2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread

expiring contract? Also the the Knicks have the Mavs' 2021 first rounder which may end up better.

expiring contract? Also the the Knicks have the Mavs' 2021 first rounder which may end up better.

Feel like I’d rather have both firsts. I’d hope a trade for Derrick Rose at this stage in his career wouldn’t include a first round pick that very well could be a lotto pick.

Go New York, go New York go!

Horrible Trade. Further evidence Thibs hates rookies.

So now Quickley will get even less playing time. What is the point of this trade.

Rose averaging 14 ppg in 22 mpg. Still a productive player. Veteran guy who could be a good mentor to Quickley. Believe it or not CR, there’s a lot more to developing young players than just feeding them minutes. They often need to learn how to be pros in their practice habits, training, eating, off court activities, etc. Veterans can help them.

I like the trade. IQ seeks out mentors, and D. Rose was embracing a mentor role in Detroit.
Doubt IQ's PT will be impacted, but when Payton is off (like today) D. Rose could play a lot.
Things I like best about the trade:
Another scorer to take some pressure off Randle.
If IQ or Payton go down with an injury, the Knicks now have a veteran backup that's playing well.
DSJ and a 2nd rd pick isn't a big price. Maybe DSJ finally finds his game in Detroit.

Wonder if D. Rose would have made the difference vs. the Heat today.
Knicks were battling. Hope Thibs turns it around for the rematch like vs. Bulls.
Felt a lot better after the Knicks last 2 games than after watching Clemson smack listless SU yesterday. See a bright Knicks future coming into focus -maybe it's my "Rose" colored glasses, but while SU trends the other way the rebuilding Knicks are a welcome diversion!

Feel like I’d rather have both firsts. I’d hope a trade for Derrick Rose at this stage in his career wouldn’t include a first round pick that very well could be a lotto pick.
2nd round pick

The Rose trade is fine I think if he just replaces Elfrid.

I am a little worried that Thibs is going to play Rose and Elf over IQ. IQ needs to be getting more minutes than he is already, and they just added another guy (who is one of Thibs guys no less) to the mix.

Horrible Trade. Further evidence Thibs hates rookies.

So now Quickley will get even less playing time. What is the point of this trade.

I agree with this 100%. 0 reason for this 2 happen.

IQ could actually play more minutes, getting some time at SG with DRose at PG -could be a good combo.
I don't expect IQ to get less PT, but we'll see.

IQ could actually play more minutes, getting some time at SG with DRose at PG -could be a good combo.
I don't expect IQ to get less PT, but we'll see.
if the net of this is for IQ to get less PT, i will be shocked.

every G, not named Immanuel...is about to get less PT.

Tough loss. Rose with an efficient 14 points in 20 minutes. Quickley still played 21 minutes.

Rose’s body probably can’t handle much more than low 20’s, and he’ll miss some games. Looks like Knicks fans can breathe easy about Quickley not playing, as long as he produces.

Should have been a W -Knicks hung in there very well considering Randle and IQ were off, but then nobody could hit a shot to close out the game! (and refs were awful!)
For a team not going anywhere this year, the Knicks played a Finals team from the previous year pretty even over the two games.
Seeing glass half-full: look forward Knicks bouncing back v Wizards Fri, and more Rose/IQ.

Should have been a W -Knicks hung in there very well considering Randle and IQ were off, but then nobody could hit a shot to close out the game! (and refs were awful!)
For a team not going anywhere this year, the Knicks played a Finals team from the previous year pretty even over the two games.
Seeing glass half-full: look forward Knicks bouncing back v Wizards Fri, and more Rose/IQ.

14 points in the 4th quarter is a disaster.

14 points in the 4th quarter is a disaster.
for the second game in a row the execution at the end of the game was abysmal. Julius is the Alpha but he is not an Alpha - him settling for mid range jumpers and tossing up corner 3's is insane. IQ going to the basket was the only play we made in the 4th. Thibs needs to scheme up or the execution needs to step up because they are awful in crunch time.

I doubt we'll be able to, but if we could get Kuminga... I know it was just one game, but man was he fun to watch.

Glad they have the G-League Ignite team for guys. I think it's going to be really good for them.

Genius HC we have. Best 2 PG on our roster coming off the bench Quickley and Rose. 3rd Best PG continues to start Payton. Obi Toppin must have taken the last desert at lunch one day that is why Thibs continues to start Reggie Bullock over him.

Genius HC we have. Best 2 PG on our roster coming off the bench Quickley and Rose. 3rd Best PG continues to start Payton. Obi Toppin must have taken the last desert at lunch one day that is why Thibs continues to start Reggie Bullock over him.
Honestly just want DRose to help out IQ and get him as much growth this year as possible.

Everything else is whatever.

We have to ship some people out for sure, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom