2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

2020-2021 NY Knicks Season Thread

I will say this. Off this season and the direction of the franchise is headed with Thibs and up top Rose Perry and World Wide Wes and having a Superstar in Randle an upcoming star in Randle and a nice young core and good role players. We better land a superstar player next time. I'm not waiting 3 4 years for Zion who by all accounts is coming when he becomes a free agent. Before that.

I will say this. Off this season and the direction of the franchise is headed with Thibs and up top Rose Perry and World Wide Wes and having a Superstar in Randle an upcoming star in Randle and a nice young core and good role players. We better land a superstar player next time. I'm not waiting 3 4 years for Zion who by all accounts is coming when he becomes a free agent. Before that.
You wanted thibs fired (coach of the year candidate), wanted to trade randle (mvp candidate), wanted to tank (playoffs).

You don’t get to make any demands here, Hulk.

You were wrong on everything. Humble yourself, plug it up, and enjoy the ride.

You don’t get to make any demands here, Hulk.

You were wrong on everything. Humble yourself, plug it up, and enjoy the ride.

I'm putting on the available superstar players not the Knicks as a whole. No excuses for them not to come or be interested.

I'm putting on the available superstar players not the Knicks as a whole. No excuses for them not to come or be interested.

Yeah, I’m sure the Knicks are a lot more enticing to join now that they’re winning, as opposed to if they were tanking.

Yeah, I’m sure the Knicks are a lot more enticing to join now that they’re winning, as opposed to if they were tanking.

I was wrong I was in love with Cade Cunningham but his stock has fallen might not even be the number 1 pick anymore. Plus we are loaded at PG spot.

If only RJ or Bullock had a decent game to support great games by Julius and DRose-
Get IQ and Burks back, win last 3 at home, then excited to see what damage Knicks can do in playoffs.
Want to see how Knicks finish -then worry about moves for next season.

I actually stayed up late last night to watch the entire Knicks/Lakers game... this is where being in the central timezone helps. It was a very entertaining game but it definitely exposed all of the Knicks flaws and why I don't think they get past round one in the playoffs assuming they get in past the playin games:
  • Rose has been an amazing find but towards the end of last night's game he started running the offense like he is still MVP Derrick Rose. The problem is MVP Derrick Rose wouldn't have been completely stuffed by the scrub guards the Lakers threw at him in the 4th quarter.
  • Randle is amazing and having an all-NBA season but the Lakers shut him down late in the 4th and in OT and he took a ton of difficult shots. To his Randle's credit some of those shots went in, but a lot didn't. In the playoffs, the other team will actually game plan for Randle and take away his pet moves and I think his effectiveness will drop a little.
  • RJ completely disappeared in the 4th quarter and OT... if this is a preview of his playoff performance, Knicks have no shot at winning a series
  • Basically it all comes down to the fact that the Knicks don't have anyone who can consistently create offense outside of Randle. Sure Rose can in spurts, but he runs hot and cold. When the going gets tough, and in the playoffs every possession is tough, the Knicks offense devolves into hero/iso ball that would even make JB blush.
  • If I'm Knicks leadership there is not one untouchable piece on the roster other than Randle. The team has some good complementary pieces but they need guards in the worst sort of way. If RJ doesn't develop a consistent game they also need another 2/3 hybrid who can get in the paint and do some damage.
  • Rose and Quickly are good bench guys, but they don't deserve starters minutes.
  • Payton needs to go bye bye.
  • It's been 5 years and I'm still not sure what Frank is and this is across 3/4 coaches and systems
  • Knox is a busted pick
  • It's too early to make a call on Obi
  • The rest are just plug and play dudes.

I actually stayed up late last night to watch the entire Knicks/Lakers game... this is where being in the central timezone helps. It was a very entertaining game but it definitely exposed all of the Knicks flaws and why I don't think they get past round one in the playoffs assuming they get in past the playin games:
  • Rose has been an amazing find but towards the end of last night's game he started running the offense like he is still MVP Derrick Rose. The problem is MVP Derrick Rose wouldn't have been completely stuffed by the scrub guards the Lakers threw at him in the 4th quarter.
  • Randle is amazing and having an all-NBA season but the Lakers shut him down late in the 4th and in OT and he took a ton of difficult shots. To his Randle's credit some of those shots went in, but a lot didn't. In the playoffs, the other team will actually game plan for Randle and take away his pet moves and I think his effectiveness will drop a little.
  • RJ completely disappeared in the 4th quarter and OT... if this is a preview of his playoff performance, Knicks have no shot at winning a series
  • Basically it all comes down to the fact that the Knicks don't have anyone who can consistently create offense outside of Randle. Sure Rose can in spurts, but he runs hot and cold. When the going gets tough, and in the playoffs every possession is tough, the Knicks offense devolves into hero/iso ball that would even make JB blush.
  • If I'm Knicks leadership there is not one untouchable piece on the roster other than Randle. The team has some good complementary pieces but they need guards in the worst sort of way. If RJ doesn't develop a consistent game they also need another 2/3 hybrid who can get in the paint and do some damage.
  • Rose and Quickly are good bench guys, but they don't deserve starters minutes.
  • Payton needs to go bye bye.
  • It's been 5 years and I'm still not sure what Frank is and this is across 3/4 coaches and systems
  • Knox is a busted pick
  • It's too early to make a call on Obi
  • The rest are just plug and play dudes.
i think you oversimplified the negativity, but not necessarily wrong on most counts.

- a legit PG is a huge need. Rose had to try to be MVP Rose because Payton didnt have it and Frank is well, Frank.

- Quickley can and will be good, an All Star? who knows, but his presence wouldve been nice last night, it put too much pressure on RJ and Bullock, both of whom did not play all that well.

- Obi might be a good role player, a better Anthony Mason, hopefully an X McDaniel.

- Mitchel Robinson also wouldve helped

- i dont think you blow up the whole team right now, but to say only Randle is the only untouchable is too much. Id keep everyone mentioned above, except Payton. Randle, RJ, Bullock, Quickley, Frank, Rose, Mitch & Obi all stay.

- of that 8, next year i think theyre looking for 2 starters next to Randle, Mitch and RJ; a backup C and its certainly possible Frank and/or Bullock gets dealt on draft day as they are certainly not untouchable.

What's the deal with Mitch? Is he done for the year, including playoffs?

Thanks Wizards for nothing. Magic and Rockets are hopeless and will probably roll over for the Hawks. Knicks probably have to win out and tie to get the fourth seed.

Celtics lost again. Nice to see that x next to our name!

67726A6B-C1AC-438E-83CA-F0403E22C1B0.jpeg

If he didn't play for the Knicks, would anyone here offer Julius a max contract?

If he didn't play for the Knicks, would anyone here offer Julius a max contract?

The max contract isn't what it used to be in the NBA. If the Knicks don't give him one, then I'm sure he will have options to get one elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom