan, but I can watch any team in the league and enjoy it. I just like the game, and I like it more when the Knicks are good. It adds to the league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom