2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread

Here is a hot take. Maybe IQ benefits from playing against other teams second lineup to help build confidence and improve his game. But sure let’s throw him against the best every team has to offer cause that will work

Here is a hot take. Maybe IQ benefits from playing against other teams second lineup to help build confidence and improve his game. But sure let’s throw him against the best every team has to offer cause that will work
NBA is such a grind, especially for rookies. The “rookie wall” isn’t a myth.

IQ’s rookie season is going beautifully so far.

Thats not a hot take, that’s a fact.

and is what is happening here.

Not all superstars are plug-n-play from jump street.

Tibs is doing IQ justice.

Different sport no salary cap different league competitive level and also a promise made by the late owner which I'm holding them too.

There is a competitive balance tax which acts as a salary cap.

Thats not a hot take, that’s a fact.

and is what is happening here.

Not all superstars are plug-n-play from jump street.

Tibs is doing IQ justice.
I appreciate that. I suppose it’s a hot take in CR’s eyes

I appreciate that. I suppose it’s a hot take in CR’s eyes

Thibs will do more long term harm then short term good on this franchise. Why do u think Superstar Players like Karl Anthony Towns hate him ? Even a star player like Andrew Wiggins ?

Thibs will do more long term harm then short term good on this franchise. Why do u think Superstar Players like Karl Anthony Towns hate him ? Even a star player like Andrew Wiggins ?

When you find yourself copying and pasting your own posts, you probably shouldn’t post it.

All due respect to KAT with all that he's been through this past year, he's not a superstar.

Andrew Wiggins is not a star. And, believe me, I held my Wiggins stock far past when everyone else did. I was waiting for Paul George 2.0 to come through and Jaylen Brown basically became what everyone wanted Wiggins to become.

Jimmy Butler may have coordinated some media stuff, but what he didn't BS about was that he was willing to put in the work and those guys weren't. You see what happened in Miami.

Thibs is a good coach to get you out of the muck and to being a competent, professional basketball team. The guys on the team will know how to prepare and work to be NBA players which people just take for granted, especially with a young team.

I think we all should be on the level about something, though, as Knicks fans - there are zero players on this roster that are untradeable. What Thibs is doing is improving the overall culture and competency of our team and our organization. It's not a laughingstock.

All due respect to KAT with all that he's been through this past year, he's not a superstar.

Andrew Wiggins is not a star. And, believe me, I held my Wiggins stock far past when everyone else did. I was waiting for Paul George 2.0 to come through and Jaylen Brown basically became what everyone wanted Wiggins to become.

Jimmy Butler may have coordinated some media stuff, but what he didn't BS about was that he was willing to put in the work and those guys weren't. You see what happened in Miami.

Thibs is a good coach to get you out of the muck and to being a competent, professional basketball team. The guys on the team will know how to prepare and work to be NBA players which people just take for granted, especially with a young team.

I think we all should be on the level about something, though, as Knicks fans - there are zero players on this roster that are untradeable. What Thibs is doing is improving the overall culture and competency of our team and our organization. It's not a laughingstock.
I think KAT has the talent to be as good as Embid or Jokic... he needs to be in a better organization that can build a team and system around him that works. I would take him on the Knicks in a heartbeat.

Thibs is a three year coach... after that the players quit on him. Hope Knicks are ready for the post-Thibs days. In todays NBA when offense rules all, I’m not sure what being the best defensive team and a mediocre offense gets you.

Agree no one on the team is untradeable... but I sure hope they don’t go all in on a short-term fix, like the Melo trade, which sets the franchise back yet another decade.

I think KAT has the talent to be as good as Embid or Jokic... he needs to be in a better organization that can build a team and system around him that works. I would take him on the Knicks in a heartbeat.

Thibs is a three year coach... after that the players quit on him. Hope Knicks are ready for the post-Thibs days. In todays NBA when offense rules all, I’m not sure what being the best defensive team and a mediocre offense gets you.

Agree no one on the team is untradeable... but I sure hope they don’t go all in on a short-term fix, like the Melo trade, which sets the franchise back yet another decade.

Id argue that the Melo trade made them relevant for the only time in the last 20 years.

It was the Amare signing and Bargnani trades that set them back.

They hired him to bring back some toughness and respectability back to the Knicks. He was not brought here to be here ten years.

Id argue that the Melo trade made them relevant for the only time in the last 20 years.

It was the Amare signing and Bargnani trades that set them back.
Didn’t Melo happen after the other two?

The Melo trade hurt because they had to give up a ton in the trade when they could have just signed him 6 months later as a FA. While we are dredging up old history... it‘s too bad Kristaps turned out to be such a diva.

33 points combined from Quickley and Toppin. Still neither in the starting lineup.

Toppin should be starting over Bullock
Quickley over Payton

C Robinson once healthy
F Randle
F Toppin
G Barrett
G Quickley

This needs to be the starting lineup.
Havlicek didn’t start for many years. Mariano Rivera never started. ;-)

Havlicek didn’t start for many years. Mariano Rivera never started. ;-/
His bellyaching about not starting in a 48 minute game where multiple guys on the bench play 20+ minutes per game for many teams in the league shows that he has little understanding of the league. Surprised a guy like him even cares about the NBA, tbh.

Didn’t Melo happen after the other two?

The Melo trade hurt because they had to give up a ton in the trade when they could have just signed him 6 months later as a FA. While we are dredging up old history... it‘s too bad Kristaps turned out to be such a diva.
Melo was in between the 2.

amare we all knew was damaged goods and basically useless, then Melo came and there was nope, then the Bargnani trade sucked all the air out of the room and we died.

Your last paragraph is money. I'd add Thibs sets the foundation another coach will build off it and get them to the top.

Your last paragraph is money. I'd add Thibs sets the foundation another coach will build off it and get them to the top.
Except both Minnesota and Chicago have shown the opposite. Thibs burnt those two teams to a crisp and they still haven’t recovered. If he left any sort of foundation, it was severely cracked.

Except both Minnesota and Chicago have shown the opposite. Thibs burnt those two teams to a crisp and they still haven’t recovered. If he left any sort of foundation, it was severely cracked.
I agree. Was trying to say Thibs won't be there at end. Hoping new Knicks leadership is better than T-Wolves. Time will tell.

Eh, the two aren’t really the same though. He was there for Chicago’s run. And it was a strong run. He wasn’t there to build them for the future, he was there to win. The roster got hurt/old over time.

Good game other than the BAD calls, worst being on DRose and Taj!
If calls continue in 2nd half, the Randle/Obi lineup will be interesting.
Good to see Barrett get going -playing v Reddish prob good Inspiration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom