2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread

We need a scorer in crunch time against good teams. Some of the stuff we run at the end of these games (and obviously no Rose hurts) is ...not good.

Because he was playing well in preason then thibs didnr play him start season then he got hurt and Randle been a allstar play same position.
Obi is important b/c Knicks can't ride Julius 40+ every game, regardless how great he's playing.
Julius had nothing left in Q4 at Philly -he goes all-out and Knicks ride him hard. Mega-minutes may burn Julius out, or potential injury.
Most stars play approx 35MPG. Obi needs to step up for the other 13MPG.
Instead, Obi played an unproductive/lost 4" vs Nets then 7" vs 76ers.
Honeymoon will soon be over for Obi -his play needs to improve ASAP.
Potential that the Knicks will have a trio of top-10 misses (Obi/Knox/Frank) on the bench.
The Knicks' inspired play keeps me from thinking about that too much...

We need a scorer in crunch time against good teams. Some of the stuff we run at the end of these games (and obviously no Rose hurts) is ...not good.
Agree 100% -Knicks willed themselves into position for a huge W at the end of the last 2 games.
IQ is playing hurt -don't know how much it affects his shooting. So wanted to see him hit a winner.
Hope DRose returns before the 76ers rematch at home Saturday.

Frustrating last few minutes last 2 games, but keeping perspective -
Before the season these games would have been expected to be 15-20 point losses!

You know Thibs slept with a smile one his face last night after winning that game with a last possession steal.
Great play -was more relieved than smiling after the Knicks' resilience narrowly avoided a bad loss!
Fun seeing new Knicks lineups with so many guys out.
Burks/Bullock manned-up and appeared to enjoy playing together with the tweaked lineup.
Started to think Frank will never make another shot, then he hit some key ones -but still benched for crunch time which is telling.

Revenge vs 76ers at home Sunday! A few days to rest -and DRose was at the game so hope he'll play.
Anxious to see if Knicks have the same roster a week from now!

Philly did everything they could to give Knicks the W-
Thought was going to be a perfect end to a great hoops day- Knicks icing on SU cake!
Once again great resilience, but should have been a W.
Obi Watch: 7-0-0-0-0-0.

Philly did everything they could to give Knicks the W-
Thought was going to be a perfect end to a great hoops day- Knicks icing on SU cake!
Once again great resilience, but should have been a W.
Obi Watch: 7-0-0-0-0-0.
Interesting sliding doors with Obi and the 2020 tourney. If NCAA tournament happens and Dayton goes to Final Four, maybe he's not there for Knicks. Or maybe he flops and the Knicks can pass on him.

Interesting sliding doors with Obi and the 2020 tourney. If NCAA tournament happens and Dayton goes to Final Four, maybe he's not there for Knicks. Or maybe he flops and the Knicks can pass on him.
Interesting perspective!
Keep looking for signs that Obi is not another failed top-10 Knicks Pick...

Some of the worst basketball the Knicks played this season, then
RESILIENCE!
So bad almost turned it off.
Glad I didn't -GREAT 4Q comeback from 17 down Q3!

Put it on after the lax loss and was so freakin into it!!

burks was great, Gibsons picks were incredible and Barrett’s toughness were all awesome to see.

keep playing KNICKS basketball!!!

Put it on after the lax loss and was so freakin into it!!

burks was great, Gibsons picks were incredible and Barrett’s toughness were all awesome to see.

keep playing KNICKS basketball!!!
I think that’s 4 games in a row with 20+ for burks. What a pleasant surprise

I knew the game was over when the Knicks took the lead with around 4 minutes left, and the next Wizards possession, Russ took a contested, fadeaway three pointer early in the shot clock. Such a dumb shot. Followed it up with a dumb turnover and that was that.

Some of the worst basketball the Knicks played this season, then
RESILIENCE!
So bad almost turned it off.
Glad I didn't -GREAT 4Q comeback from 17 down Q3!

And they covered the -3

When is Andre Drummond going to be bought out ? Knicks are one of the favorites to land him. Great addition and give up nothing for him.

Pelle had quite the auspicious debut!
Recent games had me wondering if Knicks hit the Wall -
Only the Pistons, but lots of Knicks Goodness all the way around last night.

When is Andre Drummond going to be bought out ? Knicks are one of the favorites to land him. Great addition and give up nothing for him.
The more the Knicks win, the less you seem to post. Unless there’s an unrealistic lineup/personnel move to freak out about.

Drummond wanted to come to the best franchise in professional sports.

If the Knicks can keep winning games, they will soon be attractive to free agents. Keep it up, Thibs! It’s going in the right direction.

The more the Knicks win, the less you seem to post. Unless there’s an unrealistic lineup/personnel move to freak out about.

Drummond wanted to come to the best franchise in professional sports.

If the Knicks can keep winning games, they will soon be attractive to free agents. Keep it up, Thibs! It’s going in the right direction.

Yes. I'm rooting for them to win make the playoffs and try to do something. I still am not a Thibs fan personally or professionally.

Yes. I'm rooting for them to win make the playoffs and try to do something. I still am not a Thibs fan personally or professionally.
He’s the best coach they’ve had since Pat Riley.

Knicks getting in the 4-5 seed matchup and playing someone they can beat like the Hornets or Hawks would be all I would be worried about at this point. It’s very possible.

Even if they get a 7 and get a crack at the Nets or something, would be fun even though they won’t win.

Given how rarely you’ve seen them make the playoffs as a fan in your lifetime(being in your 20s), I’d think you’d be sky high right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom